moved up to parry sound and insurance is much higher!

Thread: moved up to parry sound and insurance is much higher!

moved up to parry sound and insurance is much higher!

I just moved up north and my insurance for my gs500 is higher than my cobalt ss. Riders insurance told me it will cost them a lot of money to send me to toronto if i get into an accident, so thats why my rates are all most $1800. I have no tickets nor claims, I just got an quote from my car insurance for $989.

Re: moved up to parry sound and insurance is much higher!

... I live in downtown Toronto - hospitals everywhere - and the insurance broker says that my rates would be much lower if I moved far away from Toronto (e.g. Parry Sound)... lol
    2006 Yamaha R6 Blue
    Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper (Blue), Motovation Bar Ends and No-cut Frame Sliders, Swingarm Slider/Spools, Custom Dynamics Integrated LED Tail Light, Flush Mount Front and Rear Turn Signals, Yamaha Passenger Seat Cowl, Scorpio i-900 alarm, Boxer 5108 disk lock with alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by jridessuzuki View Post
    I just moved up north and my insurance for my gs500 is higher than my cobalt ss. Riders insurance told me it will cost them a lot of money to send me to toronto if i get into an accident, so thats why my rates are all most $1800. I have no tickets nor claims, I just got an quote from my car insurance for $989.
    That's a stupid reason. I'm sure there are hospitals in Parry Sound. If you do get into an accident, it is the governments responsibility to arrange for health care provisions if necessary, not your insurance.

I would shop around for insurance if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by jridessuzuki View Post
    I believe rates for bikes are usually higher in rural areas than urban areas, and vice versa for cars.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    If you do get into an accident, it is the governments responsibility to arrange for health care provisions if necessary, not your insurance.
    No, it is your insurance company's responsibility.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I believe rates for bikes are usually higher in rural areas than urban areas, and vice versa for cars.
    Usually rural rates are cheaper - it's based upon claims experience. Claims in rural areas are typically lower than that of urban. Which company are you with?

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    Usually rural rates are cheaper - it's based upon claims experience. Claims in rural areas are typically lower than that of urban. Which company are you with?
    Many companies do not use Territory as a rating factor for Motorcycles at all. State Farm does use Territory for bike, and I believe their analysis shows a better motorcycle claims experience in the city compared to rural areas (which is the reverse of auto insurance). Perhaps the claims in the rural areas are more severe due to non-divided highways or more frequent due to gravel thrown on the road from tractors? I really have no idea.

I am with riders plus now, got a quote from my car insurance broker for 978, i just got an online quote from td for 700 so there is massive differences why i dont know