New Honda VT700V

Thread: New Honda VT700V

New Honda VT700V

Just saw this on the web last night. Really liked the concept. I don't know why manufacturers think we need to get bigger and bigger. This seems to be close to what i could see myself in (in time). The current offerings in this category (v-strom aside) are all 1200+.

Not so sure about the car dashboard though, any thoughts, anyone care?

Re: New Honda VT700V

Hm.....Looks nice enough to consider having one. 700cc only means that it should be cheaper than its bigger brothers (st1300), not that it will lack any power.

Why not.
    Last edited by Stas; 03-18-2010 at 10:18 AM.

It's alot cheaper. Like about $5000.00 us - but somehow that probably ends up being $2000.00 cdn
    What's in a name? Well apparently nothing as i now ride a Suzuki er/um Honda ...
    2000 VFR
    1989 VMax

It's not available in Canada, those panniers aren't removable.

Here is a competitive middleweight 800 aimed more at the sporty end (think VFR800) but makes a good VT700 competitor as well....panniers can be added.

Quote Originally Posted by YamaMana View Post

Not so sure about the car dashboard though, any thoughts, anyone care? The current offerings in this category (v-strom aside) are all 1200+.

Last edited by MotoStark; 03-18-2010 at 10:37 AM.
    GTA-M. Your best bang for the entertainment buck.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner?

Yeah, the NT700V is a beautiful bike and it would most likely be a joy to own. Too bad its not available in Canada, yet. It is available in the States.

I think especially for one up riding that bike would be a HOOT! It has a big fuel tank, awesome stock luggage, available top box, a centre stand, excellent wind protection, comfortable yet slightly sporty ergos, and that 700cc v twin will probably go like stink. So because it is such a great all around bike it would probably be a sales flop if it ever landed on our shores. Which is too bad. I don't understand why great bikes don't seem to sell here.
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.

Thats funny.

This is what the Honda US customers are saying about us.

We get the CBF600, CBF1000, and CBR125R, and maybe another model or two that they don't get.

It always seems that everybody always wants what everybody else has and can't quite get.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    Yeah, the NT700V is a beautiful bike and it would most likely be a joy to own. Too bad its not available in Canada, yet. It is available in the States.

I think especially for one up riding that bike would be a HOOT! It has a big fuel tank, awesome stock luggage, available top box, a centre stand, excellent wind protection, comfortable yet slightly sporty ergos, and that 700cc v twin will probably go like stink. So because it is such a great all around bike it would probably be a sales flop if it ever landed on our shores. Which is too bad. I don't understand why great bikes don't seem to sell here.
    GTA-M. Your best bang for the entertainment buck.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner?

By the time I will need to replace my ST1100 the NT700 will likely be available here. If not I would head south and bring one back. The non-removable side luggage is no concern to me because I rarely take the luggage off my bike now. It is a royal pain to remove them and the bike looks better with them attached.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

Well the VFR is exactly my point. Take a nice bike and add 50% to the displacement for some reason. The VFR800 is now the VFR1200.

I have a FZ6. The FZ6 has become the anemic FZ6R (not really as is from a different heritage but that's for a different discussion) whilst the real FZ6 is becoming the FZ8 next year. Again the whole "We've got a great bike here but it's just not selling so lets add 33%".

I know I can get Givi luggage but it definitely does not compliment the bike. I think there is a market here for distance riders who don't think a top speed of 250km is too slow. Plus ever get 8 litres of milk in your backpack - just a little heavy.
    What's in a name? Well apparently nothing as i now ride a Suzuki er/um Honda ...
    2000 VFR
    1989 VMax