craaaaap....the day before the big day. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: craaaaap....the day before the big day.

Re: craaaaap....the day before the big day.

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Some of the responsibilty lies on you , maybe you can sell the apartment and buy a townhouse with a garage if you intend to be a GTA biker, as it is obviously not safe to leave a bike in plain sight in condo parking lots.... Or rent a storage spot?
    Victim sells home, intent on being GTA biker.

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    Makes sense to me. I don't even look at houses that don't have a garage. Neither does my wife. She knows I am a gear head. Cars and bikes and tools require garages. If that's your lifestyle, you prepare for it. Same as yards. I have kids. I don't look at properties that don't have room for kids to play. Pretty simple really.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by snowboarder View Post
    i was thinking about getting a SS but i probably won't now cuz i don't want it getting stolen. grrrrrr...
    Never let theives ruin your dreams or haunt your mind. If someone wants your bike, they will take it. Nothing can stop them. Your only option is insurance. Get insurance, make sure you have GAP insurance if your bike is financed, and DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!

R.I.P. 88 Iroc 350TPi

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

At some AMA events they check your VIN, but most of the time they dont. Thieves are honestly probably are just parting out 99% of stolen bikes anyway, so it doesnt help. Its way easier to sell a bunch of parts on ebay, especially for a newer model popular bike, than it is to sell an entire stolen bike.

It really sucks that it happens. Vehicle thieves should get a way harsher sentence when theyre caught than they currently do. Its a major inconvenience and a huge impact on someones life having their vehicle stolen.

I hate reading threads like this, it makes me super paranoid, especially because my bikes up for sale. I really hate telling people where i live when they email me, i just get really paranoid that theyre just looking for something easy to steal. So paranoid that i always put an intersection at least 2 blocks away from my house in my ad lol. Im kinda glad that my building has 24h security, one huge garage for 6 big buildings so theres lots of traffic at all hours, tons of cameras, and only one entrance/exit for the garage with the guard posted right outside, but i still dont feel like my stuff is safe down there.

It sucks man, sorry.

I checked my garage after reading this JUST TO BE SAFE.

Damn that really bites. Especially in weather like this. Hope you get back on the road soon man.
    http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1015/batmanp.gif<--Badass

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Makes sense to me. I don't even look at houses that don't have a garage. Neither does my wife. She knows I am a gear head. Cars and bikes and tools require garages. If that's your lifestyle, you prepare for it. Same as yards. I have kids. I don't look at properties that don't have room for kids to play. Pretty simple really.
    Agree 100&#37;.

If I were the OP, I would seriously consider finding alternative storage. The low life thieves are hoping that you get a nice replacement with your insurance money - it wouldnt surprise me if they came back for second helpings.

Sorry to hear about your loss. my guys brand new bike was stolen out of our condo parking a few months ago, so i know your pain. nothing sucks more than heading to your spot and seeing that empty space where your bike should be!

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    Sadly enough, this is exactly what we did! we both ride, but luckily i sold my bike a few months earlier, otherwise both our bikes would have likely been gone. we just bought a house..with our own garage. this way we can secure it more than we could in the condo parking lot. its just a bit more peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson View Post
    I hate reading threads like this, it makes me super paranoid, especially because my bikes up for sale. I really hate telling people where i live when they email me, i just get really paranoid that theyre just looking for something easy to steal. So paranoid that i always put an intersection at least 2 blocks away from my house in my ad lol. Im kinda glad that my building has 24h security, one huge garage for 6 big buildings so theres lots of traffic at all hours, tons of cameras, and only one entrance/exit for the garage with the guard posted right outside, but i still dont feel like my stuff is safe down there.
    dont want to make you paranoid, but my condo had the same - 24 hr security, lots of cameras, only one entrance / exit. Despite all that, it took less than 6 minutes for the ********** to get in and out

Hey all, so I saw the video.....

One guy driving a very new silver caravan. It appears he was bearded with a turbin. There was a second person in the back, can't really tell. They piggy backed into the garage and then busted through the "security arm" as well. They also tried to move our very stationary camera that was viewing the bike, but they failed, and all of this after they drove past every damn camera in the building. Dumbasses. My bike is in pretty deep in the garage, and this guy went straight to it, so he was tipped off.

The good news is, we have the last half of the plate only from viewing 3 cameras, and we have 11 in the garage, of which he drove past every single one, so after the tech burns me and the cops a disk, hopefully we will get a complete shot.

BTW, I'm not going to move just because some lazy good for nothing thief wants my stuff. I'll just make it really annoying if not almost impossible for them if they come back. Two can play at this game.
    ZX6R

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Persian-Rice View Post
    Hey all, so I saw the video.....

One guy driving a very new silver caravan. It appears he was bearded with a turbin. There was a second person in the back, can't really tell. They piggy backed into the garage and then busted through the "security arm" as well. They also tried to move our very stationary camera that was viewing the bike, but they failed, and all of this after they drove past every damn camera in the building. Dumbasses. My bike is in pretty deep in the garage, and this guy went straight to it, so he was tipped off.

The good news is, we have the last half of the plate only from viewing 3 cameras, and we have 11 in the garage, of which he drove past every single one, so after the tech burns me and the cops a disk, hopefully we will get a complete shot.

BTW, I'm not going to move just because some lazy good for nothing thief wants my stuff. I'll just make it really annoying if not almost impossible for them if they come back. Two can play at this game.
    Dont count on those plates to lead you anywhere. Even the dumbest thief steals a plate before he does something like this.

Post pics of the person and the car, u never know, someone might recognize em.

Quote Originally Posted by KRFDPSSTI View Post
    Dont count on those plates to lead you anywhere. Even the dumbest thief steals a plate before he does something like this.

Post pics of the person and the car, u never know, someone might recognize em.
    After many threads like this, I think this is one of the smartest ideas yet.

If you get a copy of the video, post screen shots. We should have a sticky with screenshots from victims.

Imagine a thread with even 10 different shots of 10 different bikes being stolen. We can gain much info from this. Is it the same team everytime? Is it the same car? Perhaps the stolen license plates that are being used are all stolen from the same geographic area? etc etc.
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R (white)600
    2008 kawasaki zx6r (blue) [stolen]
    2006 kawasaki zzr250 (blue) [dead]

Oh and I sometimes pretend to be a magician, check me out -> www.DurgySpade.com

Good idea Ill post up the whole video when I get it, you can't see anyone except for a few frames, but for sure when the driver gets out, beard and a turban. His window was down, so maybe there will be more shots of him. They got in at 6:14, waited for things to quiet down, loaded the bike in 3-4 mins and were out by 6:25. It doesn't really look like they even gave a **** if people noticed.
    ZX6R

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Persian-Rice View Post
    Good idea Ill post up the whole video when I get it, you can't see anyone except for a few frames, but for sure when the driver gets out, beard and a turban. His window was down, so maybe there will be more shots of him. They got in at 6:14, waited for things to quiet down, loaded the bike in 3-4 mins and were out by 6:25. It doesn't really look like they even gave a **** if people noticed.
    Do it up...take some screenshots and plaster it on every forum you visit...you never know. Someone might recognize the guy and just maybe he rubbed him the wrong way in the past and will call it in

Get a screen shot of them...and I'll make the sticky. GTAM's Most Wanted!!

When I go to Cornwall, there's a sign on the way in saying "Bait car program in effect" Be curious to find out how to set this up??
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Quote Originally Posted by vicious View Post
    dont want to make you paranoid, but my condo had the same - 24 hr security, lots of cameras, only one entrance / exit. Despite all that, it took less than 6 minutes for the ********** to get in and out

Yeah i know, i still am paranoid. The only thing that keeps me sane is that i actually had outdoor parking for the bike all last year and it didnt get stolen, and theres about 20 bikes within 15 feet of mine, all worth much more just in parts, so most likely any professional thief would just leave my bike.

I still worry though, its like one of my biggest fears.

I'd be willing to bet that that turbin is a disguise too...

So, GTAM members ready to purchase that bike lock, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by flightzed View Post
    Hey I know that empty feeling you have. Mine was stolen last year. I'll keep a look out for your bike......still lookin for mine
    Was yours the only white and red one in Ontario? Because I swore I saw a red and white zx14 the other day. Was around here, in Brampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that that turbin is a disguise too...
    Umm... why would they use a turban as a "disguise" when a ski mask would do a much better job?
    http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1015/batmanp.gif<--Badass

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Umm... why would they use a turban as a "disguise" when a ski mask would do a much better job?
    Cuz everyone with a turban and a beard looks the same. It's genius.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    Cuz everyone with a turban and a beard looks the same. It's genius.
    Umm...so does everyone wearing ski masks!
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Umm...so does everyone wearing ski masks!
    If I saw someone with a ski mask walking around the streets I'd be weirded out or take notice at least. I don't think twice when I see someone with a turbin, or a cap, or a toque.
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R (white)600
    2008 kawasaki zx6r (blue) [stolen]
    2006 kawasaki zzr250 (blue) [dead]

Oh and I sometimes pretend to be a magician, check me out -> www.DurgySpade.com