Do you ride with a chest protector? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ride with a chest protector?

Re: Do you ride with a chest protector?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    I think I'm going to go with something like this:

Most people ride without chest protectors now, so while it would suck to find out it doesn't work, it's better than nothing.
    Sorry, I think you might waist your money. When it's over 30 degrees outside, you want to be nakid under your leathers! Also, last yr's theme at the track was......#1 broken collar bone, #2 broken shoulder There were LOTS of those injuries. There was a few broken wrists.

If you got into an accident that had enough force to break ribs, I don't think this protector could disperse it enough, and you would still get broken ribs....and if you get wacked in the knockers......it's still going to hurt like hell ! Well maybe not with that dainese one lol
    But if you do get it.....look out, all the guys will be wanting to check your chest protection

Quote Originally Posted by graffitigurl View Post
    But if you do get it.....look out, all the guys will be wanting to check your chest protection
    I have a knox chest protector that I haven't been able to fit in my old suit since it's a bit bulky, but I will be using it this season with my new suit.

I do believe if you are going to get a chest protector it should be made of some sort of material that would be tough enough to take a good impact and dissipate the force of that impact effectively. Somehow the one pictured doesn't appear to be that tough or capable of dispersing a good whack.

Oh and i'll bring my stamp just in case.
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

Do you have a suit already or is that your next purchase? If you already have a suit that fits well with a back protector you may not have the room for a chest protector. If that's too bulky and uncomfortable, you may end up not using it.

If you do plan on getting a suit after you get your chest protector, you would have to commit to continue to wearing it otherwise your suit would no longer fit correctly.
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    Do you have a suit already or is that your next purchase? If you already have a suit that fits well with a back protector you may not have the room for a chest protector. If that's too bulky and uncomfortable, you may end up not using it.

If you do plan on getting a suit after you get your chest protector, you would have to commit to continue to wearing it otherwise your suit would no longer fit correctly.
    I already have the suit and I'm not sure a chest protector will fit right now.

After breaking my ribs on a few different occasions I have decided to get a back protector with the built in
    chest guard. I just picked up a Dainese backprotector
    with the chest guard at Riders Choice and I'm very
    happy with it. Doesn't feel much different from wearing
    just the back protector but has the extra protection anyway.

I'm in the market for a back protector and am considering a chest protector too.

Obviously my chesticles are a little bigger than a man's , so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I tried on icon field armour last year but the front just kind of...uhh...stuck out. Chesticles got in the way.

Anyone ever ride in the form fitting shirts with the foam chest protection in them?

Any recommendations?
    Some of the good back protectors come with a front plate. You can choose to where it sometimes if it's a long trip or if it's a short boot you can leave it off, I think that would be the best option.

Hey Kell!

I picked up one of these off Crash last year at TMP (price was very reasonable). It has pretty good protection; and enough room for my 'moobs'...

Look forward to seeing ya on the track amiga! Woot.
    Opinions are like motorcycles; we all have one, some are just better than others

Quote Originally Posted by ungrateful_son View Post
    Hey Kell!

I picked up one of these off Crash last year at TMP (price was very reasonable). It has pretty good protection; and enough room for my 'moobs'...
    You a C cup too?

Hahahahaha....(coughs)...ahem...only for hockey
    Opinions are like motorcycles; we all have one, some are just better than others

bumping this thread as I've been looking into a chest protector but all i seem to find that takes a woman's differences into account is dirt wear (there is also the fact that i may not be able to fit one into my leathers, the zip up is kind of bone crushing as it is..). is dirt wear ok for track use?
    x

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

The Dainese Womens Thorax is the only Female Specific one I know of.

Actually there is another women specific product out there:

Impact Armour, Women's Chest Protector

I'll be getting my hands on a custom set in a while..

Eden on the red 125GP bike at the SOAR races wears their chest/back protectors if any one wants to see it up close.
    Last edited by Blackie; 08-03-2010 at 01:48 PM.
    BUY MY BIKE!

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    The Dainese Womens Thorax is the only Female Specific one I know of.

That looks like it would be so incredibly uncomfortable and not even functional. It's more of a plastic boob cap. Doesn't even look like it offers much protection to the ribs.
    BUY MY BIKE!

in my research i've found a* has this

it reproduces stuff my suit and back protector already have so spending $250 (which seems to be the canadian price, american is about 230 but when you factor shipping etc) seems to be redundant. plus it may make getting into my 1 piece even more fun.
    x

^Ha! I was just about to post that! You beat me to it.

I don't ride with a chest protector, but I have removed the crappy stock back pads that came in my Joe Rocket and A* jackets and wear the A* Bionic Race BP. It eats up a lot of room in my jackets, unfortunately. So much so that I can now wear my Joe Rocket jacket again (it was too big), but cannot wear my A* jacket because I suffocate (it did fit perfectly before the BP). I cannot imagine also trying to stuff chest protection in my jackets. I'd pass out from being squeezed so much!

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    in my research i've found a* has this

it reproduces stuff my suit and back protector already have so spending $250 (which seems to be the canadian price, american is about 230 but when you factor shipping etc) seems to be redundant. plus it may make getting into my 1 piece even more fun.
    That's for dirt biking, I have it and love it, but it would never fit under a leather suit or jacket as it was never meant to.
    BUY MY BIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    That's for dirt biking, I have it and love it, but it would never fit under a leather suit or jacket as it was never meant to.
    I was thinking i'd have to take out all the upper armour in my a* suit to get into it with that.
    x

if you're gear is tight this stays put just fine. it's thin and well ventilated.

* It's about safety, stupid.