YZF 750R Error Code?

Thread: YZF 750R Error Code?

Question YZF 750R Error Code?

Hey guys,
    I've googled my brains out and can't seem to get any info on error codes for my bike. (96' yzf 750r) My Tachometer is continuously cycling through what seems to be an error code, it sits at zero for a second, then shoots up to 7 for a second, then falls to 1.5 for another second, and back to zero. It's constantly cycling through this. what i'd like to get my hands on is a list of error codes for this bike. it's seemingly impossible... perhaps one of you guys could help me out... i'd like to get this fixed up. the bike runs fine i have an idea it has something to do with the low fuel light as that's all that doesn't work on the bike now...

Thanks in advance!
    Justin - Downtown Toronto - Yamaha YZF 750R

Re: YZF 750R Error Code?

What's the factory service manual say about this?

Is your EXUP valve motor connected and properly adjusted?

Does the engine start and run normally?

The manual for my 02 FZ1 says 7k on the tach means an issue with EXUP. If the bike can be ridden, then it says there is an improper connection or short circuit in the EXUP system. If the bike cannot be ridden, then the servomotor is locked.

I can not imagine that Yamaha would make the system different for different models, no fiscal reason to.

Is your gas tank off the bike or the fuel pump disconnected. There are only three error codes in that pathetic diagnostic system. One is for exup second is for disconnected fuel pump and honestly I can't remember the third one.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by yamamonster View Post
    Is your gas tank off the bike or the fuel pump disconnected. There are only three error codes in that pathetic diagnostic system. One is for exup second is for disconnected fuel pump and honestly I can't remember the third one.

Joe
    Third is for TPS. Given that it is not a fuel injected bike, what more do you need?

Thanks guys, I was checking this for a while way back when i posted it, but since the bike would run fine i ended up just 'dealing with it'...

Eventually the code stopped happening which leads me to believe the loose connection idea may be the issue, however after taking this beautiful savage out of the garage for the first time this season and washing, polishing primping her for her next big season.. she turns over, and wont start and no fuel smell from flooding. I haven't done much troubleshooting yet, but after reading this thread again I'm assuming maybe it's a fuel pump or wiring issue related to the code i got last season and the season before. I'm going to go through and check/clean all my wiring connections and report back...
    Thanks again guys, this site and group of people is really a pleasure to be a part of!

I'm tracing the wiring and cleaning up all the connections and such, like i said earlier i thought it might be a fuel problem (for it not starting) i think i may have a blockage in the fuel tank, when i removed it from the bike (Full of course) i expected to drain it and put it aside while i continued with the wiring cleanup... BUT i can't get any fuel to come out of this tank, the main fuel line had a trickle of fuel in it, but almost immediately stopped... any ideas?

I ended up removing the fuel pump unit, i cleaned the filters as best i could, ran water through all the lines until they flowed well, dried everything thoroughly, put it all back together and it started like new. when i drained my tank there must have been about half a liter of water (i'm assuming condensation built up over the winter?...) anyhow, took it for about a 20 minute test ride, and towards the end it started to bog down maybe drop to 3 cylinders when i started from a stop. i'm going to bring it into Kahuna and have it tuned up, as well as the exup system checked out i cant seem to find thhat particular issue... also the low fuel light problem was solved, The sensor located in my tank had come loose from it's bracket and fallen to the bottom of the tank, hence never being low on fuel until the tank was completely empty...
    Last edited by YZF750; 03-19-2012 at 12:45 PM.