$350 Parking ticket... WHILE I'M IN THE CAR!! - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $350 Parking ticket... WHILE I'M IN THE CAR!!

Re: $350 Parking ticket... WHILE I'M IN THE CAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Give me a rear-wheel-drive car with a stick and enough hp and i could do it.

That story sucks tho.. i'd be pretty annoyed.
    As a point of physics, it isn't possible.

Getting charged for using a handicapped space for a 3 point turn is ridiculous though.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post

Getting charged for using a handicapped space for a 3 point turn is ridiculous though.
    And highly unbelievable IMO.

And I think it IS possible... think of this pathway.

Last edited by eastcoast_gsx; 03-17-2010 at 10:00 PM.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Banned

And highly unlikely given that the momentary stop to change gears and direction does not fit any definition of "parked" or "standing" that I'm aware of. It's already been said - something is missing from this particular story. I think someone may have tried to fabricate this "3 point turn" excuse as an unsuccessful hail mary play to get out of a handicap parking ticket.

I'm getting worried now. What if I use the handicap stall in the Men's room?
    Does the blue sticker go on my right cheek or my left?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    i call BS, not on the story itself, but on how there had to be parts missing.
    No, it's true, I walked through a handicapped spot once, stopped to tie my shoe, and get a ticket..... true story... No cop, and I mean even the BIGGEST prick of a cop is going to give you a ticket for backing into a handicapped spot to turn around to avoid some impassable congestion.....

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNLow View Post
    No cop, and I mean even the BIGGEST prick of a cop is going to give you a ticket for backing into a handicapped spot to turn around to avoid some impassable congestion.....
    The cop said:
    "When I first turned down this isle and seen you, you were stopped in the handicapped space and only proceeded to move out when you noticed me."
    Driver: "I backed into the spot to turn around because of the accident."
    Cop: "License and registration please."

That was the extent of the conversation as far as he told me. Nobody could exit the isle, I know that for a fact, so the 3 point turn excuse seems legit enuff.

Don't let me tell you about my friend that went to jail for assault with a weapon for throwing some ice cubes at a McDonalds employee that was hitting on his GF. I got transcripts for that, I was a witness

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 03-17-2010 at 10:42 PM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Don't let me tell you about my friend that went to jail for assault with a weapon for throwing some ice cubes at a McDonalds employee that was hitting on his GF. I got transcripts for that, I was a witness
    You need new friends it seems
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

The cop said:
    "When I first turned down this isle and seen you, you were stopped in the handicapped space and only proceeded to move out when you noticed me."
    Driver: "I backed into the spot to turn around because of the accident."
    Cop: "License and registration please."

That was the extent of the conversation as far as he told me. Nobody could exit the isle, I know that for a fact, so the 3 point turn excuse seems legit enuff.

-Jamie M.
    If cop was going to hit him with a parking ticket, why did he ask for his licence and registration? The ticket is issued against the vehicle although the service of the ticket can go to the vehicle or the operator but the operator does not have to be identified.

Also, yes, throwing ice at someone is assault, throwing ice at someone working at MacDonalds making minimum wage is past assault, it is just plain stupid, regardless.

Yea, you really have to find a new circle to hang out with.
    Last edited by gwelfmike; 03-18-2010 at 05:13 PM.
    " I don't want a pickle, I'd rather just ride on my motorcycle."

Banned

but that is at least reasonable. throwing stuff at someone is cowardly. go hit them at least.

Banned

Don't let me tell you about my friend that went to jail for assault with a weapon for throwing some ice cubes at a McDonalds employee that was hitting on his GF.
    Ice cubes can be deadly. Look what one did to the Titanic.

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

In the future, reverse into spots you're not supposed to be on. As soon as you see an enforcer coming, start your engine & gtfo. It isn't valid unless they touch your car . Even if they write it up, the ticket gets cancelled to save them having to go to court for that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gwelfmike View Post
    If cop was going to hit him with a parking ticket...
    I didn't even think cops could write parking tickets in parking lots until I heard this!! lol... dunno why he asked for everything, but the cop did check his insurance (dunno if by puter or call).

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    In the future, reverse into spots you're not supposed to be on. As soon as you see an enforcer coming, start your engine & gtfo. It isn't valid unless they touch your car . Even if they write it up, the ticket gets cancelled to save them having to go to court for that stuff.
    Wrong.

If they write a ticket and have your license plate number, you get the ticket via mail than.
    People drive off on them all the time, and they just put it in the mail.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

I can't find a video to demonstrate it, but it's possible with some rear wheel spin. Splitting hairs i guess, but you could pull into the spot front first and get the rear sliding with the hand brake, then power over in reverse so you can maintain some lateral movement even while your forward movement has stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    Wrong.

If they write a ticket and have your license plate number, you get the ticket via mail than.
    People drive off on them all the time, and they just put it in the mail.

Um, wrong, there is no mailing provisions in the Provincial Offences Act that allows a Part II ticket to be mailed. The only time the Provinical Offences Act allows a summons to be mailed is if you are a corporation and only under part III of the act.

If the officer had served to properly, either by placing the ticket in a conspicious spot or by serving it to the opeartor at the time of the infraction, if the ticket is ignored by the owner, he or she will get a notice of impending conviction in the mail.
    " I don't want a pickle, I'd rather just ride on my motorcycle."

Could Ken Block do it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8_UPW7Eg88

Quote Originally Posted by shanekingsley View Post
    Last ticket I got for parking in a fire lane was thrown out (like every single other case that session) because the enforcement officers didn't show up. Seriously, about 30 people in the room all got off our tickets and all we had to to do was show up and give our name to the prosecutor... Even my traffic tickets have been thrown out regularly because the officers seldom show up for minor violations. Your results in Bramladesh may vary.
    was that the ticket for parking on the fire lane in Markham? I think I remember you posting about that.