Scenic roads: 2-3 hrs from Markham?

Thread: Scenic roads: 2-3 hrs from Markham?

Scenic roads: 2-3 hrs from Markham?

Hey all,
    Anyone have suggestions on nice roads up to 3 hours from Markham? Doesn't need to be super twisty or anything. I want to be able to snap some nice pictures.

I haven't done many scenic rides - mostly commuting. I'm planning a few rides north for this summer, maybe hit up some fishing spots etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: I've already got Lake Rosseau in mind... anyone been there? nice?

Re: Scenic roads: 2-3 hrs from Markham?

Anywhere in Muskoka, Parry Sound, Haliburton, Algonquin, Prince Edward County, Peterborough, Caledon, Grey, Bruce
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

^^what he said.
    look in the big map and you'll find some great roads and it's easy to plan out what's close to the water and so forth...:http://shanekingsley.com/Two%20Wheel..._bikeroads.jpg

Personally I like the Kirkfield Locks near 12/48, the Trent Severn Waterway area near the top of Upper Big Chute Rd, some points along the #508 are beautiful, some sections along Bala #38, and I also like a lookout point off Ravenscliffe Rd heading south from the #518. Tha badlands near Terra Cotta are kinda neat but can be pretty crowded on nice days. Much of the area near Algonquin is great especially near Tory Hill(#121).

And yes, Lake Rosseau is very nice. There are many other lakes just as nice but less busy in the summer.
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

Quote Originally Posted by shanekingsley View Post
    ^^what he said.
    look in the big map and you'll find some great roads and it's easy to plan out what's close to the water and so forth...:http://shanekingsley.com/Two%20Wheel..._bikeroads.jpg

Personally I like the Kirkfield Locks near 12/48, the Trent Severn Waterway area near the top of Upper Big Chute Rd, some points along the #508 are beautiful, some sections along Bala #38, and I also like a lookout point off Ravenscliffe Rd heading south from the #518. Tha badlands near Terra Cotta are kinda neat but can be pretty crowded on nice days. Much of the area near Algonquin is great especially near Tory Hill(#121).

And yes, Lake Rosseau is very nice. There are many other lakes just as nice but less busy in the summer.
    Wow...thanks for the link!
    Looks like I got some nice roads to hit up. I'm going to try to start early this season, to make up for last season

IFXe sent me nice route, which I will probably do first. This season is looking good - lets hope the weather behaves.

Peterborough and the Kawartha Lakes are great, and I would guess about 3 hrs away, I live here so its a great place to ride we have it all "Right here, Right Now"........

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aloha View Post
    Peterborough and the Kawartha Lakes are great, and I would guess about 3 hrs away, I live here so its a great place to ride we have it all "Right here, Right Now"........
    Yup it is nice to be this close to this many nice roads.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

Quote Originally Posted by aloha View Post
    Not to hijack the original post, but I am moving to the Peterborough area this summer and would like to know more about some nice roads around there. (I am moving to Cavan, actually)

Any pointers? Thanks in advance!

Las

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

Yup we do best way is meet up and i will take you on a tour.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

Quote Originally Posted by lprising View Post
    Not to hijack the original post, but I am moving to the Peterborough area this summer and would like to know more about some nice roads around there. (I am moving to Cavan, actually)

Any pointers? Thanks in advance!

Las
    I am not too far from Cavan, can show you some great roads in the area.

Thumbs up Re: Scenic roads: 2-3 hrs from Markham?

Quote Originally Posted by lil red bird View Post
    Yup we do best way is meet up and i will take you on a tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaloo View Post
    I am not too far from Cavan, can show you some great roads in the area.
    OK guys, thank you in advance!

I will get in touch after I have moved (middle of June).

Las