Ghetto turbo F4i - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghetto turbo F4i

Re: Ghetto turbo F4i

Quote Originally Posted by milty View Post
    Check out a race RS125 tail section. Guy on tlzone did it to his tl and it looks just like your drawing.

This tail is haunting me, why did I look? Never liked the tail on my bike now I can't stop wanting to install one of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

mike, what are your thoughts on fitting the intercooler under the tank towards the front? it might make it a bit less complicated as far as i/c piping goes. i'm probably going to start the manifold later this week.

Mike , you have some mad skills my friend ! Can't wait to see the finished product ! Nice work ! Les

You bring a Ducati to life, all other bikes you just start......

current ride: 2005 DUCATI Monster S4R

for paint or plastic repair inquiries, email me direct: booth_1@sympatico.ca

If going air to air, you could use a Chevy Sprint Turbo (Pontiac Firefly Turbo) intercooler.
    What about a water to air intercooler, with a heat exchanger located under the tail? Put a couple fans on it.

Just throwingideas around.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

^^^ +1 on that idea. They're a tiny intercooler, but very effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNN View Post
    btw- bikes are dangerous, sell yours before you crash and burn to death.

Mike the Bike is looking good and very creative but is this your street bike or the track bike you move things around so much Ive lost track lol.

Im starting to come online here more often I even started my own intro thread
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=114087

I pick up my GSXR mid April when are you going to be ready for a cruise.

Aaron, I will be touching base with you this week. I've had a crazy busy time the last little while and this weekend is my daughters b-day party ect.. I want to get cracking on your car too.

Omnivore, right now I'm trying to go with an intercooler off of a Mazda but not sure yet if it'll work.

Dru, hey did you notice in the first picture of the gas tank what's hanging out in the background LOL, a mysterious Roush bumper LOL. This was to be my track bike but I'm not really interested in going that route anymore and it took a turn for the better (IMO). I do need to find a streetable frame or else I may combine my F4 and F4i to make one killer F series CBR, also debating on getting something brand new this year (if not next year it is).
    Table's they turn sometimes....Payback is a you know what)...

I have an intercooler lying around here from a 1990 VNT Turbo4 Dodge Daytona Shelby.
    I dunno what the exact core dimensions are, but I could see replacing your airbox with it, then welding an aloum box around it and pumping cool water thru the box.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

We want updates and pics!!!!!

well at least I do.

I'm going to check in with Aaron (Weirtech) this week as I have some work to get done for him aswell, I beleive from updates I've got from him and the timeline he discussed with me that the manifold should be done. I have to take the throttle bodies and tank to figure out the intercooler and some piping. I've also been busy painting some helmets and painting my F4 aswell, which I should have some pics of by the end of this week so far the upper, inner plastics and tank are almost finished up on that. Once I get the tail painted I'm going to finally drag it out of my basement to make room for the F4i when it comes back to me.

Great Project Mike! Been keeping an eye on it all along. I love low budget/backyard builds! Keep the pics., and updates coming! Let me know if you need help sourcing anything as well!

Cheesy!

I will let you know for sure. I'm still trying to decide what I want in the long run for a front end and swingarm. I don't want to go 929/954 for the front end since I've done that already on my F4 so I'm thinking maybe 1000RR with radial calipers. As for the rear I'm still trying to decide, I do have a 600RR swap with the swingarm, welded solid on the sides but that's something else that I've already done so it doesn't peak my interest. Something that has got my attention for this bike is a very mild stretch (couple of inches) with a widened stock wheel (in keeping with the ghetto rat look) to hold a 240 tire, if I go this way it won't be until this coming winter. I also know someone who managed to squeeze a 240 into a stock 1000RR swingarm so I may just take some measurments and if it'll work have no stretch and call it a day. AHH, all in due time.

well, i'm not done the manifold, but the hardest part (placing the turbo) is done. the rest from here is pretty easy to mock up.

Wow Aaron that is just sick, sorry I haven't been in touch for a long time. I've been kind of watching your Rex progress online though and haven't seen anything posted about the driveshaft tunnel yet. I figured wait for you to finish that up and the first time I come up I can cut the you know what for the floor while the engine bay is drying, kind of saves on time killing 2 birds with one stone kind of deal. Well I'll have to contact you after the weekend and make some time to get that stuff done, and also bring the tank to you and the throttle bodies I guess. Again it's looking superb man, more than I could of hoped for to be honest.

no worries mike. actually, i finished the driveshaft tunnel yesterday. i have a few small holes to patch in the floor, but nothing major. it is going to be more work cleaning the floor pan to get it ready for paint. i'm having second thoughts on the overlay. i love idea, but don't like the idea of ever having to do a floor repair or have to remove the overlay. we can talk about it when you come down.

i'm hoping to come in on monday, but haven't broken the news to the wife yet, so it may not fly.

here is today's progress:

Quote Originally Posted by weirtech View Post
    no worries mike. actually, i finished the driveshaft tunnel yesterday. i have a few small holes to patch in the floor, but nothing major. it is going to be more work cleaning the floor pan to get it ready for paint. i'm having second thoughts on the overlay. i love idea, but don't like the idea of ever having to do a floor repair or have to remove the overlay. we can talk about it when you come down.

i'm hoping to come in on monday, but haven't broken the news to the wife yet, so it may not fly.

here is today's progress:
    Beautiful welds.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post
    Beautiful welds.
    I agree, they look great.

I wish I could weld like that but if I would have continued with the stock manifold I would have ended up with a weak pill of bood poop.

Are you at home and workin away tomorrow? Gimme a shout, you have my number in pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNN View Post
    btw- bikes are dangerous, sell yours before you crash and burn to death.

Should be home all day, actually if you want to come by you could help me get evrything out from my basement. I was going to wait until the weekend but there is really nothing stopping me other than an extra hand. I'll give you a call a little later or catch you on MSN.