Ghetto turbo F4i

Thread: Ghetto turbo F4i

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ghetto turbo F4i (UPDATE)

So I have had this F4i hanging around for half a year or so to build myself a track bike and started building in that direction, well until I decided that, well that's a little ordinary for me. So take one F4i semi built track bike, some left over turbo stuff from an old project, some new parts from a good friend and some friends that can weld anything and youe get my new project Ghetto Turbo F4i! Pics to come shortly!!
    Last edited by cagedcbr; 03-19-2010 at 02:20 AM.
    Table's they turn sometimes....Payback is a you know what)...

Re: Ghetto turbo F4i

The bike in question after cleaning it up a bit when I had first got it, it had sat for some time in the back of a friends shop.

Cool. If a no lag turbo setup like VNT can be used, 150 hp 600's are possible!

Litrebike power, and 600 insurance rates!
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Let's start cutting

My first location for a more mad max / streetfighter / in yo face approach (didn't like it), Youe can also see the intercooler I'll using (after some cutting and welding).

New and final location, much better. Also started tacking the manifold together but I will still need to make a bracket to hold the weight of the turbo due to the thin wall manifold.

I was wrong above, the intercooler I'm using is the one that's sitting under the tank, both out of Mazda Millenias. Under the tank is not the position I'm going for I was just trying it out. The intercooler will mount behind the front fairing and be utilized as part of the front fairing mount.

Last pic, it's very dark ( you can hardly see)but the exhaust side of the turbo. I can come across and down into a mid pipe to a stock location slip-on or just dump it out the side ???

Almost forgot, old 600rr swingarm off of my F4. May use it on this project, if not maybe another VFR swap like my F4. I've also changed out the front end for the original off my F4 (the forks on the bike were garbage) but I'd like to go with something newer than the common 929/954 swap on this one maybe something with radial calipers.

Last edited by cagedcbr; 03-07-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Lag is OK with me, just means I gotta hit it harder. Also offers the bike the advantage of running in near stock trim down low. We'll get that all figured out when tuning time rolls around (should be fun LOL)

By the way this is all on a minimal budget, of course I have friends in great places for something like this but parts wise you could consider it junkyard/HMT set-up FTMFW!! I'll also be heading to metal supermarket tomorrow to pick up some material to start fabbing up my plenum.

Cheers.
    Last edited by cagedcbr; 03-08-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Cool project! What size turbo are you running? What are you going to use for fuel management?