Ghetto turbo F4i

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghetto turbo F4i

Ghetto turbo F4i (UPDATE)

So I have had this F4i hanging around for half a year or so to build myself a track bike and started building in that direction, well until I decided that, well that's a little ordinary for me. So take one F4i semi built track bike, some left over turbo stuff from an old project, some new parts from a good friend and some friends that can weld anything and youe get my new project Ghetto Turbo F4i! Pics to come shortly!!
    Last edited by cagedcbr; 03-19-2010 at 02:20 AM.
    Table's they turn sometimes....Payback is a you know what)...

Re: Ghetto turbo F4i

The bike in question after cleaning it up a bit when I had first got it, it had sat for some time in the back of a friends shop.

Cool. If a no lag turbo setup like VNT can be used, 150 hp 600's are possible!

Litrebike power, and 600 insurance rates!
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Let's start cutting

My first location for a more mad max / streetfighter / in yo face approach (didn't like it), Youe can also see the intercooler I'll using (after some cutting and welding).

New and final location, much better. Also started tacking the manifold together but I will still need to make a bracket to hold the weight of the turbo due to the thin wall manifold.

I was wrong above, the intercooler I'm using is the one that's sitting under the tank, both out of Mazda Millenias. Under the tank is not the position I'm going for I was just trying it out. The intercooler will mount behind the front fairing and be utilized as part of the front fairing mount.

Last pic, it's very dark ( you can hardly see)but the exhaust side of the turbo. I can come across and down into a mid pipe to a stock location slip-on or just dump it out the side ???

Almost forgot, old 600rr swingarm off of my F4. May use it on this project, if not maybe another VFR swap like my F4. I've also changed out the front end for the original off my F4 (the forks on the bike were garbage) but I'd like to go with something newer than the common 929/954 swap on this one maybe something with radial calipers.

Last edited by cagedcbr; 03-07-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Lag is OK with me, just means I gotta hit it harder. Also offers the bike the advantage of running in near stock trim down low. We'll get that all figured out when tuning time rolls around (should be fun LOL)

By the way this is all on a minimal budget, of course I have friends in great places for something like this but parts wise you could consider it junkyard/HMT set-up FTMFW!! I'll also be heading to metal supermarket tomorrow to pick up some material to start fabbing up my plenum.

Cheers.
    Last edited by cagedcbr; 03-08-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Cool project! What size turbo are you running? What are you going to use for fuel management?

^^what he said, what turbo are you using? looks like a small Garrett turbo? spec?

Garrett HAHAHA not yet, I said this was budget minded and I went with what I got RHB5 VJ11. I may switch to a TD04L but not 100% about that, for now itls IHI all the way. Fuel managment? I'm still unsure but I've seen pretty respectable numbers from using a PC3 but I'm thinking PCV so I can run their ad ons such as the wide band ect.. Or the cheap and much more difficult route would be making a chassis harness for the bike and running it on Megasquirt

Looking pimp... Keep the pics comin.

Sick project cant wait to see it done, my bike has a rearmount and is putting out around 200hp...going to get it dyno'd soon

Nice, got any pics. I was thinking about doing a remote mounted set-up after seeing a 636 with a decent looking set up on you tube. Not sure when I'll get new pics because the bike should be off soon enough to have a proper manifold made and to finish up my swingarm.

By the way I've decided the bike will be patina'd so to speak, basically it will look like it's been sitting in a field since the 50's. Along with some pinstriping, "Sinner" lettering on the tank and a Mexican blanket for a seat LOL. Very Rat Rod esk

I was re reading my post and it looks like patina'd is suppose to be painted LOL.

Rat rod looking would be pretty badass!

If the 636 you saw on youtube was blue thats my bike lol videos were by the previous owner.

*Pic removed*

I have a twobros exhaust I hacked up and will be putting on it because whats on it right now is hideous.
    Last edited by ChaserChris; 03-12-2010 at 01:05 AM.

Yup that's the one, only in the video all the piping was silver. Well when I'm done we'll have to go and shock some big bikes LOL. What are you using for fueling and igniton management? Powercommander? Shoot me a PM if you want to keep it lowkey.

By the wau was that bike built here or the US, were are you located?

You got a PM lol

An interesting build, keep us posted on your progress and the finished version should be sweet, when it all comes together.

Well I'm waiting until I get some time to get the bike over to have the manifold welded up and some other fabricating but in the mean time I decided to start my ratty paint job. Funny thing is it took almost as much time as a paint job that would be the total opposite LOL. I like the outcome so and I'm working on the front fender and tail tonight. My undertail will be airbrushed to look like I used a peice of plywood for it, I Love It.

The tank is about 50% done and like I said I'll be working on the fender and tail aswell. There will be more pinstriping on the tail and some old hot rod stickers here and there on the bodywork.

OK got a little further on the paint last night and today, Probably going to try and get the subframe painted tomorrow and start getting some wiring back onto the bike. I'll definatly be rocking the whitewalls though HELL YEAHHHHH. The upper and lower are ready for paint aswell but the intercooler will sit in behind the front fairing (and a hole needs to be cut for the turbo to poke out) so I'm waiting to get that fitted incase the upper requires anymore mods.

I'm going to be adding number plates on the tail and on the front of the bike aswell, not sure yet but most likely black with gold leaf numbers or metal flake goldish orange with black numbers just not sure which way I want to go.

niiice bike man, i remember seeing it 4 sale and i was going to grab it off you but i bought my dirt bike instead...glad i didnt because it looks like this project is going somewhere fun

Ok last couple of pictures for now, the bike will be off for the manifold fabbing now. Once I get it back I will finish painting the upper and lower fairings and then time to start looking for small stuff, oil lines, water line mods, chain and sprockets, and a few other parts. Hopefully I can get a PC3 or better before to long and get it tuned up before the weather is really nice. While the bike is gone I'm going to repaint the subframe black aswell and possibly finally finish up the details on my F4.