You doing any TMP track days this summer? POST here !! - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You doing any TMP track days this summer? POST here !!

Re: You doing any TMP track days this summer? POST here !!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    A married man such as yourself? Never!

But can I trade sammiches for riding instruction?

You may not want riding instructions from Donavon!

Quote Originally Posted by HBHarrison View Post
    You get me and my bike to the track, i will bake you a damn cake if ya want lol

Sammiches,, you got it!!! I wil even put it on a bun, instead of good old wonderbread lol
    Ill be at ur house on the 18th have the carrot cake ready!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    Ill be at ur house on the 18th have the carrot cake ready!!!
    What time?
    2007 R6
    Mods

MJSperformance header, BMC street filter, PCIII, Custom Dyno tuned map(108hp), GYTR slip on, 520 conversion (-1 +2 Vortex Sprockets, RK Gold Chain) Ohlins Steering Damper, Puig black racing screen, DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, frame sliders, Clear Stomp grip, GYTR seat cowl, gold Pazzo racing levers, gold bar ends, Yamaha Graves replica decal kit, Pivot FX license bracket, Fender eliminator, Integrated tail lights, Flush mounts, Silver mirror block off plates, Gold rim tape

7.30am, make sure the cake is there or i leave. with ur bike. and i want icing on the cake too, dont forget the icing.

Going to be riding my new to me 2003 sv1000s track bike for the first time belonging to former owner Cola Fiend2003 at TorontoMotorSport on April 25th and at the May21st intro to track school.

Going see how it goes and see if the bug sticks as i;ve been waiting all winter and can't wait to actually try a track day for the first time.
    Please be gentle with me I'm new

7.30am, make sure the cake is there or i leave. with ur bike. and i want icing on the cake too, dont forget the icing.
    Never made carrot cake before, let alone ANY cake lol but what icing goes on carrot cake? lol
    2007 R6
    Mods

MJSperformance header, BMC street filter, PCIII, Custom Dyno tuned map(108hp), GYTR slip on, 520 conversion (-1 +2 Vortex Sprockets, RK Gold Chain) Ohlins Steering Damper, Puig black racing screen, DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, frame sliders, Clear Stomp grip, GYTR seat cowl, gold Pazzo racing levers, gold bar ends, Yamaha Graves replica decal kit, Pivot FX license bracket, Fender eliminator, Integrated tail lights, Flush mounts, Silver mirror block off plates, Gold rim tape

Quote Originally Posted by Irocian View Post
    Going to be riding my new to me 2003 sv1000s track bike for the first time belonging to former owner Cola Fiend2003 at TorontoMotorSport on April 25th and at the May21st intro to track school.

Going see how it goes and see if the bug sticks as i;ve been waiting all winter and can't wait to actually try a track day for the first time.
    Please be gentle with me I'm new
    I have only done the track intro day as well. Never been to a FULL track day. I wanted to last year after the TMP intro, but the funds i didnt have stopped me. I cant wait either.
    2007 R6
    Mods

looks like we are all gonna be newbies there. Should get interesting

I like that tmp is relatively close and offers weekend trackdays, been there 4x. I have some giftcards for tmp so I'll be doing at least 3 trackdays and hope to do a couple of SOAR rounds later in the season. : ) see you all there.
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

looks like we are all gonna be newbies there. Should get interesting
    Youve never been either? lol Its fun as hell. What group are you signing up for? Beginners, Experienced, or Hot shots?

I will be signing up for the Middle class. Experienced i think its called. And depending on how that goes i might move up to hot shots
    2007 R6
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by HBHarrison View Post
    Youve never been either? lol Its fun as hell. What group are you signing up for? Beginners, Experienced, or Hot shots?

I will be signing up for the Middle class. Experienced i think its called. And depending on how that goes i might move up to hot shots
    That's pretty ambitious signing up for intermediate if you haven't done a full track day before.
    While I haven't seen you ride track, my advice would be to sign up for beginners and then move up to intermediate if you need to. What you'll find a lot of times is that in the intermediate class you have people that are not really experienced enough for that group and others that should be in the advanced or 'hot' group this results in clashes in lines and speeds and accidents.

There is no medal for being in a higher group at a track day. A track day is for learning the track, the bike and your skills not for racing.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post

There is no medal for being in a higher group at a track day.
    yes there is.

Its called Clavicle surgery!

No no, let him in intermediate...I would like to give out a good spanking
    *~Maggie~*

Atta girl.

Post pics please!

That's pretty ambitious signing up for intermediate if you haven't done a full track day before.
    While I haven't seen you ride track, my advice would be to sign up for beginners and then move up to intermediate if you need to. What you'll find a lot of times is that in the intermediate class you have people that are not really experienced enough for that group and others that should be in the advanced or 'hot' group this results in clashes in lines and speeds and accidents.

There is no medal for being in a higher group at a track day. A track day is for learning the track, the bike and your skills not for racing.
    hehe, definitely I would think you want to do beginners on the first day. Even if you have some skills, I still found it pretty fun to be passing faster bikes such as R6, CBR600RR, Ducati 748, Old junker R1, all on my first day. I am going to run beginner for the start of this year as well, and just get some instructors to follow after I get to know them a little better. I don't really want to be in intermediate until I know I am marginally faster than anybody who might be interested in T-Boning me with a ZX-12.

Keep in mind you have to memorize the track, which is going to take up a few sessions at least.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Let me start this post off by saying....Im not conceded or anything or think im great, or awesome. But when i did my TMP intro to track day, 2 instructors said to me ... " Why are you here? U don't need to be at this Intro school, you should already be doing track days on your own in the hot shots group" So, that's why i don't wanna be in the "BEGINNERS" group. But i also wont go straight to the Hot Shots group either. Im not there to win a medal, im there to have fun an drag some knees lol (hopefully that's all i will be dragging lol) I feel the intermediate group is a good fit for me at this time. Like others said, if its to slow, i will move up, ifs its to fast i will move down the next session.

When i was doing the intro school, the 2nd FREE lap we had on our own i was dragging my knees!! It was scary as hell lol It was the 4th last corner i believe. After that, i was dragging them in the 1st corner Dont know if thats anygood, but i loved it!!

1st time out this season, the first couple sessions im gonna take it slow and get used to the track itself again an work on getting used to the track marshals positions and pylon markers.
    2007 R6
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    No no, let him in intermediate...I would like to give out a good spanking
    You and a couple of others were at TMP the day of the first track intro, but left prior to us getting on the track i think.

Your spanking will be a good lesson for me. Hope to see you out there lol But watch out, Im a quick learner
    2007 R6
    Mods

I haven't dragged my knee in about 3 years.

you guys must be fast.

HB. Take Simon's advice. Sign up for beginners and you can bump up to Intermediate if things are going well.

You are definitely quick, but you also weren't passing people or dealing with slow traffic that day at the intro school. You will learn lots in beginner that can only serve to make you faster

Annu

Quote Originally Posted by adawar View Post
    HB. Take Simon's advice. Sign up for beginners and you can bump up to Intermediate if things are going well.

You are definitely quick, but you also weren't passing people or dealing with slow traffic that day at the intro school. You will learn lots in beginner that can only serve to make you faster

Annu
    You were with me in the fast group weren't you? But, ok. I will take your guys advice, i will sign up for the beginners sessions and go from there. So April 18th its on!!!!
    2007 R6
    Mods