Thread: 507

I'm up in Wilberforce saying hi to my mom. I took the bike up and rode 507.

It's in pretty decent shape with few frost heaves. For the most part the road is prety much clear of sand with the car track area being in great shape. The amount of sand seems to increase slightly near the top end but there is way less than you see on Southwood at its best. The part between the car tire tracks looks slightly sandy but not enough sand there to kick any up when riding over it. The odd patch with sand on it is easy to spot ahead of time and I didn't see any spots that are a hazard in curves. There are a few spots where the snow on the side is melting and running on the road but apart from one turn around where Haliburton starts there in no water on the turns.

If your skill level or bike limit you to perfect riding conditions you would probably want to stay home, but otherwise it is a nice ride today.

..Tom

Ps; ironically it was one of the few times I've seen an OPP on 407.
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

Re: 507

Thanks Tom.
    Given that you head by that way pretty frequently - at least moreso that some of us farther south - keep posting the updates...
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

Yup road condition was pretty good.
    My back tire did skip out on one turn going into a shaded area between 2 big rocks on either side. A patch of ice never got melted and it goes across the road.

Otherwise, definitely worth the trip and go at a decent pace.

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

I concur road is resonably clean of sand but i would wait and let a few rains falls wash off most of the salt.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.