Quiet Dual Sport Tires? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quiet Dual Sport Tires?

Re: Quiet Dual Sport Tires?

Quote Originally Posted by KLR-Andy View Post
    got about 8000 km on them and they should be good for another 5000 probably more.
    Now that IS impressive! What kind or riding do you do with them? Daily commute, offroad?

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

95% just driving around.
    Little dirt fun.
    2008 KLR650, blue 21 aka Thumper.
    2010 Can-Am RT aka Bomur.

Quote Originally Posted by KLR-Andy View Post
    95% just driving around.
    Little dirt fun.
    I really started taking it easy this past year as I'm tired of trying to live on insurance benefits, and I found that my tires are lasting longer as a result. I suppose that's a win win.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    I blew a REGULAR duty Kenda tube, not the Kenda Heavy Duty Tuff Tube that AVisciousCycle.ca lists. Sorry for the confusion.

I just found my rubber in my driveway today, and am waiting for my rim to ship from BC.

Whoot! I wish I had two bikes as well. My buddy mounts the K760 Trackmaster 2's on his bike and he's been killing me the last couple of years, but hates them on the street for noise and vibe.

If I run the Bethany it'll be on the K760 front and the K270 rear. Don't ride in front of me in the mud, I won't be able to stop. They'll be saying "Wow! He was really going until that tree jumped in front of him!"

------
    If you can beat the price go for it, but imho the K270's are your best all around tire for street, gravel and mud free dirt. They are low on noise and vibration and stick like glue unless you're an idiot like me and try to motard a reducing radius corner in November on cold tires.

If you buy them and hate them, I'd even offer to buy them off you at a substantial reduction of course.
    Yeah I assumed you meant a regular tube. I was just saying that all I see on the aviciouscycle.com sit is the tuff tubes now and not the mefo ones you reccomended. I was thinking maybe they stopped carrying the mefo ones for the tuff tubes. Ill call them and see whats up.

I think youll do alright with the K760 front and K270s rear. I went for a ride that got real hairy with that combination and the K270 did pretty good in the muck! There was a big deep mud puddle in front of a slimey hill that we had to get up to get out of the trail. The puddle wouldnt let you get much of a run at the hill wich was very slick but that K270 got me up!

I found a pic from that day lol

1990 Kawasaki Tengai with a 96 KLR heart transplant.