Fireball Performance Coatings - Awesome Job!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireball Performance Coatings - Awesome Job!!

Thumbs up Fireball Performance Coatings - Awesome Job!!

Hey guys,

I took a few things over to Mark at Fireball Coatings to further blackout my R1 Raven and they really did an awesome job!! I dropped off my stainless steel hindle cans, the aluminum mounting brackets and the rear sprocket.

All I can say is WOW!! my stuff came out better than I imagined and they literally look like they're brand new pieces from the factory. The cans were ceramic coated and the other stuff was powder coated a matte black.

For those of you who don't know Mark, he's a pretty cool guy and super easy to deal with. Btw, I dropped off this stuff on tuesday afternoon and it was done on friday afternoon. Mark's definately got my business...

Click on the link for additional pics - http://7073pdr.shutterfly.com/pictures

Here's my scorecard:

Price: A+
    End Product: A+
    Turn around time: A+
    Customer experience: A+
    Recommend to others: ABSOLUTLEY

Mark, Thanks for the great job!!
    Last edited by 7073; 04-20-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Updated link with pics

Re: Fireball Performance Coatings - Awesome Job!!

you powdercoated your sprocket?

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    you powdercoated your sprocket?
    Yes, I did...
    Last edited by 7073; 04-20-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Good for Mark. He's kinda been beat on lately and I am sure he is on his game. Cans and sprockets, etc....damn, you are the stealth meister.
    05' 600RR - SOLD
    07' 600RR - SOLD
    11' VEGAS Stage 2
    12' GT500 Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by NRAGED View Post
    Good for Mark. He's kinda been beat on lately and I am sure he is on his game. Cans and sprockets, etc....damn, you are the stealth meister.
    ^^ Agreed...

I'm going for that stealth look and IMHO, the stainless steel hindle cans were over powering the raven scheme, so this should flow nicely!!

Now that I've done the cans and really dig they way they turned out, I'm probably going to do the mid & y-pipe to complete the visual pieces of the exhaust.
    Last edited by 7073; 03-16-2010 at 10:17 AM.

They did my cans and y pipe last year. As said before, no complaints. I may even be taking them back to be redone as they're 'lightly scratched' from a moment I had last year.

Here they are just after going on.
    Last edited by Fiery254; 03-07-2010 at 08:58 AM.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    They did my cans and y pipe last year. As said before, no complaints. I may even be taking them back to be redone as they're 'lightly scratched' from a moment I had last year.

Here they are just after going on.
    That looks wild!!...and its exactly what I'm going for, so back I go with the y-pipe

Btw, beautiful bike...

Quote Originally Posted by 7073 View Post
    Yes, I did...

I deleted an unrelated attachment and shrunk this pic which effected the quality of it, but I can upload one more pic now.
    Interesting.

The reason i ask is that if they were to powdercoat the teeth that will change the shape of them so it might not mesh with the chain properly. Also the chain will wear off that powdercoat.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Interesting.

The reason i ask is that if they were to powdercoat the teeth that will change the shape of them so it might not mesh with the chain properly. Also the chain will wear off that powdercoat.
    The chain just wears off the powder coat at the teeth and then it's business as usual. People powdercoat sprockets all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NRAGED View Post
    You can thank all of us who got burned by him, guess his business dropped off so much he figured he better start doing a half decent job.

Glad to hear all of our bitching helped someone.
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 03-20-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: insult/accusation

Quote Originally Posted by 87m6chris View Post
    You can thank all of us who got burned by him, guess his business dropped off so much he figured he better start doing a half decent job.

All I can say is that Mark's done a few things for my sleds over the last 2 years and I never had an issue.

He's now got my mid & Y-pipe and I'm sure they'll come out just as good!
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 03-20-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: edited quote

LMAO. It's funny how this thread shows up after Fireball takes a beating from the other thread...

...could it be because they're a sponsor on this site?? It wouldn't look good to beat up on a sponsor now, would it... only POSITIVE reviews allowed
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 03-20-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: edited quote
    ~~Emilio~~

'98 Suzuki GSX-R750: Sold
    '02 Yamaha R1: Sold
    '06 Suzuki GSX-R1000 CUSTOM: Current
    '08 Suzuki GSX-R750: Current

Fireballs business hasn't dropped off at all. Almost EVERY customer we do work for is happy with their job when they get it. If someone isn't happy...I make sure I fix it...until they are. If that wasn't true....Fireball wouldn't be the largest ceramic coating company in Canada....we would be out of business.

If your not happy about a job we coated for you (assuming you were actually a real customer) ...then like a gentleman...come out from behind your keyboard.......and call me! I would gladly do my best to fix whatever wrong Fireball has apparently caused you? I would have offered you that when I did your job .....and I would still offer it today...even though you have slandered me on here....no problem.

Im not perfect.....I make mistakes....and I try to learn from my mistakes. I will do my best to make right....whatever was done wrong.

What about you?

Call me anytime.....519-833-2628.
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 03-20-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: edited accusations from quote and respose to them

Quote Originally Posted by MassNutrition View Post
    LMAO. It's funny how this thread shows up after Fireball takes a beating from the other thread...

...could it be because they're a sponsor on this site?? It wouldn't look good to beat up on a sponsor now, would it... only POSITIVE reviews allowed

Well actually.....I only started advertising on here last month. That other thread was the first NEGATIVE thread written on this site since Fireball was started in 2001. If you search Fireball Coatings on this site....you will see dozens of positive reveiws of our work ....that span over the past 9 years. So obviously that is a more accurate balanced veiwpoint.

Obviously it is OK to bash a sponsor on this site....as Fireball has been slandered by a few members on here....& I have been even called a "crook" by a member without any facts to substantiate it....and that seems to be fine with the moderators.

[Edit: "... and that seems to be fine with the moderators". Please provide evidence that this is indeed considered fine with the moderators. You were saying something about "unsubstantiated claims", heh? If you see something objectionable, please report it. --EZ]
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 03-20-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added note

I did this review on my own accord and it had nothing to do with Fireball being a site sponsor or the other thread. I was simply sharing my unbiased experience and the results of the quality work. Had it been done by another shop and the work came out this good, then I would've done the same review.
    Last edited by 7073; 03-11-2010 at 03:10 PM.

I have a little job for Fireball to do in the near future. I'm not going to hesitate about giving it to them.

You know that bit about "any publicity is good publicity" ... ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball Coatings View Post
    Well actually.....I only started advertising on here last month. .
    No... You've had a banner on here for many years. When I first joined the site in 2008 you'd had a banner on here. I emailed you Sept. 23/2008 because I saw your banner. Got a very polite response, though did not go with your company as the price per rim was the price I paid for both rims with another company in St. Catherines. So I'm not sure what you mean by only last month you started advertisting?
    Janice

Quote Originally Posted by 13lotusflowers View Post
    No... You've had a banner on here for many years. When I first joined the site in 2008 you'd had a banner on here. I emailed you Sept. 23/2008 because I saw your banner. Got a very polite response, though did not go with your company as the price per rim was the price I paid for both rims with another company in St. Catherines. So I'm not sure what you mean by only last month you started advertisting?

Yes.....Fireball was advertising on here between late 2007 to April 2009.....when we stopped the ad for a year. I decided to try it again and started advertising just last month.....right before the negative thread came out. Thats what I meant. Thanks. Mark.

I was going to use fireball after hearing all the good reviews but the price is driving me away. Although there are many good reviews about the quality and I'm sure the price reflects the quality of the job but I can't justify spending twice what another company with just as many good reviews is quoting me.
    ~Get busy living or get busy dying~

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

Quote Originally Posted by aircav View Post
    Gixxers tend to get grumpy and go on a work to rule program.
    Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    what if your a Blind dyslexic ?

and do they have braille in different languages, or is it universal ?

check out Afterburner coatings in Bradford, I know a few that have delt there with with good outcome.