performance undergarments for riding long distance, where to buy? - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: performance undergarments for riding long distance, where to buy?

Re: performance undergarments for riding long distance, where to buy?

i would like to try some other seats to see what they are like but it is hard to put miles on a seat without owning it. i have been on the valkyrie forums and there are a few different aftermarket seat choices but there is varying reports on them. difficult decision because of the cost!
    it's hard out here for a pimp
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

Talking Re: performance undergarments for riding long distance, where to buy?

Are you after comfort or style?
    If style then shut up and suffer.
    If comfort then TRY the beads.
    They will give you air flow to DRY out your sweaty butt and stop the monkey butt.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

having beads around my butt makes me uncomfortable lil red bird i am not as cosmopolitan as you. have you looked at the stock valkyrie interstate seat? it sure isnt stylish. i am looking for some solutions that dont include beads, sheepskin, or huge amounts of cash! i am sure out there is some very creative solutions to a problem that i am obviously not alone in suffering from.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

well if it's not just your butt sweating you can pick up some moisture wick shirts at a sports or running store. the nice thing about the bicycle shorts is the chamois padding also wicks moisture in addition to giving extra padding.
    x

Hmm well either one beads, or sheepskin can be invisible to anyone seeing you when you ride by...

And apart from spending a fortune on a custom seat, beads, sheepskin, purpose designed underwear or shorts, all do the job for around the same price.

08 MOTO GUZZI 1200 Sport
    07 SV1000ST 36,000kms **SOLD**

There are powders and cremes you can buy i think...

The by far cheapest, is go cowboy....

08 MOTO GUZZI 1200 Sport

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Lynn/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by roadhamr View Post
    having beads around my butt makes me uncomfortable lil red bird i am not as cosmopolitan as you.
    LOL you just gave me and idea that i will run with thanks
    Not these you silly wabbit http://www.triplexlive.com/analtoys-...dmuchmore.aspx
    These ones http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/3...%2F%3Fpage%3D2
    Last edited by lil red bird; 03-13-2010 at 07:13 PM.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

i didnt think it would take you long!
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Quote Originally Posted by Skurj View Post
    There are powders and cremes you can buy i think...

The by far cheapest, is go cowboy....
    i have never heard it referred to a cowboy.... i have heard of going commando. i have tried it and it was still no good.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

dirt i know you want to help but i cannot think of two uglier ways to fix the problem. a white helmet? how bout a gay pride sticker on my back! and a beaded seat cover that is why i polish and chromed up my bike so could add an awesome beaded seat cover!
    sorry for the sarcasm but both ideas dont appeal. i am sure there are answers out there that no one has to see or knwo about to deal with my issue.
    Hammerman you sound a little homophobic. if you're not 100% sure of your manhood and need to dress like a bad a** biker to mask it that's cool. Dress in black and sweat, just don't whine about the monkey butt or that the cager didn't see you.
    ride - if you want to

dude i dont dress like a bad *** biker i dress like me. i think white helmets and orange vests are for clowns. my comment is there is technology available to us that doesnt mean i have to ugly up my bike with a sheepskin or seat beads. i dont really want to buy yet another helmet, and it is not a big problem on my head it is my butt, dirt. i get monkey butt. i am looking for places to buy performance undergarments and creative solutions to the problem of monkey butt. i dont keep my bike clean and shiny and beautiful so i can ugly it up with sheepskin or beads. i am not trying to be offensive if you use that stuff and like it rock on! but i dont. not at all. thanks everyone for all of your help.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Well a sheepskin does not have to be big and ugly. It also does not need to be used much if you do long trips rarely. Mine is a pad that fits on top of the seat, its black, and if you were to see me ride by you wouldn't know there was one there unless I got off the seat. It is also very easily removed.
    Slap it on if you are going for a long haul, take it off for the rest of the time when just spinning around town. alaskaleather offers many different shapes and colours.

08 MOTO GUZZI 1200 Sport

dude i dont dress like a bad *** biker i dress like me. i think white helmets and orange vests are for clowns. my comment is there is technology available to us that doesnt mean i have to ugly up my bike with a sheepskin or seat beads. i dont really want to buy yet another helmet, and it is not a big problem on my head it is my butt, dirt. i get monkey butt. i am looking for places to buy performance undergarments and creative solutions to the problem of monkey butt. i dont keep my bike clean and shiny and beautiful so i can ugly it up with sheepskin or beads. i am not trying to be offensive if you use that stuff and like it rock on! but i dont. not at all. thanks everyone for all of your help.
    Got it! You're going for fashion over function. That's cool with me. To each his own.

Life would be pretty boring if we all looked and acted the same.
    ride - if you want to

it isnt fashion over function to say hey i have a beautiful bike and i dont want to junk it up with sheepskin or *** beads!
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

We've listed all the options that are available, and none of em are good enough or at least cheap enough...

So go find yer own...

08 MOTO GUZZI 1200 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Skurj View Post
    We've listed all the options that are available, and none of em are good enough or at least cheap enough...

So go find yer own...
    what!?
    are you 5?
    check out the title of the thread.
    hoping to find location where these performance undergarments are sold so i could see them and touch them and get a better understanding how they work. i can order anything i want over the interweb but i like to see what i am buying. i guess i am oldschool that way.
    the beads and sheepskin solution although functional i am sure, dont work for me. my bike my decision. i would have thought with all the claimed worldly motorcycle experience on this forum and current technologies a solution could be easily found. i still think the solution is out there and i am positive it isnt seat beads or a sheepskin for me.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Are you 4?

We gave you the locations you can buy them from.. and no there are no retailers in the GTA that carry ldcomfort.

of course you could contact the manufacturer and ask... likely be quicker..
    Last edited by Skurj; 03-18-2010 at 05:32 PM.

08 MOTO GUZZI 1200 Sport

i have. i was hoping that another better solution would appear. i cant find the walmart undergarments at the peterborough location or whitby location. i was also hoping there would be a motorcycle retailer besides bickle racing that would see the benefit of this kind of gear and have it in stock and perhaps have other interesting products for touring there as well. the pug system does not appeal to me really at all. the whole coverage thing sounds like i am going to sweat my butt off at every stop. doesnt seem the solution for me. so sorry skurj that i have my own ideas i know that seems to really bother you. i will make sure to let all of the other free thinkers know about your friendly fascism.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

i have. i was hoping that another better solution would appear. i cant find the walmart undergarments at the peterborough location or whitby location. i was also hoping there would be a motorcycle retailer besides bickle racing that would see the benefit of this kind of gear and have it in stock and perhaps have other interesting products for touring there as well. the pug system does not appeal to me really at all. the whole coverage thing sounds like i am going to sweat my butt off at every stop. doesnt seem the solution for me. so sorry skurj that i have my own ideas i know that seems to really bother you. i will make sure to let all of the other free thinkers know about your friendly fascism.
    Your sig should read "it's hard out here for a Hammerman".

I've read your posts and I'm not really sure why it is you draw such vast amounts of flack. Now more than ever I'm looking forward to that free Bud at Mosport. Or did you never use the word "free"??
    ride - if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    Your sig should read "it's hard out here for a Hammerman".

I've read your posts and I'm not really sure why it is you draw such vast amounts of flack. Now more than ever I'm looking forward to that free Bud at Mosport. Or did you never use the word "free"??
    brother i just wanaa ride my bike and not get hassled by the man!
    beer is always free for you dirtbag. never sweat that.
    hope i make it that long. all this hard talk has me in an emotional state!
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair