performance undergarments for riding long distance, where to buy? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: performance undergarments for riding long distance, where to buy?

Re: performance undergarments for riding long distance, where to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    Yep. Best $70 I spent. They do make your bum look lumpy though. Thankfully I don't care.
    Just tell people you've been working on your glutes.

what if you have a lumpy bum already? does it even it out?
    it's hard out here for a pimp
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

I bought PUG lastyear, with the silver nitrate treatment to help combat stank.

Then at xmas while shopping in walmart, I found silver nitrate infused undergarments in the men's socks and underwear section, for less than $20. I now have 2 sets of walmart stuff as well as my PUG brand name stuff....and my experience so far is that walmarts stuff is just as good for a fraction of the cost.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

I bought some walmart stuff, and found it painful for the long haul. The seams lead to chafing.
    I bought some long pants underwear from bass pro shops, paid too much, and they seem to work fine, but man do they stink..
    Best results I have had are the ldcomfort shorts, they aren't perfect due to the rather thick collars but I don't know what monkey butt is... heard it spoken of lots.. but I've never experienced it.

Granted before I found moisture wicking underwear the trick was go cowboy...

I'd like to try the knox stuff, but the shirts with gfx and what not concern me... no need for that and i worry for unneccessary seams, or plastic decals etc.

08 MOTO GUZZI 1200 Sport
    07 SV1000ST 36,000kms **SOLD**

monkey butt is like diaper rash all growed up! painful! i will definitely look at wally mart!
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Quote Originally Posted by Skurj View Post
    I bought some walmart stuff, and found it painful for the long haul. The seams lead to chafing.
    You can get stuff anywhere much cheaper then PUG but,, PUG is thicker,, the thickness is what wicks the mositure away so it can be evaporated which is how it cools you. So if it is thinner and cheaper,, it won't work as well. PUG has the inside brushed so it feels like cotton, so it doesn't chaff. THe PUG has the most Coolmax fiber you can put in it and silver filaments to reduce the growth of bacteria. PUG was designed for a much harsher environment,, then bikes,,trust me. It isn't cheap but I've been selling it for three years and it lasts much longer then anything. I'm just starting to get customers buying new stuff to replace the original. But the original is still fine in most cases.
    PUG is made in Canada as well!

made in canada? that is a big plus. i dotn remember now john do they have shorts? or is it just long johns?
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Quote Originally Posted by roadhamr View Post
    made in canada? that is a big plus. i dotn remember now john do they have shorts? or is it just long johns?
    Yes they do have shorts,,the long leg works better,, but does take a bit of getting use to,, . THe legging will pull more moisture away and inturn cool you better as with the long sleeve top.
    But ,agian,, it does take a while. Or if you were wearing shorts the short would obviously look better.
    I have some shorts in stock but can all ways get them.

i dont go riding with shorts on john. i hear you the undergarment works best when used to cover the entire skin area so as too wick moisture away from a larger surface area and cool a larger area. i never have any other problems except on my but where the pants are pressed against the skin and seat.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    I bought PUG lastyear, with the silver nitrate treatment to help combat stank.

Then at xmas while shopping in walmart, I found silver nitrate infused undergarments in the men's socks and underwear section, for less than $20. I now have 2 sets of walmart stuff as well as my PUG brand name stuff....and my experience so far is that walmarts stuff is just as good for a fraction of the cost.
    I think it's just silver filaments no? Silver nitrate has a nasty habit of dissolving in water and turning your skin black when exposed to light .

OK..on another note....I have some bamboo fibre underthings and they are naturally anti-bacterial and they are the most comfortable undies I own....now....if they made them for motorcycling and paid careful attention to seam placement etc, maybe added a chamois in the right place...and hey-presto big marketing advantage I would think.

i dont go riding with shorts on john. i hear you the undergarment works best when used to cover the entire skin area so as too wick moisture away from a larger surface area and cool a larger area. i never have any other problems except on my but where the pants are pressed against the skin and seat.
    By any chance is your bike seat made of vinyl and not leather? I have a suspicion that vinyl seats cause a lot of the issues; perhaps because they don't breathe or otehrwise allow any moisture to escape.

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

for sure it is leather. it is the stock honda seat. i have thought of having the seat redone in leather but i am wondering about the cost?
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

for sure it is leather. it is the stock honda seat. i have thought of having the seat redone in leather but i am wondering about the cost?
    Your post makes me wonder if you accidentally left out a word or two. Are stock seats leather? If it's leather why would you redo it?

..Tom
    Ride Ride Ride!

SMIDSY detailed report

Two points, one a little off topic .

A lot of the sweat issue might be relieved with a different helmet, specifically a plain white one. Plus a at a distance a plain white lid is more visible than a bright colored jacket.

The second being the wooden beaded cabbie seat cover. Thane Sileker has one on his ST and he's done 3 Ironbutts.

I'm seriously thinking about one. Should really sex up my FZ6.
    ride - if you want to

I use a sheepskin from alaskaleather this also helps, the bead seat makes me curious... but not curious enough..

08 MOTO GUZZI 1200 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by V-Tom View Post
    Your post makes me wonder if you accidentally left out a word or two. Are stock seats leather? If it's leather why would you redo it?

..Tom
    SORRY! you are right the post does not make sense. the seat is vinyl it is a stock honda seat. i have thought of redoing it and leather is an option i just dont know about cost.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    Two points, one a little off topic .

A lot of the sweat issue might be relieved with a different helmet, specifically a plain white one. Plus a at a distance a plain white lid is more visible than a bright colored jacket.

The second being the wooden beaded cabbie seat cover. Thane Sileker has one on his ST and he's done 3 Ironbutts.

I'm seriously thinking about one. Should really sex up my FZ6.
    dirt i know you want to help but i cannot think of two uglier ways to fix the problem. a white helmet? how bout a gay pride sticker on my back! and a beaded seat cover that is why i polish and chromed up my bike so could add an awesome beaded seat cover!
    sorry for the sarcasm but both ideas dont appeal. i am sure there are answers out there that no one has to see or knwo about to deal with my issue.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

SORRY! you are right the post does not make sense. the seat is vinyl it is a stock honda seat. i have thought of redoing it and leather is an option i just dont know about cost.
    Is it possible to pick up a Corbin or other aftermarket seat for your bike?
    They tend to be leather, at least where your butt goes.

My Corbin has leather under the butt and a bit of vinyl on other parts. That combined with moisture wicking underwear (in my case it was Tilley) means I've done rides of 8 days and 5500 km, some in the 90's F and no monkey butt. That included a couple of 1,000 km + days.

..Tom
    Ride Ride Ride!

SMIDSY detailed report

I never had a problem with my arse on a Corbin seat. Worth every dime that I paid for it.

I have a sargent seat not leather, but no more crushing the boys into the tank!

08 MOTO GUZZI 1200 Sport