Recomend me cruiser Tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recomend me cruiser Tires

Recomend me cruiser Tires

Well I have a GT650 and a DL650 so know nothing about cruiser tires. but Dad owns a Honda Magna VF750C, nice bike but its a cruiser. I know nothing about cruiser tires so can someone recommended me a good all around tire, that can handle a little cold (we ride clsoe to freezing) and a little rain.

O and if anyone wants specifics Front: 120/80-17, Rear: 150/80-15 But lookign for general cruiser tire, don't have to be specific for the bike
    Last edited by GT_Hawk; 03-02-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Re: Recomend me cruiser Tires

metzler make a line of tires that give good performance and good wear characteristics with a real focus on wet weather riding capability. most tires are good in the dry but the tire that functions well in the rain is the one to look at. especially with a cruiser. cruisers dont have the excellent braking and handling capabilities (not too mention the extra weight) as ss bikes so we have much smaller margins for error.
    it's hard out here for a pimp
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

I use Bridgestone battleax tires and find them fine,
    Cheers
    Aminal
    In the breeze

there are alot of good tires on the market. all priced differently and all having different properties. take a long hard look at your riding type and skill level and then speak to a parts professional. if you would like the name of a guy who has forgotten more about tires then most people will ever know then pm me and i will get you the name and number of a dealer who you can trust
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

+1 on the Metzlers.

Metzlers, which Metzlers is recomended lol

Avon makes the best tire for my bike, which is a V-Rod, but then again, I don't have many options in 18/240 rears.

Metzlers are good but soft and wear fast.

Dunlop is garbage.

Pirelli has the night dragons but I haven't heard anything about them.

Continental Conti Attack are amazing but again soft and wear fast.

This is all just surrounding 240's...
    Night Rod Special

I've heard nothing but good things about Metzler's but I have yet to own a set myself. My next set will be a pair of ME880's

On my last bike i had a set of Dunlop GT501's and loved them. Good traction in dry weather and outstanding traction wet. I put 9k on them and they still looked new when i sold it.

My current bike has Dunlop 404's on it and i have no complaints whatsoever.

I've had Bridgestones in the past and was not impressed by them. They were not bad tires per se, but just dident excel at anything.
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.

i am running me880's on my valkyrie interstate and i am not having any mileage issues. i put 9000kms on them last year and they look new still as well. wet weather traction is the big selling point.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Owned 4 sets of Metzelers. Wouldn't choose anything else. Smooth ride, long mileage, lots of sizes, great in cold/wet conditions A+++

Smile Re: Recomend me cruiser Tires

Quote Originally Posted by GT_Hawk View Post
    Well I have a GT650 and a DL650 so know nothing about cruiser tires. but Dad owns a Honda Magna VF750C, nice bike but its a cruiser. I know nothing about cruiser tires so can someone recommended me a good all around tire, that can handle a little cold (we ride clsoe to freezing) and a little rain.
    O and if anyone wants specifics Front: 120/80-17, Rear: 150/80-15 But lookign for general cruiser tire, don't have to be specific for the bike
    Hawk, what year is the Magna please?
    The Metzelers being recommended to you are called ME880.
    They are very well known and well regarded.
    Top quality; good choice.
    If you have a model year, we can give you a very specific recommendation.
    Regards
    Old Ninja, runs good.

My Venox/Magna takes the same size tires, 120/80 17 front, 150/80 15 Currently have 11k km on a set of Maxxis tires. They came stock. Could be better, could be much worse. I'm thinking about going for the Metzeler's next after seeing a set on my bike someone posted on advrider:

Here are the ME880s in the size you need:
    Image too big to post in thread so just click here!
    (zoom in for back tread)

Here's a side shot of the tread on the front:
    [IMG]Again, huge image and don't want to piss people off so just click here [/IMG]

And the obligatory "I decided to try them in the mud" pic:

Bridgestones on my Magna mean I can drag a knee and make sparks!

Donald