Aber light ticket !

Thread: Aber light ticket !

Aber light ticket !

Going to try this one myself , seeing that it's relatively minor ticket . Constructive advice or experience by others that have successfully fought this ticket is greatly appreciated .

The long and short of the story is as follows, 4am on a Friday night approached an intersection, the light was green, just before i got to the line it turned to amber, hooked a quick left, caught no red and kept going, to stop would have cause a skid ,a cop that i saw that was half a block behind me caught up and gave me a fail to stop ticket which to me makes no sense, because he would have to know where the front wheels were according to the line to know if it were safe to stop or not which is impossible from behind at night..

Re: Aber light ticket !

Search function is your best friend
    Read up this thread: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=107464

The options I see, EITHER:

1) Show that the cop couldn't see that you've already entered the intersection just as the amber light went on, or

2) Show that you couldn't stop safely because you were right at the intersection

Quote Originally Posted by Mistero2009 View Post
    Search function is your best friend
    Read up this thread: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=107464

The options I see, EITHER:

1) Show that the cop couldn't see that you've already entered the intersection just as the amber light went on, or

2) Show that you couldn't stop safely because you were right at the intersection

I'm well aware of the search feature thanks. done that and and have already read that thread, what im looking for is new and useful information if there is any to be had, i don't know jus throwing out there, somebody might know something i don"t..

As the laws regarding that issue haven't changed recently, there is no new and useful information to be had. You might want to check that intersection to make sure that it doesn't have a "red light camera" though.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

[QUOTE=Rob MacLennan;1178589]As the laws regarding that issue haven't changed recently, there is no new and useful information to be had. You might want to check that intersection to make sure that it doesn't have a "red light camera" though.[/QUO

I thought as much Rob, but said it couldn't hurt to try, you never know..

Those dam amber lamps

Want some M&M's

Quote Originally Posted by DrSavant View Post
    This is going to make into someone's signature

FWIW I was talking to a LEO and he said one of the things he used for evidence was the sound of the vehicle. Did you accelerate to get through? That point could be made.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    FWIW I was talking to a LEO and he said one of the things he used for evidence was the sound of the vehicle. Did you accelerate to get through? That point could be made.

unless he has a rice box with a 20 inch exhaust i don't think the cop can hear the car from that distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlin View Post
    unless he has a rice box with a 20 inch exhaust i don't think the cop can hear the car from that distance.

Didn't matter anyway i lost the case, because i built a defence based on what actually happened that night, but got broadsided with a air tight statement of lies with every possible angle for a defence covered..Jus had to laugh as i was reminded why i hate cops with a passion.

I feel for you buddy.. Once I saw the way the trial was going in my case, I ended up making sure to take up as much time as possible (over an hour).. At least some other people will get off on 11b due to my efforts.. I hope you did the same
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    I feel for you buddy.. Once I saw the way the trial was going in my case, I ended up making sure to take up as much time as possible (over an hour).. At least some other people will get off on 11b due to my efforts.. I hope you did the same
    Well that would be a good thing if it works out that way for some other chap ..as for i, had no desire to spend anymore time with these people in my sight than necessary.

Trust me, I wasn't having a picnic with the JP allowing the cop to contradict himself all over the place without allowing me to present my strongest evidence in addition to misinterpreting the very section I was charged with, but I figured that if I'm already getting screwed by the system, I might as well screw them back any way I could. Once I realized the way the trial was gonna go, I started asking lots of questions, being relatively slow and even going through the motions of a voir dire even though I didn't offer any testimony useful to the prosecution.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Trust me, I wasn't having a picnic with the JP allowing the cop to contradict himself all over the place without allowing me to present my strongest evidence in addition to misinterpreting the very section I was charged with, but I figured that if I'm already getting screwed by the system, I might as well screw them back any way I could. Once I realized the way the trial was gonna go, I started asking lots of questions, being relatively slow and even going through the motions of a voir dire even though I didn't offer any testimony useful to the prosecution.

The old time wasting technique ..I know it well, use to use at work to prolong meetings that were running close to quiting time...lol ,don't blame ya . But in serious i get now, it's next to impossible to defend yourself in court and expect a positive outcome, "no matter how good your case is", will jus have to fork out the cash from now on, and hope for the best.