08 Harley Dyna Exhaust; No clue where to start!

Thread: 08 Harley Dyna Exhaust; No clue where to start!

08 Harley Dyna Exhaust; No clue where to start!

Hello everyone!
    I am an owner of a k6 600, and my father is the owner of the mentioned 08 dyna. It is my father's birthday this march, and I am pleading to anyone for recommendations on cruiser shops with good deals on exhausts. Sadly, I am a SS rider and my knowledge of motorcycles and parts end there.

I did go to numerous Harley stores, but the "Screaming Eagle" exhausts are pricing well over the thousands. I "hope" to spend roughly 500-600$

Thank you kindly for your help everyone!

Re: 08 Harley Dyna Exhaust; No clue where to start!

Try American Harley just across the border .You will save a couple of hundred buck .They treat Canadians right at that shop.

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy **** ....what a ride!'

Keep in mind you'll need to reprogram the ECU/get some sort of fuel management system for an aftermarket exhaust, or his bike will run really rich, will overheat on longer rides, and will get poorer mileage...or you can just buy him the pipes and let him deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by joelsephstalin View Post
    Keep in mind you'll need to reprogram the ECU/get some sort of fuel management system for an aftermarket exhaust, or his bike will run really rich, will overheat on longer rides, and will get poorer mileage...or you can just buy him the pipes and let him deal with it

Partially true .Some pipes are bolt on items .They have the same back pressure as stock .You have to check the specs of the pipes to see .Most Harleys from factory run lean .

Another shop comes to mind is Dynatunes in Burlington .Another good Harley shop .

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy **** ....what a ride!'

Thank you guys. I will most likely just purchase the pipes and let him deal with the rest. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by micco View Post
    Thank you guys. I will most likely just purchase the pipes and let him deal with the rest. lol.

Do your research .Loud pipes do not save lives .

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Give Chuck at Kreater Customs a call (www.kreater.com)

They're custom work isn't cheap, but they get very good pricing on HD parts and accessories (both HD branded and aftermarket). Some of the parts they were able to get me in the past were cheaper than ordering from the US (which is difficult to do). They will also be able to make some recommendations if you don't want to do a ton of research.

Tell him that Mike with the VRod sent you ... He'll treat you right.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbmgd View Post
    Do your research .Loud pipes do not save lives .
    Sure they do.

I have done some research on the exhausts, and I do understand that there may be a need to adjust the fuel/air ratio. But I intend to only purchase the pipes for the old man. He may deal with the rest as he sees fit. I am confident in my father's knowledge of cruisers. I do believe he aided in the process of finding a tuner of a dynojet module on an uncles fxl. My intention is to make this exhaust purchase a surprise; therefore, the extent of knowledge in the matter does not have to extend further then the pipes itself.

Thank you once again everyone, I will check all your recommendations.