Just bought the bike, please help me out in buying gears!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought the bike, please help me out in buying gears!

Just bought the bike, please help me out in buying gears!

Hi everyone, I just bought a used 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 and I'm looking at motorcycle gears, where are the best motorcycle stores near York region to buy leather jackets and helmets?

I am going for a carbon fiber helmet and with some basic research on google I found three brands, HJC/Akuma/Vemar sell carbon fiber helmets but their price range varies. Basically I want a safe helmet that looks good and must be made with carbon fiber cuz I want that look

As for jackets, I've looked at a white leather jacket by ICON and it looks very nice but I appreciate any suggestions.

Please provide me with store names to check out and websites (preferably stores that sell the helmets I mentioned), I've been using www.newenough.com only, thanks so much and safe riding to you all!

Re: Just bought the bike, please help me out in buying gears!

Cycle world on sheperd ave east has some gear and I think i saw some carbon fibre helments from Shoei, check out Arai also , I was told those are the best brands to buy for quality .

I recommend dropping into GP Bikes in Ajax. Great people, great prices. It's my bike shop of choice.

All great stores mentioned. Try baysideperformance.ca
    'Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly'

if you're looking in york region, try suzuki of newmarket by Davis and 404.
    their accessory shop has a modest size of inventory.
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Good luck with your search , remember the Bike show is coming soon, I bet there will be some good discounts at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrrix View Post
    ... the Bike show is coming soon, I bet there will be some good discounts at the show.
    Check out the local stores and ask around that kinda show promos they usually run at the show, maybe they will offer it to you now?

Although the bike show may have more selection of helmets that you may not find locally. If you can, wait for the show. It wouldnt hurt to check out the selection there.
    '01 SV650s
    '04 GS500
    '03 SV650s
    '07 GSX-R 600

check out royal distributing, they have a lot of stuff, they are in Guelph area, but its worth the drive. I bought my ICON jacket and shoei helmet there, great deals!
    David L.
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848
    1995 Honda CBR900RR (SOLD)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 (SOLD)
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R (SOLD)

Hello and welcome!
    Wow; not a used 2008 but a used 2009 already. Good for you.
    Guys, don't forget Cycle World closed up after ~45 years of selling bikes plus accessories etc.
    The 'new' shop at Sheppard & McGowan is not even a Canadian motorcycle distributor (they sell only used bikes) and should not be able to use the Cycle World name!
    Oh well, not my call...
    But shocking, with all the full-line dealers around, and this guy in York Region, to tell him 'go to Cycle World'...
    City of Vaughan is in York Region.
    Kahuna Powersports is in City of Vaughan.
    They are Canada's largest Kawasaki dealer, selling hundreds and hundreds of Ninja250s every year.
    Crayonshinchan, at some point you should probably go by and meet Scotty at Kahuna Accessories - a nicer fellow you won't ever meet!
    Sure he's a friend of mine, but he's also the best around, and they are piled up to the ceiling with amazing new stuff.
    HJC's FS-15 helmets are available in Carbon Fibre (natural, and now blue, red and a coppery-coloured CF too) but they cost ~$500 bucks. Of course, your head is worth it.
    FS-15 is really nice helmet anyway, even non-CF model; it's top of the line.
    (You see mostly inexpensive HJC lids, but they do make top-quality ones too :^)
    http://www.partscanada.com/app/webro.../2009/mcv1/en/
    If you need a 'package' of equipment, Scotty will become very aggressive with his pricing,
    Regards
    Old Ninja, runs good.

Good Post Gryphon... couldn't said it better myself..

Snow City on Kennedy also has a good selection of gear. Bottom line is buy the best gear you can afford and make sure it fits well and is comfortable. Get someone to help you (either one of the staff or a knowledgable friend) when buying a helmet to make sure it fits properly. The staff at GP Bikes is excellent.

i already bought the bike kawasaki ninja 500cc! i am just wondering is the motorcycle course hard? and if it is worth taking it? thanx guys!

Smile Re: Just bought the bike, please help me out in buying gears!

YES ...PLEASE take a course.....any course...knowledge is good
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

Quote Originally Posted by L~Tonik View Post
    i already bought the bike kawasaki ninja 500cc! i am just wondering is the motorcycle course hard? and if it is worth taking it? thanx guys!
    The course will help you learn the fundamentals of bike control, especially the slow speed stuff. Plus you get to do your M1-exit at the end.

Course is recommended. But if you've got riding experience under your belt, then maybe not.

Theres another thread that talks all about hte difficulty of the course:
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=107220
    '01 SV650s
    '04 GS500
    '03 SV650s
    '07 GSX-R 600

Thanks for all the help guys, I will go check out some of these stores once I get a chance!

The HJC FS-15 is a nice helmet but for $500 in store I think it's much better to buy it online on newenough.com (~$250), the only disadvantage though is I can't try out the helmet before buying it. But either way I've decided on the carbon fiber helmet I want, it's the Vemar Eclipse Carbon Fiber Helmet. Some websites sell it for $430 USD, down from $750 (if any stores sell it I'll love to go try it myself before buying it )

As for the jacket, I'm looking at an ICON Accelerant jacket, again if any of you have seen it in stores please indiciate which one because that'll help me out a lot!

Thanks once again!

GP Bikes in Ajax, www.gpbikes.com. Great store and great service. I purchased my new bike and gear last year........

hey i have a leather icon accelerant jacket. it fits awesome u can feel the protection putting it on. also i have a fs15 helmet.

I picked mine up on ebay for 275 canadian shipped to my door. but you can probably get a better deal right now. use the make an offer tool in ebay. it is ur friend. they are buy it nows for 230 plus shipping. which is better than spending over 600 at royal in guelph.

Also check out jackets. royal had a shift jacket for 275. ebay had one shipped for under 150. everything brand new obviously.

Enjoy.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/HJC-FS-15-FS15-Ca...item19b43b5091

Quote Originally Posted by crayonshinchan View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys, I will go check out some of these stores once I get a chance!

The HJC FS-15 is a nice helmet but for $500 in store I think it's much better to buy it online on newenough.com (~$250), the only disadvantage though is I can't try out the helmet before buying it. But either way I've decided on the carbon fiber helmet I want, it's the Vemar Eclipse Carbon Fiber Helmet. Some websites sell it for $430 USD, down from $750 (if any stores sell it I'll love to go try it myself before buying it )

As for the jacket, I'm looking at an ICON Accelerant jacket, again if any of you have seen it in stores please indiciate which one because that'll help me out a lot!

Thanks once again!
    dude, you *should* be trying a helmet on before buying it. A lot of the reason you *should* buy the helmet you buy is because of th fit.
    Take a deep breath, find a good one that *fits.*
    Just my advice, thought I'd throw it out there, can't hurt me, but might help you..
    *gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by L~Tonik View Post
    I thought the course was great, I highly recommend it, I recommend it sober too.
    *gasp*

i would recommend not buying a helmet if you haven't tried it on. If you've found a deal online, at least find a store locally that sells that model and go there to try it on and make sure it fits properly.

I also recommend GP Bikes in Ajax.

Ebay also has some amazing deals.