Unauthorized parking on boulevard - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unauthorized parking on boulevard

Re: If THEY don't know what you did ...

I read it the way Rob does.

Which is that its illegal to park on the boulevard hanging over the sidewalk or road. or to part on private property hanging over the sidewalk or road.

mainly because I don't see the point of the 2nd comma otherwise.

my very basic point is this

In statutory interpretation, you assume that all words are there for a reason.

If the intent was to ban parking on boulevards entirely, it should imply say..

"(7) on any portion of a boulevard."

If the intent was as Gatekeeper indicated. the section should end there; or it could say

"(7) on any portion of a boulevard; (a) or on public or private property, and projects over a curb into the traveled portion of the highway;"

Either construction results in the interpretation that Gatekeeper envisions, but if that was the case.. I can't seem to find a place for these words

"in such a manner that the vehicle is partly on a boulevard"

If these words are NOT further qualified by the following "and projects over a curb into the traveled portion of the highway;"

Then I can't help but think the words are useless, and drafted by some ****** articling student who got all Cs in law school.
    Last edited by OpenGambit; 03-02-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by GateKeeper View Post
    read it and understand it as you wish

to the OP, the ticket will stick, I hope not, but it more than likely will, best case scenario, they might reduce the fine, but cancel they will not.

good luck

maybe you can show a precedent for your interpretation, otherwise I see no need to defer to it.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    maybe you can show a precedent for your interpretation, otherwise I see no need to defer to it.
    He already did defer, after verifying.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    He already did defer, after verifying.
    As per Rob, OG, he deferred in post #36 in this thread.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    As per Rob, OG, he deferred in post #36 in this thread.

IC. didn't read the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smutty View Post
    That portion of the driveway, below the sidewalk, is the boulevard. When I went to contest my first ticket I was told by the courts that you cannot use that portion for parking.
    I asked a ticket fairy this question literally a few days ago. 5 of them were there, and they all told me that you can park on the boulevard after the sidewalk..BUT they will ticket you if someone complains. They ONLY ticket those on complaint