Unauthorized parking on boulevard

Thread: Unauthorized parking on boulevard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I got a ticket for "Unauthorized parking on boulevard". I was parked to the left of the gate, behind the police van, past the sidewalk. http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UT...,244.5,,0,8.06 From my understanding that is the boulevard.

The ticket has code 337. Is that municipal code? I cant find code 337 anywhere. Does this infraction exist anywhere?

I was reading the municipal code and the closest code that would match my situation is (915-2). It seems that it is prohibited to park on municipal or private property without permission. So I guess that parking is prohibited where there are no signs giving permission. Since where I parked there were no signs I guess I am guilty. Some one please clear this up because I would love to find out can actually park there, but I doubt it

Re: Unauthorized parking on boulevard

Do you see a code 26 anywhere on the ticket?

Unfortunately navigating the Toronto Municipal Code is a painful process, made even worse by amalgamation. Code 337 could be from the old Toronto code or it could be 337-####, where #### is the year that the code was brought into force.

I was also thinking 915.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

It just says:

did commit the parking infraction of (Code No. 337)

If it is the old TO code, will the ticket get cancelled or is is still valid?

It'll still be valid but if you're planning to fight it, it wouldn't hurt to ask what the section that you've been charged under says.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Who do I ask what is says?

If you're fighting it, then you would ask for the information either at first attendance, or when you request your disclosure.

... or you could call 311.