Unauthorized parking on boulevard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unauthorized parking on boulevard

I got a ticket for "Unauthorized parking on boulevard". I was parked to the left of the gate, behind the police van, past the sidewalk. http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UT...,244.5,,0,8.06 From my understanding that is the boulevard.

The ticket has code 337. Is that municipal code? I cant find code 337 anywhere. Does this infraction exist anywhere?

I was reading the municipal code and the closest code that would match my situation is (915-2). It seems that it is prohibited to park on municipal or private property without permission. So I guess that parking is prohibited where there are no signs giving permission. Since where I parked there were no signs I guess I am guilty. Some one please clear this up because I would love to find out can actually park there, but I doubt it

Re: Unauthorized parking on boulevard

Do you see a code 26 anywhere on the ticket?

Unfortunately navigating the Toronto Municipal Code is a painful process, made even worse by amalgamation. Code 337 could be from the old Toronto code or it could be 337-####, where #### is the year that the code was brought into force.

I was also thinking 915.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

It just says:

did commit the parking infraction of (Code No. 337)

If it is the old TO code, will the ticket get cancelled or is is still valid?

It'll still be valid but if you're planning to fight it, it wouldn't hurt to ask what the section that you've been charged under says.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Who do I ask what is says?

If you're fighting it, then you would ask for the information either at first attendance, or when you request your disclosure.

... or you could call 311.

If THEY don't know what you did ...

I was charged with violating a law so obscure that nobody in City Hall could tell me what it said. I defended the ticket and asked what I was charged with, so the bailiff looked and looked for the law. He couldn't find it, so the magistrate said that he didn't know what I did, so the case was dismissed.

He barely stopped short of saying " ... AND DON'T DO IT AGAIN!"

SOoooo I suggest you fight it, and I hope you are just as fortunate as I was.
    "Stay at least one standard deviation away from everybody else."

Re: If THEY don't know what you did ...

Toronto is short on cash these days expect more obscure tickets. Most people can't afford to take the time off work since they have barred night court and they know that and hope you just pay.

So I received a similar ticket

"DID COMMIT THE PARKING INFRACTION OF : PARK ON BOULEVARD" - BYLaW 93-93 SECTION 42(7)

Its a narrow drive way, and we have 2 cars, the only way we can fit both cars is, if we park 1 car on the street or boulevard and 1 in the drive way.

When I park on the street, I get a ticket - so I park on the boulevard now - no issues for the last month. However I got this ticket.

Now, I dont mind parking for a parking pass to park on the street - but Brampton does not issue any parking passes.

Any long term solutions - parking tickets boil my blood.

Were you blocking the sidewalk, by any chance? Do you have a portion of driveway, between the sidewalk and street? It would be legal for you to park ACROSS the bottom of your driveway, in the direction of traffic travel, as long as you don't block the sidewalk.

I used to have to park on the street in Mississauga back in the day. 4 out of 5 nights there were no tickets, but once in a while I'd come out in the morning to one. I started parking on the boulevard and didn't get a ticket for a number of months. Then they would come daily so I resorted to parking 3 blocks away where they allowed 15 hour parking. Sucked in the winter, but never got another ticket. Even when I was there longer than 15 hours.

Worst part, now I'm in an apartment building. Parked in visitors to bring up my new bbq, unpacked and built it, used it and went to bed. Forgot to move the car. Got a $45 ticket. LOL oops!

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    So I received a similar ticket

"DID COMMIT THE PARKING INFRACTION OF : PARK ON BOULEVARD" - BYLaW 93-93 SECTION 42(7)

Its a narrow drive way, and we have 2 cars, the only way we can fit both cars is, if we park 1 car on the street or boulevard and 1 in the drive way.

When I park on the street, I get a ticket - so I park on the boulevard now - no issues for the last month. However I got this ticket.

Now, I dont mind parking for a parking pass to park on the street - but Brampton does not issue any parking passes.

Any long term solutions - parking tickets boil my blood.

Pffff
    Try getting a Unauthorized parking on boulevard Ticket Placed on Your Bike While parked on YOUR Driveway on YOUR Property
    8Am Caribana weekend While sitting on your Front Porch getting ready to go for a Ride watching the parking Authority walk up YOUR driveway and place the ticket.

Then after calling Foul being told "fight it in Court"

Yeah
    Parking people are A Holes

Haven't received another ticket since my day in Court
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

That portion of the driveway, below the sidewalk, is the boulevard. When I went to contest my first ticket I was told by the courts that you cannot use that portion for parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Were you blocking the sidewalk, by any chance? Do you have a portion of driveway, between the sidewalk and street? It would be legal for you to park ACROSS the bottom of your driveway, in the direction of traffic travel, as long as you don't block the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Smutty View Post
    That portion of the driveway, below the sidewalk, is the boulevard. When I went to contest my first ticket I was told by the courts that you cannot use that portion for parking.
    Do you have access to a ticket, that stated the bylaw number? I had always been told that it was fine as long as the car was on the driveway, not the grass, and didn't block the sidewalk. I have also parked many times at a friend's house in Brampton, where Bylaw Enforcement is very active at ticketing vehicles that are even an inch into the sidewalk, and have never received a ticket while parked in the area that I described if I wasn't overhanging the sidewalk.

No, this is going back to like 2003 or so. I thought that that part of the driveway would be ok, but I did receive multiple tickets parking there.

Do you have access to a ticket, that stated the bylaw number? I had always been told that it was fine as long as the car was on the driveway, not the grass, and didn't block the sidewalk. I have also parked many times at a friend's house in Brampton, where Bylaw Enforcement is very active at ticketing vehicles that are even an inch into the sidewalk, and have never received a ticket while parked in the area that I described if I wasn't overhanging the sidewalk.

Well I wasnt overhanging the sidewalk, but my rear tire does sit right on the curb. I have a copy of my ticket if...did you want me to post it?

This is also on a NO_EXIT Street...

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    Well I wasnt overhanging the sidewalk, but my rear tire does sit right on the curb. I have a copy of my ticket if...did you want me to post it?
    Just the offence number should be fine, if it's legible. I want to look up the bylaw, itself. If there's no offence number, and the offence itself can't be found on the books, one would have to wonder what you were actually charged with. It's always best to be as informed as possible, before trying to fight something. If there's no offence, then you could also freely park in that area.

If your rear tire sits on the curb then your car's rear sticks out into the street, which is a problem.

There is no boulevard parking in Mississauga or Brampton, unless there are signs posted on the street that it is allowed. The boulevard is the portion between the sidewalk and the roadway, and no matter how your parked there, it's an infraction of the City's By-Law.

Parking on City boulevards, whether paved or grass, is not permitted. This includes the paved portion between the sidewalk and the street
    Parking tickets are usually based on complaints by residents, if your in an area where your neighbors don't care on how people park, you won't get tickets, but it just takes one person (and they even need to live there) to make a complaint, the ticketing starts, since now there is a complaint and the officers are duty bound to enforce the complaint.

I know Mississauga has a no parking By-Law effective during the winter

There is a seasonal no parking restriction on City streets from November 1st - March 31st between the hours of 2am - 6am. Posted extended hour parking areas such as 15 hour parking is exempt and a maximum of three hour parking is allowed at all other times unless otherwise posted. This is set out on signs posted at all entrances to the City
    and if you need to know any other parking by-laws, have a look here, for Mississauga

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/res...ingregulations

Brampton is even stricter on overnight parking

In addition to responding to requests from the public, Enforcement Officers enforce the City’s parking by-law which, amongst other things, stipulates that a vehicle may NOT be parked on the street:
    a. between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.; and

b. for more than three (3) hours at a time
    unless Consideration is given by the City to violate these offences. Parking by-law signs (see example below) are posted on every roadway entering the City of Brampton. These bylaws are City-wide, unless posted otherwise, and identify the City of Brampton parking rules.
    and all their other rules and such are here

http://brampton.ca/en/residents/Park...forcement.aspx

and thier parking by-laws

http://brampton.ca/en/City-Hall/Byla...ic_9393TXT.pdf

Cheers
    Last edited by GateKeeper; 03-02-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    1983 Suzuki GS750E - Rebuild Project

Just the offence number should be fine, if it's legible. I want to look up the bylaw, itself. If there's no offence number, and the offence itself can't be found on the books, one would have to wonder what you were actually charged with. It's always best to be as informed as possible, before trying to fight something. If there's no offence, then you could also freely park in that area.

If your rear tire sits on the curb then your car's rear sticks out into the street, which is a problem.
    here it is...