Unauthorized parking on boulevard

Thread: Unauthorized parking on boulevard

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If THEY don't know what you did ...

I read it the way Rob does.

Which is that its illegal to park on the boulevard hanging over the sidewalk or road. or to part on private property hanging over the sidewalk or road.

mainly because I don't see the point of the 2nd comma otherwise.

my very basic point is this

In statutory interpretation, you assume that all words are there for a reason.

If the intent was to ban parking on boulevards entirely, it should imply say..

"(7) on any portion of a boulevard."

If the intent was as Gatekeeper indicated. the section should end there; or it could say

"(7) on any portion of a boulevard; (a) or on public or private property, and projects over a curb into the traveled portion of the highway;"

Either construction results in the interpretation that Gatekeeper envisions, but if that was the case.. I can't seem to find a place for these words

"in such a manner that the vehicle is partly on a boulevard"

If these words are NOT further qualified by the following "and projects over a curb into the traveled portion of the highway;"

Then I can't help but think the words are useless, and drafted by some ****** articling student who got all Cs in law school.
    Last edited by OpenGambit; 03-02-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.