Dirt Bike Insurance. huh? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirt Bike Insurance. huh?

Re: Dirt Bike Insurance. huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Crf250r View Post
    The government needs to step in here because this rediculous. I'm sick of getting ripped off by these damn insurance companies. They are ruining the sport!!!
    Some friends of my wife had a get together at their farm. A bunch of the kids were taking turns with a snowmobile and one of the kids got hit by the machine and will never be right again.

Who picks up the tab? It could have just as easily been a bike.

I'm not sure how nit picky the laws are ie the kid on the machine didn't own the farm. I'm not sure if the machine was insured but I wouldn't want to be legally involved in any way.

What are the chances?

Quote Originally Posted by Z1K View Post
    I pay roughly $70 per year through State Farm for a 225.
    looks like dirt bikes are cheaper to insure than scooters that cant even keep up with traffic.
    fz6

TD has excellent rates for snowmobiles, so they might (or might not) have good dirt bike rates as well.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by WarpTiger View Post
    looks like dirt bikes are cheaper to insure than scooters that cant even keep up with traffic.
    There you have it - riding a two wheeled vehicle in traffic that is too slow to keep up with traffic flow is a dangerous activity, likely MORE dangerous than riding a dirt bike in a forest if you ask me. That justifies the lower rate in my opinion...
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

Quote Originally Posted by Xhumeka View Post
    There you have it - riding a two wheeled vehicle in traffic that is too slow to keep up with traffic flow is a dangerous activity, likely MORE dangerous than riding a dirt bike in a forest if you ask me. That justifies the lower rate in my opinion...

I'm all about flying in under the radar. if a dirt bike is cheaper to insure on the road than a sport tourer than that would make a great way to pay less insurance.
    fz6