BMW owners movement! - Page 4

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW owners movement!

Re: BMW owners movement!

the hayabusa riders' new "bike of choice"....can't wait to see one stretched out or maybe with neon lighting underneath.

i'm an owner....i love the bike, but i apparently haven't had as much of the koolaid as SunnY!

Hardly a bike to replace the busa... Im sure its still shy about 20ft.lbs of torque and a whole whackload of midrange. Different segment entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by theusedone View Post
    Hardly a bike to replace the busa... Im sure its still shy about 20ft.lbs of torque and a whole whackload of midrange. Different segment entirely.
    of course it's a different bike....but there are those people who just want the bike with THE MOST hp....

Hey SunnY! You'll have a blast on the 800 this summer. Be sure to try and get to Calabogie if you can!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calabogie.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	16724

Quote Originally Posted by GRAYZ View Post
    Hey SunnY! You'll have a blast on the 800 this summer. Be sure to try and get to Calabogie if you can!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calabogie.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	16724
    Hey John.

Yes, Turn2 is on the list for July. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by snowboarder View Post
    how many kms on it now?
    not alot, only ~1700

F800S for now and my partner has a F650GS. Just got the email from the dealer that the S1000RR I put a deposit on is in the dealership. Going in tomorrow...time for the upgrade.
    Any S1000RR riders here?

I'm in.

Last edited by Signalsdrone; 04-04-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    '07 KLX250S - Road
    '00 CBR600F4 - Track

"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life." - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    F800S for now and my partner has a F650GS. Just got the email from the dealer that the S1000RR I put a deposit on is in the dealership. Going in tomorrow...time for the upgrade.
    Any S1000RR riders here?
    Yep. Picked mine up on Thursday. I'm having amazing fun with it.

Mine is a rarity (Too Fugly for most ppl), 05 F650CS. Belt drive, single cylinder, gas underseat, storage where tank should be. Taking her to Newfoundland this summer.

Last edited by bdearlove; 04-03-2010 at 07:47 AM.

Blue F800ST, with Akrapovic exhaust. Its the first bike that I don't have an urging to replace with something else during spring - mind you those naked bikes look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Yep. Picked mine up on Thursday. I'm having amazing fun with it.

Very nice. I'm picking up next Sat. Same colour.
    BMW

Hamilton (the armpit of southern Ontario)

Last edited by Triple; 04-03-2010 at 09:32 PM.
    2001 Honda CB750 Nighthawk -- back to simplicity, reliability, and ease-of-maintenance

Here is a shot of mine.... Just installed 2 Bros full system and PC3 power commander. Me likey the new S1000R. I think I will enjoy riding it....

BB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0341_1_.jpg  

If you guys don't stop talking about your S1000RRs, my wife is going to end up very angry with me.
    "Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines."
    General "Buck" Turgidson, (George C. Scott)
    Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

2007 R1200GS with an identity crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by bdearlove View Post
    Mine is a rarity (Too Fugly for most ppl), 05 F650CS. Belt drive, single cylinder, gas underseat, storage where tank should be. Taking her to Newfoundland this summer.

That makes 2 of us. :>
    (not the Newf trip part, the CS rarity part)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    If you guys don't stop talking about your S1000RRs, my wife is going to end up very angry with me.
    Hmm, sorry Richard, but the thing is amazing. And that's with the RPM restricted to 9k. I'm half-way through the break in at this point but I think the grin stuck on my face may be permanent.

I am getting cautious about stopping at Tim's for a quick coffee though as it does tend to collect a small crowd.

I'm 6'4" and the bike fits me perfectly. Very comfortable, despite the very firm seat. The brakes continue to amaze me and create my only scary experiences so far because I tend to feel when braking hard that the bike and I are about to part company. But I can't be pushing the brakes that hard because I have yet to have the ABS kick in.

Is everyone going to the Motorrad thing at Mosport in July? I'm curious about it and I'm planning my vacation now and wonder if I should try to make sure I'm around for that weekend or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Signalsdrone View Post
    I'm in.

I love this bike. I was close to talking myself into buying it when it first came out. Lovely colour.

Hmm, sorry Richard, but the thing is amazing. And that's with the RPM restricted to 9k. I'm half-way through the break in at this point but I think the grin stuck on my face may be permanent.

I am getting cautious about stopping at Tim's for a quick coffee though as it does tend to collect a small crowd.

I'm 6'4" and the bike fits me perfectly. Very comfortable, despite the very firm seat. The brakes continue to amaze me and create my only scary experiences so far because I tend to feel when braking hard that the bike and I are about to part company. But I can't be pushing the brakes that hard because I have yet to have the ABS kick in.

Is everyone going to the Motorrad thing at Mosport in July? I'm curious about it and I'm planning my vacation now and wonder if I should try to make sure I'm around for that weekend or not.
    I was lucky enough to ride this bike for 2 days on the track at the keith code race school. it is indeed amazing fun. the traction control and the wheelie control are very nice features, and the quickshifter is also a must have! I am going to install one on my track bike.
    here are a couple of shots of the bike on the track:

Last edited by KTM250SX; 04-04-2010 at 06:12 PM.

hi
    I am going, and highly recommend, as for rider, and for families, I always take tent and camp there, for the price it is very cheap camping, with lots of nice people, and activities.
    Current:
    2002 BMW R1150RT-P, 1970 BMW R75/5

Past:
    1988 BMW K100RS, 1985 Yamaha FZ750, 1984 Honda Shadow VT750, 1983 Yamaha Virago XV750, 2002 Suzuki GS500, 1960 Junak M10