BMW owners movement!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW owners movement!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BMW owners movement!

Curious how many BMW owners are on GTAM.

One of the most talked about companies of 2010.

Has anybody else joined the movement?

Re: BMW owners movement!

If the motor were black, that would finish it off nicely. Great looking bike.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

I remember from back in my scooter days people ask "whats it going to be when it grows up?"...A BMW F650GS...duh...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rsg650.jpg  
    Last edited by SuburbanBWS-R; 02-21-2010 at 11:23 AM.
    2000 Yamaha BWS-R
    2004 Yamaha Virago XV250S
    2009 BMW F658GS

Any BMW gathering will be a bunch of fun.The best rallies we went to were the BMWMOA rallies.Especially the finger lakes crew.I miss my old airhead.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Talking Re: BMW owners movement!

I'M IN
    I just had a BM......
    "I" have received "3" (and 2 points) warnings at GTA Motorcycle.com

YO....its about time...I'm honored

I'm Here, 1976 R75/6 with leaner sidecar and a K1200LT Been is this movement for a number of years.

and

Garry
    Last edited by Garry_Kramer; 02-16-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    IBAID 26718
    BMWMOA 117552
    2011 K1600GTL NOW RIDING
    2007 Piaggio MP3 (wifes)

Here is mine:

and

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    If the motor were black, that would finish it off nicely. Great looking bike.
    They must have been listening......the 09s get black engines.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    Curious how many BMW owners are on GTAM.

One of the most talked about companies of 2010.

Has anybody else joined the movement?

I really like that colour scheme. Not a fan of the new colour schemes. I also really like the F800R (the naked one)

I find the BMWs a little expensive for what you get.

I am here with my 2009 R1200R... planning on Summerfest at Mosport as well! See you all there.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    I really like that colour scheme. Not a fan of the new colour schemes. I also really like the F800R (the naked one)
    Thanks, I think it stands out and looks unique.

If I had lots of extra cash lying around........I would do this color scheme......

This is a full race/track bike one of the guys in the other forum uses.

Last edited by SunnY S; 02-18-2010 at 08:17 PM.

I'd love to join the bm'r club... Is there dealerships to avoid or dealerships that are known to be good?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    I'd love to join the bm'r club... Is there dealerships to avoid or dealerships that are known to be good?
    Wolf BMW has been good to me, as far as I know they are the only "motorcycle only" dealer in Ontario. They are in London Ontario, so might be a bit far if your located in the GTA.

Wolf is very good for sale and service. Had nothing but good experiences there. Durham/Endras sales had a good experience there too. Their service dept is not so good.

Best service I've had so far from a BM dealer is Budd's in Oakville. Highly recommend.

GTA-M. Your best bang for the entertainment buck.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner?

Quote Originally Posted by MotoStark View Post
    Wolf is very good for sale and service. Had nothing but good experiences there. Durham/Endras sales had a good experience there too. Their service dept is not so good.

Best service I've had so far from a BM dealer is Budd's in Oakville. Highly recommend.

Service manager John P. is the consummate professional who'll see that it gets done right. Also a Canadian flatrack legend. I wish I could afford to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    Wolf BMW has been good to me, as far as I know they are the only "motorcycle only" dealer in Ontario. They are in London Ontario, so might be a bit far if your located in the GTA.
    I bought my bike from WOLF, and I also take it there for service and maintenance (they're awesome). Doesn't matter that they're 227km from my house (one way), it makes for an awesome ride! I've had them lend me a bike, on several occasions, to return home and to keep for 2-3 days till mine was ready for pickup, and there were no extra charges whatsoever. I highly recommend them.

As for the opposite end of the spectrum, stay away from Downtown BMW and especially avoid having their service manager (Andrew) touch your bike. I had mine there for the first oil change - and you'd think the first service would be a 2hr job or less... Well, they seized my engine after frying my alarm module, and TWO MONTHS LATER they finally gave me back the bike. When I went to collect it, they brought it out without my side cases (forgot them in the shop), and the service manager went to get them. He found them to be a "little snug" when trying to mount them back on the bike, so he proceeded to FORCE THEM ON USING A MALLOT!!

I wouldn't have that shop service an open-face helmet, much less my bike!
    WEAR YOUR GEAR!

Quote Originally Posted by minidisco View Post
    I've had them lend me a bike, on several occasions, to return home and to keep for 2-3 days till mine was ready for pickup, and there were no extra charges whatsoever. I highly recommend them.
    Wolf does give a loner, but only for those who bought there bike from them, but yah, great to deal with, friendly and they know what they are talking about.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's good to know these things from actual riders. Obviously, everyones experiences will differ , but it's nice to have this in the back of my mind when I'm dropping down $$$$

Cheers

I've also taken my R1200GS out to the shop in Newmarket (Open Road BMW), and dealt with Paul Nixon and Mike Rocco: outstanding service from behind the desk at the front, hats off to them and hearty handshakes!

... however, can't quite say the same for the people down below in the actual shop: 3 times in a row, they "forgot" to tighten back my oil cap, resulting in excessive hot oil spray all over my pants during the 70min ride back to Toronto. Additionally, the LAST time they changed my oil and did a tune-up as per the maintenance requirements (of warranty) - for there will likely be no returning to this shop now - they somehow "lost" my bottom skid plate and then had the audacity to tell me that "perhaps I lost it when I did my own maintenance".

Now, forgetting to tighten the oil cap can happen to anyone, even more than once. But the 4th time I went to get my bike back from them, I had Paul Nixon personally bring the bike out to the parking lot (from below), and without even getting near the bike I asked him to personally check the oil cap on top of the engine block... and sure enough, it was barely "placed" on, not even a full turn to tighten it. Nevermind, using the actual wrenching tool to make sure it stays on: had we not checked, likely I would have lost the cap before even making it to the highway from their shop.
    WEAR YOUR GEAR!