I wasn't running from the cops!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I wasn't running from the cops!!

Re: I wasn't running from the cops!!

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    If you didn't see the cop, as you claim... How do you know he was wearing dark sunglasses?
    I never said I didn't see the cop... as stated in my original first post, I said I didn't see him "signal me" to pull over...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    When you were eventually pulled over, were you wearing your seat belt then?
    Yes, I was. I slipped it on because I entering the highway... NOT because I saw the police.
    ~~Emilio~~

'98 Suzuki GSX-R750: Sold
    '02 Yamaha R1: Sold
    '06 Suzuki GSX-R1000 CUSTOM: Current
    '08 Suzuki GSX-R750: Current

Quote Originally Posted by MassNutrition View Post
    I never said I didn't see the cop... as stated in my original first post, I said I didn't see him "signal me" to pull over...

Yes, I was. I slipped it on because I entering the highway... NOT because I saw the police.
    Unfortunately that doesn't matter much, as they can use it to show mens rea. You weren't wearing it when they attempted to stop you. You were when they did. The presumption will be that you intended to avoid officers at least long enough to don your seat belt. I wouldn't be so secure in this going away.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

It was subsection (2)... and thanks for pointing out the $1000 to $10,000 fine again... I was already told and I'm still freaking out LOL.

I called the dudes at Redline. They asked for a DETAILED report of the event, and what the cop was wearing, and what his actions were. Because I stated he was wearing a black fur hat, black gloves, and black jacket, we NEVER made eye contact... because of his DARK SUNGLASSES. If he DID signal someone, I wouldn't even know if it was me or not. It's gonna get tossed...

...court date is March 15th. I'll keep you guys updated.
    You might have a strong case!! Tell the judge that in the case of R. v. Koufax, it was proven that when wearing sunglasses you become completely invisible. There was a high profile case back in 1999 were the sunglasses rule was applied when Koufaxs son, Julian, was testifying.

This would make total sense to why you couldn't see the cop and you should be granted an aquital, as Sonny was during his trial.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOke View Post
    You might have a strong case!! Tell the judge that in the case of R. v. Koufax, it was proven that when wearing sunglasses you become completely invisible. There was a high profile case back in 1999 were the sunglasses rule was applied when Koufaxs son, Julian, was testifying.

This would make total sense to why you couldn't see the cop and you should be granted an aquital, as Sonny was during his trial.
    uuhhh.. huhhhh..

lolz

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOke View Post

so if im wearing sunglasses you cant see me? hmm interesting...
    Yamaha R6

Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, mother****er. Say what one more goddamn time.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_flexx View Post
    so if im wearing sunglasses you cant see me? hmm interesting...
    Believe it!
    It was an actual case that might help this guy
    greatly but mileage may vary

Doubt though he'll get off the seatbelt charge
    as the even though the cop was invisible the cop still
    did see him. So another lesson to be learned:
    don't wear sunglasses and ride. You'll be invisible.
    You guys didn't know that?

Thanks for the responses so far guys. Keep them coming...

I feel better already. Like I said, I wasn't trying to flee, avoid, swerve, or speed to get away from this guy... I just plain ol' didn't see him. I'm not concerned about the seatbelt fine. I'm guilty of that, and will pay out what I deserve. It's the other charge I'm worried about...

Keep the advice coming. I'd like to hear more opinions/advice. Thanks!
    Yea your good man, that will get tossed, just going to cost you a bit of money for Redline, but you do what you have to do, you know..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Unfortunately that doesn't matter much, as they can use it to show mens rea. You weren't wearing it when they attempted to stop you. You were when they did. The presumption will be that you intended to avoid officers at least long enough to don your seat belt. I wouldn't be so secure in this going away.
    I wouldn't either, but if he go's Red line he should be good as far as a defence, competent people work there..

Gimme a call from the Number below, ill see what can my boss do for you. He is an Ex Cop, his name is Ed Blaha, he can give you a consult on the phone, guessing he should be in from 10-6PM Monday Feb 21 2010. Peace.
    Last edited by Tom_TTP; 02-21-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    Tom
    Yamaha 07 R6 Charcoal

I retained the services of a paralegal/ex-cop on Saturday. Cost me $420 so far. I don't have to show up for court March 15th now, as I will be represented. I'll keep you guys posted...
    ~~Emilio~~

Court was yesterday. My paralegal showed and set my trial date for Oct. 14th. I haven't had a chance to talk to him personally yet (I will tomorrow). I'll keep you guys posted...
    ~~Emilio~~

Good luck!
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Court was yesterday. My paralegal showed and set my trial date for Oct. 14th. I haven't had a chance to talk to him personally yet (I will tomorrow). I'll keep you guys posted...
    Fast Forward: Today is Oct. 14th already!! I can't believe how fast 7 months has flown by. Trial is today folks... wish me luck. I'll keep you posted.
    ~~Emilio~~

I think the more serious charge is going to be a tough sell as long as you don't end up in circus court in front of the JP ringmaster. Make note of the officer's behaviour and conduct towards you. Good luck!
    Last edited by promac; 10-14-2010 at 10:37 AM.

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

Fast Forward: Today is Oct. 14th already!! I can't believe how fast 7 months has flown by. Trial is today folks... wish me luck. I'll keep you posted.
    Guess your not sleeping much....posting almost at 4am...

Good Luck!
    Last edited by HunGJaI; 10-14-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    After he was stopped... he saw the cop.

Great save!

Good luck dude

would love to see how it all works out in the end.
    Good luck man.

good luck man

Good luck and let us know how it goes.