Stunt school - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stunt school

Re: Stunt school

Quote Originally Posted by Metropole View Post
    Does anyone know the cost of Wheelie School?

the course is around 400$ i think, not bad when you consider that includes the bike, instruction, track rental, insurance...

Quote Originally Posted by iskra View Post
    There's no english button to be found - though oddly enough some of the quotes are in english.

I emailed the link and am waiting to hear back... the 2010 season hasn't been posted yet either, so hoping to hear back from that too.
    there is only one class held in english, so that is not their priority.

I got it to translate to English. A google tool bar pops up and asks if you'd like to translate it, on the top right there is a translation button.
    ~ Suzuki Girl ~

To book your place at the wheelie school, write us at: info@wheelieschool.ca
    or call us at: 514-577-8470

The cost of the Level 1 course is $ 450
    A deposit of $ 225 is required to reserve your spot, and the total amount will be due the day of the course.

Please specify when registering if you want to take the optional insurance of $ 49.

* Each participating school wheelie must have experience driving a motorcycle of at least 1 year ** Each participant must provide protective equipment are: Full Helmet (full face), leather coats and textiles (leather recommended), gloves, bike pants or jeans, motorcycle boots or shoes.
    ~ Suzuki Girl ~

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    there is only one class held in english, so that is not their priority.

Its not about priority, its about demand. The course instructors are bilingual, if you call them to set up an english course they will.

Although it books up completely for the year pretty early, if anyone is thinking about it they should do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgixx View Post
    i never understood the point of a stunt school, spend the money on a bike instead and beat on it untill you get it. All the information and tips about stunting are online, and nobody can really tell you how to do it you just have to find a way that works out for you and you learn that by trying over and over again
    I'm with you, either you get it or you don't, it's not something you can take a course in. May teach you some fundamentals, but like any sport, you either take to it or you don't. If you can't figure it out, you shouldn't be doing it, you're just going to get injured and/or wreck your machine. For starters, you really need to be somewhat gymnastically inclined with a very good sense of balance, if you aren't, you will never get it, the bike on it's own can only do so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    I'm with you, either you get it or you don't, it's not something you can take a course in. May teach you some fundamentals, but like any sport, you either take to it or you don't. If you can't figure it out, you shouldn't be doing it, you're just going to get injured and/or wreck your machine. For starters, you really need to be somewhat gymnastically inclined with a very good sense of balance, if you aren't, you will never get it, the bike on it's own can only do so much.

I disagree with you on this one. Proper instruction can increase the learning curve and safety factor by huge amounts.

Where to start on this one, first a safe controlled place to practice! Nobody wants someone learning sketchy fast stuff at the spot, so its hard to start out without finding your own stunt spot. We all know how hard that is.

The course starts out teaching people theory and progresses them up to riding. To help people get the feeling of balance point Felix sometimes will do a seatstander over top of them in the seated position.

Alot of new riders havent even seen someone rock a BP wheelie before, and you expect them to learn over the internet?

With proper instruction and guidance, students are going to have the confidence and knowledge to progress much faster.

Wheelie School FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    Tel: 514-577-8470. Call Felix directly he is bilingual and will set you up.
    AND he gets back to you right away, I text him even for the info! May is all booked up already, but I am definitely going to go to check this out!
    ~ Suzuki Girl ~