#u(k. i over filled my crank case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #u(k. i over filled my crank case.

#u(k. i over filled my crank case.

Did a oil change in the hurricane 600 and for some reason i thought it took 4 liters of oil. noticed something wrong when i was dumping the old oil in to the 4 liter rolletta t jug and it seemed way too empty.

i'm such an idiot. now i'm trying to siphon it out with a tube in to a water bottle. its probably going to take an hour. probably have to take out a bottle and a half. so far half a bottle done. 1 more full bottle to go.

i should put a sticker saying 3.2 liters for my dumb *** on the dip stick.

Re: #u(k. i over filled my crank case.

You sir need a) boobies and b) buddies.

Boobies to get the dudes to come help tip over your bike and get some of the oil out. Found it is the fastest way.....

how do you drain the oil out in the first place?

not so
    pure 2-stroke spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkee View Post
    how do you drain the oil out in the first place?
    the last thing i want to do is have an uncontrollable flow of oil coming out of the drain plug.

its done now. i hope. got a liter out. and ill see how the level is now.

whats uncontrollable? get your hands dirty you wuss...

unscrew plug until its about to come off, keep pressure on it and no oil will come out....when ready, pull away and let the oil drain out, after a certain amount of time, put plug back in. Hopefully you were smart enough to put a clean container underneath to catch the oil. if you drained too much just pour some back into the bike...

you guys are treating this oil business as some mystical thing, and the oil as a magical substance that, if it touches ANYTHING other than the oil container and the crankcase, has to be thrown away...
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    You sir need a) boobies
    I don't have any, may I borrow yours?
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    whats uncontrollable? get your hands dirty you wuss...

unscrew plug until its about to come off, keep pressure on it and no oil will come out....when ready, pull away and let the oil drain out, after a certain amount of time, put plug back in. Hopefully you were smart enough to put a clean container underneath to catch the oil. if you drained too much just pour some back into the bike...

you guys are treating this oil business as some mystical thing, and the oil as a magical substance that, if it touches ANYTHING other than the oil container and the crankcase, has to be thrown away...
    lol
    exactly what i was thinking. tipping the bike or syphoning it out? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    You sir need a) boobies and b) buddies.

Boobies to get the dudes to come help tip over your bike and get some of the oil out. Found it is the fastest way.....
    or buddies with boobies would be a shortcut.

ok i got the oil out. then added some of it back in since the dip stick was on the low end when i checked the level while the bike was running and balancing the bike with the other hand.

i lost my service manual so i found that the cbr f2 uses 3.2 liters. i have just over 3.5 in my crank case. they probably specify 3.2 liters for the minimum level on the dip stick.

I don't think the extra 0.3 lites wont hurt it.

oh by the way. if i had drained the oil from the drain plug i would have had to run back to canadian tire to buy more oil in case by accident I over drained it. i don't feel like riding a bicycle in the snow for a liter of oil that can be salvaged from the crank case. id rather stay where its warm.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_zx3 View Post
    ok i got the oil out. then added some of it back in since the dip stick was on the low end when i checked the level while the bike was running and balancing the bike with the other hand.

i lost my service manual so i found that the cbr f2 uses 3.2 liters. i have just over 3.5 in my crank case. they probably specify 3.2 liters for the minimum level on the dip stick.

I don't think the extra 0.3 lites wont hurt it.

oh by the way. if i had drained the oil from the drain plug i would have had to run back to canadian tire to buy more oil in case by accident I over drained it. i don't feel like riding a bicycle in the snow for a liter of oil that can be salvaged from the crank case. id rather stay where its warm.

Heres a crazy idea, take a empty 2 litre bottle of pop. Cut of the top portion and wash it out. Drain oil into this clean bottle or anything similar that can work and put oil back in as required.
    Seriously i sometimes wonder how people manage to get themselves dressed for work in the morning...

Quote Originally Posted by KRFDPSSTI View Post
    Heres a crazy idea, take a empty 2 litre bottle of pop. Cut of the top portion and wash it out. Drain oil into this clean bottle or anything similar that can work and put oil back in as required.
    Seriously i sometimes wonder how people manage to get themselves dressed for work in the morning...

all i could find were half liter water bottles and i found a small hose so i grabbed the first thing i thought that would work.

i think my idea was crazier

get dressed for work. i didn't think there was much to it. i crawl out of bed at 11:25pm and go to the basement and gram my coat and snow pants and throw on my back pack. the same stuff i left on the floor form the previous night.

turn on the lights on the bicycle so cagers have less of an excuse for running me over and make the 10 kilometer trip to work.

Quote Originally Posted by KRFDPSSTI View Post
    +1.

[QUOTE=Anil_zx3;1170952]ok i got the oil out. then added some of it back in since the dip stick was on the low end when i checked the level while the bike was running and balancing the bike with the other hand.
    QUOTE]

Why are you checking the oil level while the bike is running? I've never owned an F3, but every bike that I had you check oil level with the engine off.

If I look at the oil sight glass with the engine running it doesn't even show.

"I checked the level while the bike was running and balancing the bike with the other hand."

I dont think your suppost to check the oil level when the engine is running.

So much fail in this thread. I love it.

Thanks for the good laugh
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Thanks for the good laugh
    no problem. now i just need to print off a new service manual. lost my old one that was saved on the computer and the one one i downloaded was a waste of bandwidth.

You do know your supposed to check the level of the bike when its standing up straight, with the engine off for a minute or two.

1) Run engine to get old oil hot so it drains easier
    2) Shut off engine and open the bottom drain plug, let the oil drain out.
    3) Take out the old filter and throw away and store/dispost the old oil.
    4) Replace the drain bolt/washer and torque to spec.
    5) Fill new oil filter to help with the "bleeding" process and install and torque to spec
    6) Fill oil untill level seen in the case window and stop, replace top cover.
    7) Start engine and let it warm up and run, this circulates all the oil and fills all the air gaps.
    Stop engine and re-check level, add what is necessary to get oil to required line.

From the sounds of what YOU did, you still have way to much oil in your bike. Just because the thing keeps taking oil, does not mean it needs/wants more oil

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post
    You do know your supposed to check the level of the bike when its standing up straight, with the engine off for a minute or two.

1) Run engine to get old oil hot so it drains easier
    2) Shut off engine and open the bottom drain plug, let the oil drain out.
    3) Take out the old filter and throw away and store/dispost the old oil.
    4) Replace the drain bolt/washer and torque to spec.
    5) Fill new oil filter to help with the "bleeding" process and install and torque to spec
    6) Fill oil untill level seen in the case window and stop, replace top cover.
    7) Start engine and let it warm up and run, this circulates all the oil and fills all the air gaps.
    Stop engine and re-check level, add what is necessary to get oil to required line.

From the sounds of what YOU did, you still have way to much oil in your bike. Just because the thing keeps taking oil, does not mean it needs/wants more oil
    its all fixed now. 3.2 liters. guess i got rusty after not working on my bike in 2 years.