M2 exit at durham college

Thread: M2 exit at durham college

M2 exit at durham college

Hi!
    All set now to take my M2 exit test at durham this June. any tips? and does any one know the success rate?
    also, if anyone had any general info on the experience, id appreciate it

Re: M2 exit at durham college

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth232 View Post
    Hi!
    All set now to take my M2 exit test at durham this June. any tips? and does any one know the success rate?
    also, if anyone had any general info on the experience, id appreciate it
    EDIT: Sorry thought you said your taking the M1 exit -- :-$
    Last edited by vinehanger; 02-09-2010 at 12:36 AM.

The biggest tip is to relax. I've seen people stress way too much.
    If Durham offers different types of bikes, make sure you use the one you're most comfortable with on your test day.
    Listen to what your instructors are saying and ask questions if you're not sure about something.
    Don't try to impress anyone.

1999 Magna VF750C
    2001 SV650S
    1997 CBR900RR sold
    2005 ZZR-250 sold

I took it last summer. It was pretty easy, I wouldn't get too worked up about it. As long as you can ride reasonable well (don't stall and that sort of thing) you have nothing to worry about.

They never put a number on the success rate, but they say it's much higher than at the ministry and most people who take the course pass. The most common reason for failing from what I gathered is people who get all worked up and do something dumb like blow a stop sign.

As for what to expect, Friday night you'll do a simple riding test to make sure you can actually operate the bike, then you have a few hours of class covering what you need to know for the real test. Make sure you ride there, have proper gear as outlined by them, and have your license/reg/ins.

Saturday you'll be there either in the morning or afternoon and you'll spend about 4 hours riding around in a group of ~5 people with the instructors following behind sorting out any bad habits you've picked up and making sure you properly do all the stuff covered on the test.

Sunday you're just there for the test (30-45 min i think). They let you know if you pass/fail right afterwards, and give you your paperwork.
    --
    JRS

M2 exit at age 18? Way to go!

thanks!
    ya, im not concerend about my riding ability, its the actual road laws that im worried about when it comes to my passing. :P

It sounds like you've been riding with your M2 for a while (?) so I'm sure you'll do fine. Make sure your bike is running well, if you've neglected anything (tire pressure, chain tension/lubing, questionable wiring) get it sorted out before you go. I figure since you're taking it at Durham and not through the ministry, the tips are the instructional part you get prior to the examination. Don't stress, you know how to ride, you've lasted this long. Try and make something fun out of it

I didn't know you were taking your exit test in June Liz
    its 1.5 years from the day you get your M2 right?

If you're doing the course at durham, it'll be pretty relaxed, the people who run it are really nice. Relax.

It's easier than going through the ministry, so I've heard.

Relax, you ride fine.
    '08 Hurricane White CBR125R - SOLD
    '11 Metallic Black CBR 250RA

thanks ardi, ill deff check out all the little maintence stuff before heading out

yup yup calvin, i figure since im going away soon for uni, i better be going with full licenses.............so i got to take my G test soon to dont want to do that. since i wont be insuring the bike after this summer bc of uni, ill have to get my license now while i can. my dad wants me to sell the bike in september so i can save up a little extra and buy a bigger one when im done uni, but idk i think he just wants more room in the garage :P

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth232 View Post
    thanks ardi, ill deff check out all the little maintence stuff before heading out

yup yup calvin, i figure since im going away soon for uni, i better be going with full licenses.............so i got to take my G test soon to dont want to do that. since i wont be insuring the bike after this summer bc of uni, ill have to get my license now while i can. my dad wants me to sell the bike in september so i can save up a little extra and buy a bigger one when im done uni, but idk i think he just wants more room in the garage :P
    The G test shouldn't be hard, I'm sure you have plenty of driving experience now. Just remember to check if it's a four way stop and who has the right of way haha.

Well do you want a bigger bike? Or do you want to keep your 250? You could sell it for now I guess, and get another 250 later if you wanted. Just so your bike doesn't sit in your garage for years to come.
    '08 Hurricane White CBR125R - SOLD
    '11 Metallic Black CBR 250RA

DONT REMINED ME! im still bad at checking! ud think id learn right?

no, id deff want a bigger bike, but idk, it was hard getting rid of my first, and i dont think the ZZR will be any easyer emotonal stress!!! i get attached to stuff to easily.

I am also taking my M2 exit this coming summer at Durham college in Whitby. Does anybody know the route they take?

thanks

I have move this to a new thread, Sorry newbie on the forum
    Last edited by mybluebike; 03-29-2010 at 08:06 AM.