Vstar 1100 Vs Shadow 750 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vstar 1100 Vs Shadow 750

Re: Vstar 1100 Vs Shadow 750

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkster View Post
    Ahh yes hey dude thats me.

Actually I'm switching to Jevco because state farm changed the way they quote now and I can get the JPM for $50/month and the 125 for $40/month.

Just wanted to post my 2 cents on the Blast. My wife started out on a 250 Rebel. Rode it for a season then was ready to move up. My wife is only 4' 11" and we wanted something that we didn't have to do too many modifications to. Ended up getting a Buell Blast with the low seat on it. She could flat foot it. It was amazing on gas. She could easily get 300km on the 10 liter tank. Idling it vibrated like crazy but as soon as you were riding it was smooth. Automatic choke, self-adjusting hydraulic valve lifters, you could change the plug with the tank on the bike (if needed) and belt drive. My wife kept hers for a year and then outgrew that also but she thought it was a great bike. She's done a 1000km day on it and not issues about the comfort. The only thing that we did to the bike was put lower wider bars on it and heavy bar end weights. It would run out of steam quick on the highway or when you were passing someone. It would top out around 160km/h with her on it. Overall I thought it was a decent little bike.
    Len - Barrie

Re: Vstar 1100 Vs Shadow 750

hi i had a shadow 750 and loved it rode it for 4 yrs now i have a much bigger bike but had more fun with the shadow also its the best bike i have had for handling although i did have the chain drive i rode one with shaft but didnt like it as much