Anybody with a Sport-Touring Motorcycle that Tours?

Thread: Anybody with a Sport-Touring Motorcycle that Tours?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anybody with a Sport-Touring Motorcycle that Tours?

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    Doesn't the windshield flex a lot??
    Bike has nice clean lines but the screen looks strange.
    Windshield flex's a bit ... but you know what i've found in my touring mileage ? For touring you go big or you go home for touring... the less wind you need to fight the longer you can go before being tired...

Quote Originally Posted by YamaMana View Post
    Damn that's a fine looking ride. Don't know why it's run under the radar. I've looked at the ZXR1100 in the past but the Zepher appears to have much nicer flowing lines. New though, they are not cheap! Papa's gotta start saving
    I spent 3 years looking for a Zephyr 1100 ... not easy to find a clean one. They remind me of 70's bikes without the headache of owning a 70's ride. The stock suspenders and brakes are a bit lacking but once you re-do those your good to go. the motor needs a bit more mid range to be competitive in todays market, but I was able to get my hands on the last new ignition advancer in the world :P ... A dealer in UK had one still new in the package, the paper and wrapper were all yellowed hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    A nice looking ride! I can see that making a great touring mount. How many kilometres on the motor?
    motor has 37k on it.

Since I ride an ST1300 for long hauls, this is a good 'medium range' tourer ... the ST does my 1k+ days ...this is ok for the 500-800km days ... more then 800km and you def. wish for something bigger ...

incidentally, I guess because I'm "done" modding the bike now, I listed it to see if anyone wants it.

"Rides are simple, we all leave together we all go home together."

Hamilton (the armpit of southern Ontario)

Quote Originally Posted by chiller View Post
    motor has 37k on it... I guess because I'm "done" modding the bike now, I listed it to see if anyone wants it.
    I noticed some discolouration on the headers. Is it running lean?
    2001 Honda CB750 Nighthawk -- back to simplicity, reliability, and ease-of-maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    I noticed some discolouration on the headers. Is it running lean?
    No ... if anything it is running a bit rich ... you can sometimes smell the extra fuel from it running rich ... I have not done anything to the carbs (other then having them sync'ed) ... so this is the way it came from the factory

"Rides are simple, we all leave together we all go home together."