Fireball Performance Coating - STAY AWAY - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fireball Performance Coating - STAY AWAY

Re: Fireball Performance Coating - STAY AWAY

Hey Tim.
    Can Total do cooler temps to bake the powder on alum wheels? Metalurgy articles warn aboutstrustural alum becoming brittle if baked at 350 degrees or more when powder coating. Apparently it has something to do with crystalization in the alum metal matrix or somehting like that-people smarter than me figured it out that's for sure,LOL.
    I know Fireball has cooler temp powder coating, but I am looking at alternatives- I have 2 sets of wheels I need done, and a top triple clamp.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

You'd have to call and ask, I don't know the answer to that question. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    no, I just have really strong hands.
    ok seriously what do you charge to remove skins? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neojake73 View Post
    ok seriously what do you charge to remove skins? Thanks
    off the bike, $15 per rim.

off the bike, $15 per rim.
    Ok great and thanks for all the info, I'm still doing some research but I'll get in touch with you if I decide to go the Total Coatings route.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Hey Tim.
    Can Total do cooler temps to bake the powder on alum wheels? Metalurgy articles warn aboutstrustural alum becoming brittle if baked at 350 degrees or more when powder coating. Apparently it has something to do with crystalization in the alum metal matrix or somehting like that-people smarter than me figured it out that's for sure,LOL.
    I know Fireball has cooler temp powder coating, but I am looking at alternatives- I have 2 sets of wheels I need done, and a top triple clamp.

They've done a couple set of forged aluminum and magnesium supermoto wheels for me at lower temps.

I'll see if I can find some pics but the one set of Mag wheels was a 2 stage process that made the finish look like anodizing.

They've done a couple set of forged aluminum and magnesium supermoto wheels for me at lower temps.

I'll see if I can find some pics but the one set of Mag wheels was a 2 stage process that made the finish look like anodizing.
    I'd love to see that too!

My too cents.......

By my count there are only about 6-8 people who are ****** with this company (Fireball) who posted here. If this guys has been in business for 9 years it would appear that he does know how to run a business. That said you can use me as a litmus test on what type of work they are doing now. I have been emailing back and forth and got quoted relatively fast for a job. $350 for frame, subframe and swing arm of my 03 636. I will be dropping on my parts in about two weeks and will re-post here with my results.

"my cats breath smells like cat food"

Quote Originally Posted by jayden1308 View Post
    My too cents.......

By my count there are only about 6-8 people who are ****** with this company (Fireball) who posted here. If this guys has been in business for 9 years it would appear that he does know how to run a business. That said you can use me as a litmus test on what type of work they are doing now. I have been emailing back and forth and got quoted relatively fast for a job. $350 for frame, subframe and swing arm of my 03 636. I will be dropping on my parts in about two weeks and will re-post here with my results.
    Excellent, 350 for all that sounds like another great deal. I've emailed back and forth to them as well. Very fast and friendly response. I'm not looking to get work done for a couple of weeks so post pics when you can. And thanks!!