Pro6 and Dunlop Bring Huge Sponsorship to SOAR - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro6 and Dunlop Bring Huge Sponsorship to SOAR

Re: Pro6 and Dunlop Bring Huge Sponsorship to SOAR

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    I assume you are riding in the expert class next season?
    Yes that is correct. At SOAR I will be riding under an Expert License.

Nationally and at RACE I am still classified as an Amateur.
    Last edited by Y2KR1; 02-04-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KR1 View Post
    Wow another supported class to race. If you are a women in your first (Rookie) season of racing and over the age of 40 with an SV 650 on (Buffalo) Dunlops you could run 9 classes a weekend. Rookie, Nov 600X, NEW Nov 600X Dunlop, Nov Open Sprint, Nov SBK, Old Boys, Formula Femme, Mid Twin and BOT Heavy Twin. 5 to choose from for a rookie male under 40 on a 600.

So how will this effect the rest of the SOAR Schedule. Last season we got lots of seat time. As Ken has said some people complained it was to much and others like Buzby, Rupert and Myself got on the track as much as possible, 3+ classes per weekend.

If I'm not mistaken the Women's class is taking off. The NuSpeed has been added and ppl are putting together programs for there kids and now an additional Novice (600X) Spec Tire class. Also it has been announced that the Expert and Novice riders will no longer be mixed for 600X, SuperBike and Open Sprint. This is 6 more races per day.

I hope we will still see 8 lap Heat races and 12-16 lap Finals.

Looking forward to seeing big crowds this season.
    Only 8 more years for me to run all the classes I can.

Great to see the support! I know I'll be out watching a few and maybe even participating.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KR1 View Post
    Wow another supported class to race. If you are a women in your first (Rookie) season of racing and over the age of 40 with an SV 650 on (Buffalo) Dunlops you could run 9 classes a weekend. Rookie, Nov 600X, NEW Nov 600X Dunlop, Nov Open Sprint, Nov SBK, Old Boys, Formula Femme, Mid Twin and BOT Heavy Twin. 5 to choose from for a rookie male under 40 on a 600.

So how will this effect the rest of the SOAR Schedule. Last season we got lots of seat time. As Ken has said some people complained it was to much and others like Buzby, Rupert and Myself got on the track as much as possible, 3+ classes per weekend.

If I'm not mistaken the Women's class is taking off. The NuSpeed has been added and ppl are putting together programs for there kids and now an additional Novice (600X) Spec Tire class. Also it has been announced that the Expert and Novice riders will no longer be mixed for 600X, SuperBike and Open Sprint. This is 6 more races per day.

I hope we will still see 8 lap Heat races and 12-16 lap Finals.

Looking forward to seeing big crowds this season.
    Hey Mike,

Good points. We will be much more crowded on the schedele. First thing thats going to happen is classes like Form 2 stroke and Clubman that were not supported will be gone. these bikes can generally be run in another class anyway. Some classes that are somewhat supported will be blended and run together. Last year we would finish early this year we will not and if nessassary we will run longer. I have the facility from Friday morning to Sunday night so its just about paying some more for ambulance coverage. Hope that makes things as clear as mud

BTW we still have a couple more contingency announcements coming (not including rubber) I will post when the details are ironed out.
    As it stands now a quick Novice can come in and win a few grand with some free rubber over a weekend. This is better money/contingency than ANY other series in Canada nationals included.
    It may not ever get to the point of making racing free but maybe it can take the sting out of it and make your addiction finacially viable. In an industry thats shrinking and hurting we are growing and doing everything we can to give as much back as possible. Will it ever be perfect? Probably not but we are trying to get as close as possible.

Great news!

Thumbs up Re: Pro6 and Dunlop Bring Huge Sponsorship to SOAR

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    BTW we still have a couple more contingency announcements coming (not including rubber) I will post when the details are ironed out.
    As it stands now a quick Novice can come in and win a few grand with some free rubber over a weekend. This is better money/contingency than ANY other series in Canada nationals included.
    It may not ever get to the point of making racing free but maybe it can take the sting out of it and make your addiction finacially viable. In an industry thats shrinking and hurting we are growing and doing everything we can to give as much back as possible. Will it ever be perfect? Probably not but we are trying to get as close as possible.

Amazing, "giving back" very impressive and this is just the start........... is there any information on PRO racer payouts............and/or where can it be found? One thing, SOAR Novice is a RACE Amatuer (as Ken has stated) Also, "Experts" are Amatuers at the Nationals and Regionals (PMP and RACE.........as Y2KR1 has stated) I'm somewhat confused (easily done.........) also, will SOAR be honoring PMP/PCSC numbers or will they have thier own system. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
    is there any information on PRO racer payouts............and/or where can it be found? Ben
    +1
    I got excited............for a minute.
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

Amazing, "giving back" very impressive and this is just the start........... is there any information on PRO racer payouts............and/or where can it be found? One thing, SOAR Novice is a RACE Amatuer (as Ken has stated) Also, "Experts" are Amatuers at the Nationals and Regionals (PMP and RACE.........as Y2KR1 has stated) I'm somewhat confused (easily done.........) also, will SOAR be honoring PMP/PCSC numbers or will they have thier own system. Ben
    In my case I won the Novice Titles at SOAR so I am required to move up to Expert. I welcome and am looking forward to this challenge with SOAR at TMP. Ben will you be bring your riders? At the time I registered (in person) for my RACE/PMP License at the first TO bike show I informed them (Chris Chapelle) of my SOAR Expert level for 2010 and 2009 results and they informed me I would be an Amatuer.
    Last edited by Y2KR1; 02-05-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

I will likely wait for rule book and money announcements until we have everything in. I suspect that with Dunlops bigger footprint we may see changes with the others as well. What RACE does with our guys going there is not my concern. In the land of the perpetual amateur who knows. They seem to want to pick and choose who they let do what (as always). Rupert,Milson,Cristie,Perault,Grant Hughs, Donnie, Busby, Csaba,Brent Strong, Franz, are all SOAR Experts is RACE and PCSB calling them Amateurs?
    As you all know I have a huge issue with the amateur forever attitude, but I can only look after my house.

Great news and great work Ken.. Looking forward to babysittin' dem punks this season

P.S. Many thanks to both Pro6 and Dunlop for supporting our racing scene!
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Ken maybe you guys could modify the schedule page on the soar site, to simplify stuff as right now the info is all spread out across multiple announcements, GTAM, facebook, etc... Something like:

2010 Schedule
    Round 2: June 11-13 - TMP (Reverse)

Sprint Races

Superbike (10 lap heats, 16 lap race)
    Expert Rider Contingency:
    1. 15 Points + SOAR $$$ + Discounts/Tire Contingency
    2. 13 Points + SOAR $$$ + Discounts/Tire Contingency
    3. ...
    Novice Rider Contingency:
    3. ...

600 (8 lap heats, 12 lap race)
    3. ...
    3. ...

Endurance Races

GTO:
    3. ...

GTU:
    3. ...

Round 3: ...

- Championship Contingency Prize broken down by class/licence
    - Total Prize money / contingency available per class
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Ken maybe you guys could modify the schedule page on the soar site, to simplify stuff as right now the info is all spread out across multiple announcements, GTAM, facebook, etc... Something like:

2010 Schedule
    Round 2: June 11-13 - TMP (Reverse)

Sprint Races

Superbike (10 lap heats, 16 lap race)
    3. ...
    3. ...

600 (8 lap heats, 12 lap race)
    3. ...
    3. ...

Endurance Races

GTO:
    3. ...

GTU:
    3. ...

Round 3: ...

- Championship Contingency Prize broken down by class/licence
    - Total Prize money / contingency available per class
    Thanks but nope. The sched will be the sched and contigency will be seperate as it changes too often.

I will likely wait for rule book and money announcements until we have everything in. I suspect that with Dunlops bigger footprint we may see changes with the others as well. What RACE does with our guys going there is not my concern. In the land of the perpetual amateur who knows. They seem to want to pick and choose who they let do what (as always). Rupert,Milson,Cristie,Perault,Grant Hughs, Donnie, Busby, Csaba,Brent Strong, Franz, are all SOAR Experts is RACE and PCSB calling them Amateurs?
    As you all know I have a huge issue with the amateur forever attitude, but I can only look after my house.

............."As you all know I have a huge issue with the amateur forever attitude, but I can only look after my house" ......... its THE RIGHT attitude (its not my house, just MY opinion) thanks Ken, impressive news and hope to here more. BG

I will likely wait for rule book and money announcements until we have everything in. I suspect that with Dunlops bigger footprint we may see changes with the others as well. What RACE does with our guys going there is not my concern. In the land of the perpetual amateur who knows. They seem to want to pick and choose who they let do what (as always). Rupert,Milson,Cristie,Perault,Grant Hughs,
    should'nt that be rupert,perreault,cristie,bussbe,milson

Looks like I may have to do the tire swap to Dunlop for the couple of weekends I want to run. And I was just starting to love my Pirelli's.
    SOAR #143. 05 Kawi ZX6RR racebike.

Wow this series just keeps getting bigger and better, good thing I havent made a tire choice for the season. Liked the Dunlop slicks I tried, but wanted to move to DOT's so this might be the deciding factor...This and the fact I think I just picked up my first racing sponsor, has got me very exited for this SOAR season!

Good stuff keep up the good work!

That's great news!! Congrats!!

Here's Dunlop's SOAR contingency:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Dunlop Soar Contingency Program (2).jpg  
    DUNLOP GP-A Trackday Special !! 219.99$ a set!

Here's the link to a gif of the contingency(updated)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...tingency-2.gif
    DUNLOP GP-A Trackday Special !! 219.99$ a set!