New 03/04 636 build

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 03/04 636 build

New 03/04 636 build

Decided to try something new

Shimmer Hawaiian Candy Blue frame, swing arm, subframe, stunt stay, and bar ends. With the engine covers, triples, and all the other little bits done in gloss white...

No sun light to really show off this color but you get the idea, if you have seen my current stunt bike recently... This color has the same sparkles in it that is on my black frame....I really like this color! Someone needs to do the shimmer candy purple I have!

Re: New 03/04 636 build

I like the colour, looks ballin. Who shoots your paint, and if you know what paint system is being used?

Quote Originally Posted by NP6000 View Post
    I like the colour, looks ballin. Who shoots your paint, and if you know what paint system is being used?
    Its powder coat not paint...My coater is just down the street from my shop, they mostly do industrial coating in your average colors, but I supply my own powder for special colors like this

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Its powder coat not paint...My coater is just down the street from my shop, they mostly do industrial coating in your average colors, but I supply my own powder for special colors like this
    Where do you buy powder from? I need a nice candy gold cuz my local coater can't find a suitable supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    Where do you buy powder from? I need a nice candy gold cuz my local coater can't find a suitable supplier.
    If I told you Id have to kill you.....I kinda like having colors that no one else in the GTA has...lol...Most of the colors Ive used my coater who has been doing it for 20 years has never seen before...

I do have an order to place in the next week or so, so I could order in some gold for you...They offer 2 different transparent candy golds..
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 02-03-2010 at 02:49 PM.

If I told you Id have to kill you.....I kinda like having colors that no one else in the GTA has...lol...Most of the colors Ive used my coater who has been doing it for 20 years has never seen before...

I do have an order to place in the next week or so, so I could order in some gold for you...They offer 2 different transparent candy golds..
    Shot you a PM. Maybe I should just give you my rims to do with whatever batch you have going in sometime?

will be watching this

Quote Originally Posted by andyztoy View Post
    will be watching this
    Dont blink cause its gonna happen fast, if the white parts were done Id have it together in a few hours. Got 03/04 builds on lock................ blindfolded!

I know Spent a half hour on your facebook page trying to take everything in

I love how you had to have a baller track bike, I like

Looking very nice JP!

It just takes a bit of footwork... I found a supplier with tons of colors, ten different metallic color flake additives, at least ten different tint clears, and a couple hundred different colors. but just like JP's its G-14 classified!

There's going to be a couple Fresh bikes coming out in 2010.... heard TwistedIN has something big in the works too

I like

Quote Originally Posted by DA BOSS View Post
    I like
    Youll like the price too, I skipped the 2 stage and just coated over the aluminum...So it was only a 1 stage job! Just had to make sure everything was really really clean....

I can do all the transparent colors like that now, making them the same price as a regular color

Now that I really like, I'm a holla at you in a bit

silver metallic / black base with four coats of copper tint clear and copper micro fleck in the top clear coat!

This is one of three powder samples the suppliers sending me, few different options.

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post

silver metallic / black base with four coats of copper tint clear and copper micro fleck in the top clear coat!

This is one of three powder samples the suppliers sending me, few different options.

I have a color close to that, its called candy burnt orange...

JP, the frame looks sikk! cant wait to see that color on a nice sunny day!

Got my cage being shipped too, thanks alot!

Cjones that orange looks pimp! those rims will screw with your eyes goin round n round!
    Last edited by TwistedIn; 02-03-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

Show off.............

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

Got this far last night before I rad out of parts, hopefully my white parts are done today so I can get it rolling on the wheels..

That pic shows the colour better. Looks good

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

Very nice.

Blue and white....
    Gee
    Closet Yamaha lover.

I knew there was hope for you.
    If I can have a Ninja and a Honda in my stable.....you could get back to havin a Yammy in yours.... If you can fit another bike in ur office...LOL

R6 R6 R6

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !