Titanium round bar prototype for GURU

Thread: Titanium round bar prototype for GURU

Titanium round bar prototype for GURU

Had this idea in my head for a long time now, and alot of people ask me about my Titanium round bar. So I finally got around to finishing the 03/04 636 prototype, and since its too cold to ride here Im sending it out to GURU to test for me...

This whole base unit is made of 6061 T6 aluminum, so its super light compared to steel round bars.
    The Ti bar is adjustable in length, and has 4 settings.

1 SQUID
    2 Amateur
    3 Pro
    4 Gangster

Re: Titanium round bar prototype for GURU

Sick Johnny
    now make one for 05 lol
    my current bar lacks sparks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgixx View Post
    Sick Johnny
    now make one for 05 lol
    my current bar lacks sparks
    I need a sub frame for R&D, F4i too

i wont have my bike set up for another few months so you can use my subframe if you want
    i can bring it with when i come by to grab that stay sometime this or next week

and i can bring you the round bar or the whole sub from my f4i if you want too
    is it possible to make it fit witht the tail light? (636)

i wont have my bike set up for another few months so you can use my subframe if you want
    i can bring it with when i come by to grab that stay sometime this or next week
    sounds good! I have Mikes sub but its aftermarket, so I would want a stock one too just to make sure it fits both when I make it....

you got it
    ill try to make it there this friday
    btw the adjustable idea is awesome
    whats next Cages?

you got it
    ill try to make it there this friday
    btw the adjustable idea is awesome
    whats next Cages?
    I dunno I only really make things that nobody else is, or just make it better...

An aluminum cage has been on my mind for a while, just might have to do it...

Once you hold some of the parts Ive made and compare them to the steel parts on the market, you really appreciate how much lighter they are...

That bar with this subcage, and you cant even tell there is anything on the bike

I dont think an aluminum cage can take as much of a beating as a steel cage would, but something like race rails that powers makes but very light would be great for track guys and this subcage would also be great addon on a track bike (and on my stunt bike)
    Last edited by 2kgixx; 02-01-2010 at 07:33 PM.

I dont think an aluminum cage can take as much of a beating as a steel cage would, but something like race rails that powers makes but very light would be great for track guys and this subacage would also be great addon on a track bike
    You would be surprised how strong billet aluminum is...It would be a totally new design, something that has not been done before..

make it happen and ill test it for you i crash all the time
    any possibility of making that subcage for 05-06 model cause that looks sick and its foldable pegs too

Ski when i drop the part i will drop off the sub frame for a 08 zx 6r and a f4i???? I want one for the 08...

make it happen and ill test it for you i crash all the time
    any possibility of making that subcage for 05-06 model cause that looks sick and its foldable pegs too
    I can make those for any bike as long as I have the sub and pegs...

I have spare 05/06 pegs too

ill be there on friday with the sub and pegs for 636 i want that subcage id rather support your sh*t than OMRs
    let me know if you want the f4i too like i said you can take the round bar or the subframe
    any solutions for rad supports cause from what i hear the stock ones are pretty weak

i like it
    but only if it mounts properly
    SI cannot make a proper mount to save their life anymore

Quote Originally Posted by cirtem View Post
    i like it
    but only if it mounts properly
    SI cannot make a proper mount to save their life anymore
    It fits under that tail, and the undertail...If thats what you mean?

When we got our first SI round bar for the 03/04 636 here at the shop, we couldnt even figure out what way its supposed to be installed. No matter what way we flipped it, it would either not let the tail or undertail fit over it...

Mine fits, and only one way...And I usually make parts like this in the first place, because Ive bought something and wasnt happy with the quality, fit and finish..That and no one is making i round bars...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 02-02-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

If that doesn't work out.
    If you end up this way or I come down that way....
    I have a sub u can borrow that's my spare with pegs.= no rush.

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

Sorry to thread jack...

Is there a source around the GTA or Ontario for titanium tubing? Checked yellowpages.ca and google already. Trying to fabricate a Givi rack holder that also serves as a front and/or rear stand should I need to remove a wheel for when I get a flat dualsporting in the back woods.

Thanks
    "It was a mechanical problem with my right hand applying the brake when it shouldn't have."

Quote Originally Posted by joeb View Post
    Sorry to thread jack...

Is there a source around the GTA or Ontario for titanium tubing? Checked yellowpages.ca and google already. Trying to fabricate a Givi rack holder that also serves as a front and/or rear stand should I need to remove a wheel for when I get a flat dualsporting in the back woods.

Thanks
    Yes but only for volume, I have many suppliers that will sell me 20ft lengths for $1000+

If you want small pieces you have to find shops that use it and might sell you an off cut...Or Ebay...