what events can you not miss? - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what events can you not miss?

Re: what events can you not miss?

Quote Originally Posted by roadhamr View Post
    here we go, have a sense of humor. clowns

This is the way not to get attacked, and the best way to make friends - insult people and belittle them.

Excellent work dudelinger.

Is it always, always "someone else" that has the problem with you? Ever look for a common denominator?

i know i stir the pot. i would never deny it. it is a joke. it was a ludicrous statement. it did not specifically an attack on any one individual it was a blatent open ended shot at a group using ridiculous stereotypes. as was the response that all cruiser guys have beer guts and grey hair. i took that as a funny. what is the problem? i just dont want the internet supermen to come out and intimidate me again!
    Last edited by roadhamr; 02-03-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: sentence structure
    it's hard out here for a pimp
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    This is the way not to get attacked, and the best way to make friends - insult people and belittle them.

Is it always, always "someone else" that has the problem with you? Ever look for a common denominator?
    now that's something funny. ease up HammerMan.
    ride - if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post

this response is a direct result of my frustration with the constant one sided nature of this forum. i really hope to meet you folks out on the road someday so you will understand the type of guy i am. an honest straight forward guy with a great sense of humor. i suppose if i dont put smiles on everything i might be insulting people. i forgot you cant see my face and dont know me. my bad. i will persevere to do better. i hope the thread can get back on track now.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Fair enough.

What can't I miss?

Ride for Sight is a must for me.
    Pro 6 trackdays have made me an addict, so their days are not to be missed if I can help it.

At least one TO m/c show - get to find out what everyone looks like without a lid on.

Every few years - the PS sportbike rally, a trip to PD on a 13th and a Gap trip.

At some point I'd do Daytona again, but again it's fun to do it with people who have never been. A lot of the time it seems like same *****, different rally, different year. When you take along people who are 1st timers I tend to see the rally through them - "holy crap look at the amount of bikers!"

i agree with you on daytona. i have had fun there but unless i went with a bunch of chums i dont think it would be that much fun. there are way too many cops and it really stifles what the event used to be. it was bikers getting out of hand. i think that stuff is fun!
    we were going to do laconia as i have never done it before but i heard the cops are everywhere and there is little accomidation in town that is not booked 3 years in advance. so it sounds like a police state waiting to happen.
    i love the bike rodeos they are hilarious and you meet some very interesting people.
    anyone ever done a rodeo? meme? dirt?
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

its probably been said..but aminals bbq...Yummy...

this year dover for sure. in august like this it will be out of control !we will be there with our wives and girlfriends having a good time. please fell free to come up and introduce yourself.
    i would love to do deals gap and i think i may try. it woudl be about 4 days without pushing right?
    Last edited by roadhamr; 08-22-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Quote Originally Posted by ts View Post
    its probably been said..but aminals bbq...Yummy...
    i imagine this is an invitation only event?
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

i imagine this is an invitation only event?

Nope..its a open invite...

Basically this crazy guy on the site that we love to death throws a huge BBQ at his house and all bikes and bikers are welcomed...he leads a short ride around his area and we go back to his house where he than feeds us, and his beautiful wife hands out prizes, just for fun!!

Not only is he crazy...he's well like by the ladies...hummm go figure...

Last edited by ts; 02-03-2010 at 01:44 PM.

I have a fozzy award - it's ummm....lovely! Aminal's ride is just stupid fun, everyone should join in next year.

No rodeo but http://www.trailtour.com/index.html sounds like fun this summer. I'll be renting a trials bike, always wanted to have a go with one. I'd most likely go for a trials bike before a dirt bike purchase but who knows what is next for the garage. SM perhaps....

Laconia and Americade - are they still held within a week of each other? We went down to Americade, spent the weekend, used the week for a trip through all 7 New england States and ended up back in Laconia the following weekend. We DID have to book about a year in advance though for the cabins we rented. Mount washington is incredible - check the dates as they close the mountain for one day in this time period for "bikes only". great ride and wicked view.

when you are in a room full of the people on the thread you look around and if they can grow facial hair and dont have super bad acne it is the cruiser/touring section. if it is full of prepubescents dressed like power rangers you are at the sportbike rally.
    Ability to grow facial hair? check. No bad acne? check.

Hmm.... power ranger? well, I'm not a pirate, so I must be a power ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    what kind of effing doofus response is that?

it's like saying look around if they all have big beer guts, grey hair and bikes that grind stuff in a parking lot its the cruiser section
    Big beer gut? check! Grey hair? Check. Grinding parts in the parking lot? We'll I can't say that I haven't done that before.

Damnit I'm so confused....I just don't know where I belong. Paul can you setup a new section for old fat guys that ride sport bikes? I don't like not having a place of my own to go. But wait....Is the Hayabusa a sport bike? I thought it was a touring bike.

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    Ability to grow facial hair? check. No bad acne? check.

Hmm.... power ranger? well, I'm not a pirate, so I must be a power ranger.

Big beer gut? check! Grey hair? Check. Grinding parts in the parking lot? We'll I can't say that I haven't done that before.

Damnit I'm so confused....I just don't know where I belong. Paul can you setup a new section for old fat guys that ride sport bikes? I don't like not having a place of my own to go. But wait....Is the Hayabusa a sport bike? I thought it was a touring bike.
    Sounds like you need a new ride...

yep i too have a front mounted ballast.(beergut) but it is earned and paid for.
    meme i dont know what the fozzy award is?
    aminal's bbq looks like fun. a good time to put faces to names. pls post he dates so i can scratch them on a calender.
    how many here have ver been to a biker rodeo? it is too much fun. i think alot of the sportbike guys and gals would have a pile of fun! great party too. usually attatched to a charity, bands, food.... cant really go too wrong with this combo can you?
    trials riding is an awesome challenge. good for you meme.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

yep i too have a front mounted ballast.(beergut) but it is earned and paid for.
    meme i dont know what the fozzy award is?
    aminal's bbq looks like fun. a good time to put faces to names. pls post he dates so i can scratch them on a calender.
    how many here have ver been to a biker rodeo? it is too much fun. i think alot of the sportbike guys and gals would have a pile of fun! great party too. usually attatched to a charity, bands, food.... cant really go too wrong with this combo can you?
    trials riding is an awesome challenge. good for you meme.
    Aminal's wife name is fozzy...she gives the prizes/awards at the BBQ. Usually mid Sept

aahhhh all is clear now. is the ride up by elmvale? that is fairly close, an easy ride anyways. good party?
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Ride for sight, Aminals bbq, Winter blues party and at least trip to the Sault or manitoulin.

I want to add Aminal's bbq to my list this year. Hopefully I will be free this year. I've missed the last two.

The only reason I would go to a motorcycle rodeo is to enter the slow race. I'd clean up doing the slow race.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

This year, in no particular order.

SOAR Race Weekends
    GoLo Weekend (Hopefully Pepper doesn't try to kill me this year)
    Ride For Sight
    Ride for Sight Bikini Car Washes
    Aminals BBQ (Hopefully not on a Race weekend this year , Hint, Hint !)
    The Grey Hair Muskoka Runs
    Bangers Sendoff to Afghanistan party.
    Parry Sound SBR
    Any Backroad ride with my Sweetie 'cuz the lunch stop picnics are fun