what events can you not miss? - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: what events can you not miss?

Re: what events can you not miss?

these are the dates for the bike rodeo at the stone fountain motel this year. Sept. 11, 2010. all weekend. camping available. great party lotsa bands and of course the rodeo. proceeds to charity. there was a beef bbq dinner included last year and there may be a pig roasted this year. all for $20.00/person. at least that was last years ticket price. great times!
    it's hard out here for a pimp
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

I'm relatively new to motorcycling, but so far the best event I've attended hands down is Americade in Lake George NY. It happens in June, and approx. 50K bikers show up for the week. The area is surrunded by amazing roads due to the number of hills/mountains/bodies of water. Lots of twisties!
    Highly recommended.

THAT SOUNDS AMAZING. i would love to finally get to new york this summer. i will skip americade i think. big crowds i like to avoid typically but the roads sound awesome.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Good thinking. The crowds should be experienced some time because it has a real event atmosphere. However it's the roads that will keep me coming back. It's the same with Port Dover. Just go there any given Saturday or Sunday in the summer and you'll likely enjoy yourself more. Plenty of bikes, but you can actually walk the streets without bumping into people constantly!

I found Americade too congested. Only 1 real strip. I prefer Laconia. Just as pretty but a little more spread out. I was though impressed with the variety of classes. There's a real goldwing representation (which is how it all started) which seems to make it a family-type event.
    What's in a name? Well apparently nothing as i now ride a Suzuki er/um Honda ...
    2000 VFR
    1989 VMax

watch out for police and speed traps in NY State!
    ride - if you want to

i have not done laconia and would like to but i hear it is difficult because most accomidations are out of town and the event is spread out so you have to be very conscious of over embibing. i dont want to put ourselves in jeopardy of getting dui's trying to navigate the event. can someone help me out who has been there re accomidations?
    Last edited by roadhamr; 08-22-2010 at 08:34 PM.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Quote Originally Posted by roadhamr View Post
    ronnie i think you are lost, this is the cruiser/touring forum.
    huh?! so what? you think sport bikers can't cruise? hmmm.
    Street: 1994 Honda CBR 900RR Fireblade, black/charcoal
    Track: 2004 GSX-R 600 red/white/purple #27

all are welcome adamwest and i dont make the rules. the smiling face at the end of it is supposed to signify it is an off the cuff remark, or a joke. not an affront to anyone or a slight of any kind. i am an ex ss rider and a fan of the technology that goes into them. i hope this clarifies everything for you.
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Has anyone else noticed that parrysoubd sporbike rally is the same weekend a mosport cdn superbikes

I was up to Sportbike about 6-7 times back when the Foley fairgrounds was the main event area. Havn't been back since CC bowed out. I have heard mixed reviews of the event since.
    ride - if you want to