What boots do you use on your cruisers ? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What boots do you use on your cruisers ?

Re: What boots do you use on your cruisers ?

i have been looking for rain booties for some time. frog togs makes them?
    it's hard out here for a pimp
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Quote Originally Posted by macrider View Post
    I wear these Icon boots, got them on sale at Royal Distributing last year.
    Very comfortable.
    Icon
    Super Duty 2 Boots
    $90.00

These are theones I used to use ... I find them too bulky and I would sometimes get my foot suck under the gear selector

They are also not the most comfortable boots off of the bike

Quote Originally Posted by Aminal View Post
    It's a personal choice for me, mostlt I wear cowboy boots or side zipper male hookerboots. Just be comfortable and secure in your decision.
    Cheers
    Aminal

PS Boots leak? Try frog togs rain booties!
    male hooker boots?
    x

I find Harley boots pretty comfortable.. some of their stuff is not bulky either and just fit nicely between the shifter. Really don't care about the brand but I just found it easier to go there and get them, since there was a sale too, so I got a pretty good pair for $40.00. They are as well really comfortable for long rides, and walking around with them too are good. Only thing I don't like about them ( atleast with the first pair I had ) was the zipper sewn to the leather is a little weak. The second pair I got seems to be a lot better, and has a stronger zipper.
    "It's water over the bridge" ? What smoke are you cracking?!

I wear the "stroker" style boots from Royal. Very comfortable for all day, long distance riding and very breathable in triple digit temperatures.

I carry waterproof overboots for the rain as no textile/leather boot is truly waterproof enough for all day/long distance riding.

Oomis - "It's a brilliant character bike. It won't be the fastest bike on the street, nor the lightest, nor the best handling, but with pipes it'll sound like God's coming to dinner and he doesn't like what's on the table."

Quote Originally Posted by sinic View Post
    These are theones I used to use ... I find them too bulky and I would sometimes get my foot suck under the gear selector

They are also not the most comfortable boots off of the bike
    You need to adjust your gear selector then so it doesnt get stuck.
    I had the same problem with my size 13 boots and just adjusted the shifter.

Teknic Sturgis boots:

I picked these puppies up for $35 + shipping from newenough.com
    Comfortable enough I can stand in them for 4-5 hours when I need to for work. Not as comfortable as my Nike ACGs for the 5 hour stand, but safer and still good enough.

Classic engineers by Frye.

"I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

You forgot an important aspect of this boot. They are CE rated, so its nice to know they have undergone and passes some sort of safety standard. Many boots do not!

I use the Dainese Torques for spirited riding, and these Astars for short rides, running errands, or basically anytime I need to get off the bike and do some walking. Very comfy boots, and they do look great under jeans.

I use the A Star Ridge Waterproof boots ...
    They are more sporty than what most HD riders wear, but they do a pretty good job in the rain, they are very comfortable and they look decent when I go to a restaurant on my bike

I used to have "cruiser" style boots, but I found that I was having trouble with the controls because they were too bulky
    Last edited by SunnY S; 02-05-2010 at 07:42 PM.

you can preach the safety of those boots all you want, but I don't really fool myself into think they are all that safe ... they offer almost no real ankle protection ... I can bend them right in half ... almost anything can get CE rated

I used to have a jacket that was CE rated ... jacket got old so I tore it apart before throwing it out ... the "armor" was really nothing more than a couple of pieces of glorified cardboard fused together

I am looking for new boots right now. My old Astarts do not perform in rain. Do you guys recommend these? Is the height good enough? I am switching into touring gear so gotta check the recommendations first.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    You forgot an important aspect of this boot. They are CE rated, so its nice to know they have undergone and passes some sort of safety standard. Many boots do not!

I use the Dainese Torques for spirited riding, and these Astars for short rides, running errands, or basically anytime I need to get off the bike and do some walking. Very comfy boots, and they do look great under jeans.
    http://www.arcadius.ca/

1964 Junak M10, 2000 Bandit 1200

I was asking about the boots in the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post

I use the A Star Ridge Waterproof boots ...
    They are more sporty than what most HD riders wear, but they do a pretty good job in the rain, they are very comfortable and they look decent when I go to a restaurant on my bike

I used to have "cruiser" style boots, but I found that I was having trouble with the controls because they were too bulky

I wear the same boots as Chuck Norris, *** Kickin boots!

Quote Originally Posted by arekzjawin View Post
    I am looking for new boots right now. My old Astarts do not perform in rain. Do you guys recommend these? Is the height good enough? I am switching into touring gear so gotta check the recommendations first.
    They DO cover the ankle, are well made, comfortable, waterproof, and CE rated. As a buyer, I am happy that Astars was confident to submit this boot to CE to undergo some kind of safety standard (why dont more makers do this?). Those are all a big plus in my books, so I bought them and think they are a great touring boot.
    Last edited by SunnY S; 02-06-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling

I have the same boots as Sunny-got a great deal because he tipped me off to a sale on them.

Anyhow, it's true that they aren't as protective as race boots-but the offer more comfort and flexibilty. Everything in life is a compromise. No one's best protective boots are comfy to walk in. I have Sidi race boots, and they have so much outer shell armour that they suck to walk in. They are like ski boots. The A*'s Sunny showed you are comfy for walking, and have a proper heel cup engineered into them to be safe. Would I want to crash them at 150 mph? No. But for sport touring use I like them, and they feel great and light, and waterproof is a bonus. I have switched just about all of my street gear over to sport-touring stuff, so now my suit is waterproof and breathable too. Before I always had to pull over and put my over-booties over my Sidi's if rain started. Now I just keep on riding.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

What do you use for your gear? How would you mark it in scale 0-10 and would you buy it again? I am looking at Scorpion XDR line, but there is not too much to choose from in my price range. What advices do you have? (I am not going on 10,000+ km trip in leathers again)

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    I have the same boots as Sunny-got a great deal because he tipped me off to a sale on them.

Anyhow, it's true that they aren't as protective as race boots-but the offer more comfort and flexibilty. Everything in life is a compromise. No one's best protective boots are comfy to walk in. I have Sidi race boots, and they have so much outer shell armour that they suck to walk in. They are like ski boots. The A*'s Sunny showed you are comfy for walking, and have a proper heel cup engineered into them to be safe. Would I want to crash them at 150 mph? No. But for sport touring use I like them, and they feel great and light, and waterproof is a bonus. I have switched just about all of my street gear over to sport-touring stuff, so now my suit is waterproof and breathable too. Before I always had to pull over and put my over-booties over my Sidi's if rain started. Now I just keep on riding.

I am riding in Fieldsheer Quattro jacket and Booster over pants.

Been caught in heavy rain for hrs and not gotten wet. Rode for 650 kms Thanksgiving day at 0 dgerees celsius with liners in, no heated gear. Only hands were cold. Mine is the Hi Viz colour, like a pylon riding down the road, but it matches my Scorpion EXO700 neon yellow helmet. Once the temps reach 25 degrees celsius, the jacket gets hot at less than highway speeds. But it was priced right. Got jacket and pants for less than $300 new, and being a short guy I liked the pants option for tall, regular and short legs, in every waaist size.

As for crashworthiness, I can't say as I haven't tested them that way. But I did pick this suit because it has heavier denier than many others where it matters in a crash, in the arms and shoulder areas (1680). The rest of the suit is 700if I recall.

I am looking to add another textile suit to my lineup, probably a 1 pc that is cooler for summertime use. Tiez will likely be the brand I will buy.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Gah, I've been on ebay looking for a pair of boots since the ones I got now have almost torn through where it contacts the shifter. I'm all for ATGATT, but I spend 99% of my time commuting and race-style boots mean a second pair to carry when I'm off the bike so plain-old leather boots it is. I'm really tempted to buy these, but it's out of my price range.

Nice boots Count Dracula

Harley boots all the way... I'm always impressed with Harley's gear. Jackets, books, helmets, etc.