So Harley Finally Lost Their Minds - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Harley Finally Lost Their Minds

Re: So Harley Finally Lost Their Minds

OOMIS - Kool-aid is good! Where did it state I didn't like the GW? Owned a couple, ridden tons of them, actually almost everyone they made somewhere down the line...........the thread is about over $$ HD's. Actually the best bike in the world is the one I ride - it's a YAMAHA R6 and can do wonders on the track, but what would you know about that or it's performance, but you are right - it is the best in the world. Glad to be able to own all types of bikes in each category which allows me to have tons of fun where ever I am. Go figure?
    GECKO #169
    Thank you: Yamaha-Motor Canada, Hindle, Penske, Armour bodies, Vortex, Pirelli, IM Leathers, Pro6, Team Pro-Motion USA, Cycle City, Lightning Products, Flair Photo, Parker Bros.,

Late to the table but hey ... love the bike, lots 'o cash. I ride with friends on Ultras. They & I log many many miles. I keep hearing about harley posers. That's getting tired. I see it on both sides and none at all.

I do have 1 observation though regarding riding in "the club". A couple times a year we head out on a 6 & 10 day-er. It's nice to have a destination with stops along the way. Sometimes it Maine with Laconia or Lake George on the way. Other years it's been sturgis on our way to Cody & Bear Tooth Pass. My point to all of this is it wouldn't be possible to see that many bikes, entertainment & a general participatory outing were it not for Harley & the wonderful people who ride them. Ever been to Dover. How does it compare say to the sportbike equivalent of say Parry Sound (i think you get the point, if not then i guess this isn't for you).

Anyway a harley costs more and will continue to because of the "Belonging to the Club" factor. You want to be in, it's definitely better to ride one.

YamaMana...........I certainly get it :>)))

Dover is different the Sport bike week as there are more Cruisers at Dover, although over the years (I've been going over 30 to dover) there are more and more sport bikes showing up as it's open to anyone. In fact, lots of tourist come out with kids just to see all the bikes. Sort of like the Aspencade Rally in the USA they used to have for Goldwings, now there are HD's and everything. Point is a bike is a bike - just ride the thing. I have both types and ride with all sorts of people - don't care. HD's cost more due to all the chrome and metal versus plastic on others. Yes, I am sure the name has something to do with it as well. Guess there are A**holes every where which can ride anything. Take away the bike and they are still and A**hole, so what one rides is irrelevant. I'm not far from Port Credit - used to live there and should hook up some time...........Snug Harbour is one of my favorites!
    GECKO #169
    Thank you: Yamaha-Motor Canada, Hindle, Penske, Armour bodies, Vortex, Pirelli, IM Leathers, Pro6, Team Pro-Motion USA, Cycle City, Lightning Products, Flair Photo, Parker Bros.,

Like you i ride both. Have an FZ6 as well as a C50. 2 very different bikes for the 2 very different sides of my brain. Yes i do in fact still like Port Credit. Closed down my favourite little restaurant though - Hooks. Oh well, now we have Burrito Boys i guess

I always like the saying "it's not what you ride, it's that you ride". I do say though that the ultra classic would be one slick cross-country touring rig.

I know that the Gold Wing would kick it in every performance category (differing from an earlier post) but to me the wing is just toooooo much. If going that route for comfort meets performance give me a FJR or BMW1200, otherwise do it in style (harley +1).