How Difficult is the M2 Test? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Difficult is the M2 Test?

Re: How Difficult is the M2 Test?

One stall should not be the end of your test.

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    One stall should not be the end of your test.
    No lie, Hershey Centre M2 test time.. you stall yoooooooooooou're OUT!

Not difficult. If you can stand balanced on one foot, pat your tummy and rub your head at the same time you have more than the necessary skillset. As for the clutch business, IMHO its easier for someone who has driven an stickshift car to get the concept right from the start. The worst you can do is dump the clutch & stall or dump & throttle up hard, thereby sending yourself sailing across the parking lot. Working the friction point is a skill that shouldn't take long to acquire & it does differ from machine to machine. On any new machine I get on the first things I do before I ride is check the brakes for grip and play, check the steering for feel and control, and check the clutch for play and friction point. Just LISTEN & FOLLOW instructions, be polite, ask questions if needed, the instructors are not there to fail you. Relax and have fun...March mornings can be a bit cold tho so make sure you have layered clothing...lol
    Got Torque?

i took it at humber, and it was only my 2nd day on a bike when i took the test, so while i felt confident in what i was doing from the instruction id recieved, i was still very nervous and ended up "dropping the bike", on 1 of the very tight maneuvers. drop is not the right word... more of a controlled placing on the ground as i guess i wasnt strong enough or was in the wrong position to keep it upright after i made a slight mistake.

anyway, went back home ****** at myself, bought my own bike, practiced a couple months on my own, then took the retest and passed much more easily.

At my course one girl failed from going too slow, old guy failed for I'm not sure what reason, probably too many mistakes, I lost something like 8 points out of the allowed 8 for going over both lines on first turn (exercise 1) and going too slow by a split second as a result (so one mistake almost failed me), I aced everything else.

I found that the way the clutch works wasn't really explained well to me so I had trouble on the slow stuff (riding clutch on slow turns).

Edit: Hershey Centre location 3 years ago.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

I was smart and didn't waste my money on the course. Instead, I just learned how to actually ride, and passed the test first try. Mine consisted of pulling wheelies, doing stoppies, maintaining a perfect pitch angle for a donut, and jumping through a burning ring of fire 90 feet in the air.

Also had to retrieve a Tim Hortons extra large double double from a timmies 2.7 km away, within 3.5 minutes. The strict parameters were it couldn't be spilt, no crashing, no police tail, average speed had to be 120, and could not go off the streets, except for into the timmies parking lot.

Everyone passed. Even the old man with a scooter, and the other old man with the side car.

It's really easy dude. dont have to worry about it too much.
    Just stay away from the cruisers it might be too heavy for yah, especially when you're doing the test. Just try to drive the Cbr 125's that they have. Listen carfully to your instructors they're bunch of cool guys anyways. Good luck!! and have fun!

i would say once u pass part one cone & brake test your good. When i took mine one guy failed cause of brake test, instructor made u do it till its a complete stop and the guy who failed broke too hard and his bike tipped over.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    I was smart and didn't waste my money on the course. Instead, I just learned how to actually ride, and passed the test first try. Mine consisted of pulling wheelies, doing stoppies, maintaining a perfect pitch angle for a donut, and jumping through a burning ring of fire 90 feet in the air.

Also had to retrieve a Tim Hortons extra large double double from a timmies 2.7 km away, within 3.5 minutes. The strict parameters were it couldn't be spilt, no crashing, no police tail, average speed had to be 120, and could not go off the streets, except for into the timmies parking lot.

Everyone passed. Even the old man with a scooter, and the other old man with the side car.
    Well done sir, hataz gonna hate
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

i signed up for rti too. havent got my m1. lols. they couldnt give me mar 27. it was full! so i have to go with april 3rd. i believe three days they told me.
    thurs in class learning. sat ride, sun ride and test

Pay attention, ask questions if you're unsure of a concept, and ask for direct feedback from the instructors (that's why they're there) and you'll likely do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinHorvath24 View Post
    No lie, Hershey Centre M2 test time.. you stall yoooooooooooou're OUT!
    One stall will not prevent you from passing the skills demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Acadian1974 View Post
    Pay attention, ask questions if you're unsure of a concept, and ask for direct feedback from the instructors (that's why they're there) and you'll likely do just fine.

One stall will not prevent you from passing the skills demo.
    Are you teaching RTI this year?

I can vouch for anyone who's doing their M2 without ever sitting on a bike before. I passed with zero deductions after never sitting on a bike prior to the weekend. It's very possible so don't be nervous.

LOL.

i was reading this in class...and laughed out loud...

sorry, just kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinHorvath24 View Post
    9/12 ppl passed when I went.

10th person: gave up
    11th person: dumped the bike and was asked to leave
    12th person: stalled it when the instructor stated "If you stall anytime from now on...you will be asked to leave..the test begins........now"

"STALL" .... guy is asked to leave. =(
    "Hey, one of your headlight is out"

shut up.

Just signed up to RTI.....

^ your gonna have the best summer ever.
    "Hey, one of your headlight is out"

shut up.

Follow this

I've never ridden bike before.
    During the course, the most important part is to learn the friction point.

At the test itself, TWO things are the most important:
    1). get up to the speed, don't be scared and slow, you'll passs that requirement.
    2). friction point: at one point, you'll need to make 90 degrees turn with a VERY low speed - this is a crucial one point: calm down prior to that task, and you'll be OK.
    That was the hardest part for all of us that day, so during the course, work a lot on friction point, and you'll be OK.

Don't panic, they don't like to see that. Just practice all skills they are going to teach you, they look at all candidates.
    Relax, it's gonna be OK. Out of 20, 18 of us passed last year.

I took the course back in august of 09. I had the choice of choosing between Sheriden's program and RTI. In the end I chose the Sheriden program. I can't speak for RTI, but I can tell you that for a new rider (I was new) it is an awesome experience. The instructors are really nice and will guide you all the way through.

Its a three day course, the first day is just theory and it lasts about 2 hours (i think) and the other 2 days are from 8am-3pm (i think). Don't worry about not passing the test in the end, it is really easy (everyone in my class passed).

My only piece of advice is to get there a bit early on the first day to be able to choose the bike you want.

Finally, the reason I chose Sheriden over RTI is because Sheriden offered rental helmets where as RTI did not. At the time I was not willing to buy an expensive helmet as I had never been on a motorcycle before and was just getting my licence in case.

You see, I told you Sheridan Rocks.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

i took mine at durham, it was really good. there were alot of people who had never riden before and learnd quite fast and well. there were a few ppl who didnt make it, but most of that group came in with a loosing adittude.
    if you pay attention, take their advice, and take your time, you'll be just fine and pass with flying colour

M2 test is easy, just need confidence.

If you are planning to do it in March and haven't booked it yet. PM me because I have a couple of friends that wants to do their M2 as well. If you have 4 people doing it at RTI, you'll get a group discount rate and save $50 each person which is really awesome.

So lets see if we can manage to book it together.