How Difficult is the M2 Test?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Difficult is the M2 Test?

How Difficult is the M2 Test?

Hey guys, so I just passed my M1, and now Im looking to sign up with RTI March 27th -- just wondering how difficult is the actual M2 test? I've seen some youtube clips of it, it doesnt look that hard .. but I havent done it so who knows. Any idea on how much % of people pass it on first go?

Re: How Difficult is the M2 Test?

It's different for everybody, but not that bad. I aced the test with RTI, and had never really sat on a bike before the course.

Quote Originally Posted by mikcbr View Post
    It's different for everybody, but not that bad. I aced the test with RTI, and had never really sat on a bike before the course.
    what was the duration of the course? Im asking because I just took my M1, and the whole after 60 before 90 days thing is kinda silly. I can be eligable for my M1 after March 20-- and my RTI course starts March 27... how many days is the course, and when would the test be?
    thx

the passing rate at RTI should be like 95% or something.. Out of the 22 people from my class in last spring, 21 of us passed on that Sunday...just practice whenever you have the chance, and try to relax and take your time during the test, you should pass without a problem.. have fun...

It's not hard at all.

It's so hard that I had to bribe my instructor with one kidney and half my pancreas and agree to marry his sister that they keep in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    It's so hard that I had to bribe my instructor with one kidney and half my pancreas and agree to marry his sister that they keep in the basement.

Oh man I dont know what Im gonna do.. I already gave one kidney away when I got my G2...

The course is 2 days, a whole saturday and sunday like 8-4 roughly. If youve never at on a bike before youll be fine, i recommend picking the bike you will be riding in the future and sticking with it. dont listen to their oo try other bikes. Just get comfortable with one.

Theyll teach you everything from this is a freeking bike to emergency procedures. Everything is realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly easy no lie as long as your willing to learn. On the Sunday theyll give you the test an hour or so before they do it and theyll show you what their looking for and how you lose points and will then allow you to practise. After that good luck just try not to get nervous and youll do fine.
    Yamaha R6

Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, mother****er. Say what one more goddamn time.

The course in RTI is one evening and Sat/Sun two times from 8Am till 4pm for the weekend, or 4 evening for weekday course.

The passing rate is 99%, since RTI has free re-test, everybody is passing first or second time, The 1% is for people that quits sport.
    If you enjoy course, M1 Exit test is easy.
    Current:
    2002 BMW R1150RT-P, 1970 BMW R75/5

Past:
    1988 BMW K100RS, 1985 Yamaha FZ750, 1984 Honda Shadow VT750, 1983 Yamaha Virago XV750, 2002 Suzuki GS500, 1960 Junak M10

as long as you can ride a bike and know your clutch and throttle, nothing to worry about.
    D'Blas 02 Yamaha R6
    - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Welcome to Squid city.. the Poserland, home of chickenstrip riders... TEE-DOT!!
    We Lean Low. while you pose straight. GOT IT? GOOD!!" [Mr. Ruckus]

If I can pass it anyone can

I took it with Humber and about 90% of my group passed. The numbers aren't very exact as it's been some years. I passed very easily even though I had no riding experience before taking the test.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

I did the humber course aswell was a piece of cake
    Just remember to look where you want to go trust me it works

I took it at rti and we had a small group of around 8 ppl, so we were able to cover everything multiple times and everyone passed.

Quote Originally Posted by vinehanger View Post
    Hey guys, so I just passed my M1, and now Im looking to sign up with RTI March 27th -- just wondering how difficult is the actual M2 test? I've seen some youtube clips of it, it doesnt look that hard .. but I havent done it so who knows. Any idea on how much % of people pass it on first go?
    Everyone in my class passed . After 2 full days of riding im 100% confident that you will pass too, its just the same thing you do during the course. Turning, stopping, checking mirrors/blindspots. When i took it i had never been on a motorcycle before and i aced it

That was course was so much fun, i honestly wanted it to be longer. Had such a great time with my rti class back in october 2007 in oakville even when it was pouring rain.

And if you need a helmet for the test and dont wanna dish out a couple hundred bucks you can rent one from a place in toronto for the course for $25.
    Last edited by mccarthy; 01-25-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known"
    - Carl Sagan http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlSaga.../0/wupToqz1e2g

If you really want to have the best chance possible of passing.
    You should take your course at Sheridan.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    If you really want to have the best chance possible of passing.
    You should take your course at Sheridan.
    why do you only test for 1/2 the stuff or give handicap points at sheridan?
    x

About 2/14 people in my course failed. I barely passed mostly because of clutch control.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    About 2/14 people in my course failed. I barely passed mostly because of clutch control.
    only person that failed at my course dropped the bike, she passed with flying colours on a retest
    x

Quote Originally Posted by vinehanger View Post
    Any idea on how much % of people pass it on first go?
    9/12 ppl passed when I went.

10th person: gave up
    11th person: dumped the bike and was asked to leave
    12th person: stalled it when the instructor stated "If you stall anytime from now on...you will be asked to leave..the test begins........now"

"STALL" .... guy is asked to leave. =(