Thread: How Difficult is the M2 Test?

Re: How Difficult is the M2 Test?

20 something people in my class, 2 failed
    7 did not pass the score ...thing.

umm..huh?

Quote Originally Posted by KPhillips View Post
    I'm taller for a girl, but don't really weigh that much. I have no interest in riding a cruiser, so am going to try and stay away at those! I was on the cbr at the bike show in december, and it seems like it would be the perfect little bike to learn on
    This is one of the advantages of attending a school where multiple styles of motorcycles are available, you get to find out what you're most comfortable with. Take your time and try the different styles until you find a good fit. As for the spills, the vast majority of the spills on the course will result in little more than a bruised ego. Just make sure you listen to the gear requirements at the classroom session.

Where did you get your information????

The MTO does not test on the MOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Acadian1974 View Post
    Wow, it's like talking to a wall...

Back to the OP, all recognized signing authorities in Ontario are required to test riders using the MOST test proscribed by the MTO. The end result will be the same regardless of where you get tested; in that you will have satisfied the same licensing requirements for an M2 rider at the MTO or at RTI; you will receive the same demerit points for the same infractions at the MTO or at RTI etc...

The only real difference between the schools themselves and the MTO is the quality and degree of ancillary training you will receive throughout your experience. This is what really counts as you begin your riding career. There are a lot on instructors on these boards (but there are also a lot more idiots), seek out their advice or better yet, call the schools directly if you have any questions.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Lowrider - what specific thing (s) do you feel makes Sheridan's test easier to pass?

And again - what specific skills does the MTO test (or not test) that the riding schools don't?

They may not be the exact same test but they should be able to demonstrate the same care and control to obtain a license - no?

Sheridan's test is easiest of the college tests, because you recieve such good instruction during the weekend. The test will be a breeze.

MTO does not have the MOST test.

It's the hardest part of a college test.

Not the same test. MTO is much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Lowrider - what specific thing (s) do you feel makes Sheridan's test easier to pass?

And again - what specific skills does the MTO test (or not test) that the riding schools don't?

They may not be the exact same test but they should be able to demonstrate the same care and control to obtain a license - no?
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Low rider - trashing other training schools because you work for Sheridan is in very poor taste, esp when the original poster stated they had signed up for another training program.

ONE MORE TIME FOR THIS QUESTION ( as "good instruction" is pretty vague to quantify or qualify) - what skill SPECIFICALLY are M1 licensed individuals being asked to/not to demonstrate that makes one testing process harder/easier?

I have never ever trashed any other college, and never will.
    I just stated how good Sheridan is.

Show me where I trashed another school please and I'll step down and accept defeat.

Most MTO tests just ask you to ride around a road course while they watch and score you.

No MOST involved. Therefore, much easier.

They may have a few cones laid out for you to ride around, but if you can't figger out that you have to go wide around the serpentine cones, you don't deserve a licence.
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.