Stunter "plays" with his new S1RR :) - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stunter "plays" with his new S1RR :)

Re: Stunter "plays" with his new S1RR :)

Quote Originally Posted by mccarthy View Post
    There is absolutly nothing intellegent to say when talking about sitting on a bike, holding the brake, and gunning the throttle. So no, i dont have anything intelligent to say.

Ahhh so you have no idea how to do a burnout....hmmm the plot thickens.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Dun dun dunnnnnn!!!! Re re re re re

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Ahhh so you have no idea how to do a burnout....hmmm the plot thickens.
    I cant even say I've ever wanted to try.
    I dont know why anyone would want to.
    And I dont want to know how you do one or how hard you think it is becuase i would never want to be cuaght doing one..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZyLi48Fmu4
    There so f*ckin lame..

and again.
    Last edited by mccarthy; 01-28-2010 at 12:10 AM.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known"
    - Carl Sagan http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlSaga.../0/wupToqz1e2g

I cant even say I've ever wanted to try.
    I dont know why anyone would want to.
    And I dont want to know how you do one or how hard you think it is becuase i would never want to be cuaght doing one..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZyLi48Fmu4
    There so f*ckin lame..

and again.

Suuuuure you didnt.....me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Suuuuure you didnt.....me thinks the lady doth protest too much.
    I dont f*ck around.

Theres mayo and lettuce in there somewhere
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known"
    - Carl Sagan http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlSaga.../0/wupToqz1e2g

Burlington during the week / Pickering most weekends

The most impressive thing in that video is that he rides the bike up the ramp when he is done.
    Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signal.

This thread is awesome!

I actually wish I could ride like that. To have the balls to do some of it is impressive. I used to get my old bike sideways from a start, a few people seen me do it on a ride. And it's pretty exhilarating.

Those who think burnouts and such aren't impressive have never attempted one. On top of that they want to come off as holier than thou. Remember that yut uugh video?

I don't care how cool you think you are, but if you can't ride like that, don't talk smack about it. Simple. Already we've had a couple stunters in here justifying how hard this stuff is to do.

And in case you haven't noticed, usually tires need a break in period before you can ride aggressively on them. Doing a burnout speeds up that process because all it is, is just the glaze on the tires. Plus, you need hot tires for grip in order to pull wheelies, otherwise you're going to slip up a bit. Makes things really damn annoying with a cold tire.

Instead of saying that it's pointless and stupid, and going off on a silly tangent trying to support your case, try to appreciate what other people do in order to provide some entertainment. Did you ever stop to think that maybe they do it because it gives them a rush?

I sure as hell know what kind of rush they are experiencing when they do it. I've done some slides, whether intentional or not, and they get your heart going.

So hands off to these guys for taking a stock bike and doing things with it that most people will never attempt.

Just goes to show how much of a bench racer you are.

Quote Originally Posted by mjavor View Post
    The most impressive thing in that video is that he rides the bike up the ramp when he is done.
    +1 Now that I'd like to be able to do!
    * It's about safety, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by mjavor View Post
    You can't tell me that drifting a motorcycle isn't impressive.

Anyone know the song in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    You can't tell me that drifting a motorcycle isn't impressive.

Anyone know the song in the background?
    Everyone can do everything in that vid if they wanted too, they just dont want too...

Thats my excuse from now on too...However none of us will get that bike for free, or get payed to ride it like that...

[QUOTE=mccarthy;1161567]Im more hating on his choice of bike to stunt... and hating on burnouts in general...

Wow your a moron and its clear from this statement you made, that you are simply jealous he has that bike to beat on...

And FYI he didnt choose/buy that bike you fool, BMW chose him to ride it! Hes also involved in the companies marketing of the bike for north America...Hes a BMW employee and sponsored rider. He also has 2 GS 800's and tons of free gear abd parts...Hate on that!

Unless your on a drag bike going in a straight line there is zero benifit to burning out a patch of rubber on your tire to warm it up.. a lap or two or just riding around some corners for a few mins will do this much better and will warm and ware it out a lot more evenly.
    So now your going to tell me what helps warm my tires for stunting...For someone that doesnt know how to, or care to try stunting, you sure seem to have all the answers about it dont you...

Quote Originally Posted by KRFDPSSTI View Post
    I dunno man...in the bike community there are a lot of weird people. Just because someone races instead of stunts or vice versa they have to hate the other....strange mix of people, yet everyone is a better rider then everyone else
    Wow could not have said that any better myself!

The thing that bothers me the most is not being able to shake off the stunt rider label, even when Im at the track Im still "stunt guy"...WTF cant I just be a motorcycle rider or enthusiast?

Im just glad there are still some cool people out there that dont look down on people, just because they like to stunt ride or ride in a different kind of way. People like Paul from GTAM and Ken from SOAR, if it wasnt for them I most likely still would not have even tried track/racing...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Wow could not have said that any better myself!

The thing that bothers me the most is not being able to shake off the stunt rider label, even when Im at the track Im still "stunt guy"...WTF cant I just be a motorcycle rider or enthusiast?

Im just glad there are still some cool people out there that dont look down on people, just because they like to stunt ride or ride in a different kind of way. People like Paul from GTAM and Ken from SOAR, if it wasnt for them I most likely still would not have even tried track/racing...

I think your still stunt guy at the track because lets face it...your the most prominent stunter in the GTA...when people think of stunting on the form nobody else really enters the equation.

Just to clarify, I think the guy has amazing skills. I am very impressed by stunters' abilities. I understand that burnouts are not as easy as they look. I just don't like burnouts cause I think they smell and make a mess.

Stunting ain't for me but I can certainly appreciate the skill to do it. I like watching stunters. I like watching racers. Hell, I even like watching cruisers cruise up and down main street.

I think the only motorcycle passtime I don't like watching is the parade of bikes with really ugly folk hanging all around and over the rear seat. Ugh.

watching him makes me realize how much i suck
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    This thread is awesome!

I actually wish I could ride like that. To have the balls to do some of it is impressive. I used to get my old bike sideways from a start, a few people seen me do it on a ride. And it's pretty exhilarating.

Those who think burnouts and such aren't impressive have never attempted one. On top of that they want to come off as holier than thou. Remember that yut uugh video?

I don't care how cool you think you are, but if you can't ride like that, don't talk smack about it. Simple. Already we've had a couple stunters in here justifying how hard this stuff is to do.

And in case you haven't noticed, usually tires need a break in period before you can ride aggressively on them. Doing a burnout speeds up that process because all it is, is just the glaze on the tires. Plus, you need hot tires for grip in order to pull wheelies, otherwise you're going to slip up a bit. Makes things really damn annoying with a cold tire.

Instead of saying that it's pointless and stupid, and going off on a silly tangent trying to support your case, try to appreciate what other people do in order to provide some entertainment. Did you ever stop to think that maybe they do it because it gives them a rush?

I sure as hell know what kind of rush they are experiencing when they do it. I've done some slides, whether intentional or not, and they get your heart going.

So hands off to these guys for taking a stock bike and doing things with it that most people will never attempt.

Just goes to show how much of a bench racer you are.
    The guy is obviously skilled, and it's evident everywhere from how he set up his stationary burnout (which.... technically... he did have to do a forward motion correction just 1 second in) in the parking lot, to his strategy in how he approached the ramp ride and smooth braking into the back of the truck. (Try to make it look so smooth doing this if you think it is so easy).

But what bugs me a bit is how stunters (the better they are the more attitude they have) have an ego, man. EGO. And they are so blatant about it. I see it here on this site. And they talk down to people who they think don't know anything at all about what they are talking about.
    But whatever, just because they are very skilled on the bike, doesn't mean they are automatically skilled in social manners though.

Everyone can do everything in that vid if they wanted too, they just dont want too...

Thats my excuse from now on too...However none of us will get that bike for free, or get payed to ride it like that...
    I don't agree with this at all. If a guy has some natural ability to ride/race on lose surface, then he also exhibits the skills to learn all of these stunts. The only 3 prerequisites are: - being prepared to trash and beat on a bike (which seems so wrong to me....the most negatively impacted when they finish a stunt by just dropping the bike and walking away....that is the epitome of disrespecting the machinery and just looks bad on many levels. But it's all for the camera, right?...whatever - ugh.
    - and the second is to have the funds to literally THROW AWAY. Wreaking gobs and gobs of money to waste on damaging the bike, prematurely wearing/stretching the chain and sprockets, clutch, burning the snot out of a brand new tire instead of fitting a used tire off the street from some rider who had 2" c strips. It is the complete and utter lack of respect for the bike and the dollar. It must be wonderful to have so much disposable money. We know TEACH has disposable money because of how badly beat up his truck is. It is a late model that looks good from 30', but once closer you see the tailgate smashed (he even needed a screw driver to jimmy the latch to unlock it) and the top rails on the left side beat to rat **** and rusting already. This shows disrespect for machinery and the dollars needed to buy it/replace it.
    - and the third is, ya gotta be prepared to get hurt and endure pain. Now that is impressive.

So now your going to tell me what helps warm my tires for stunting...For someone that doesnt know how to, or care to try stunting, you sure seem to have all the answers about it dont you...
    He could have gotten those tires just as warm by airing them out a little and riding around the trucking parking lot for 20 minutes. And doing increasing angled 8's to help scrub the sides in to deglaze. But wait......that would be boring for the camera right? Whatever....
    And burning the centre of a tire does not conduct much heat to the rest of the tire as quickly as you are saying. And if his goal was to deglaze, it was deglazed in the first 1 sec of 10000 rpm revs. The rest was just wasted. Wasted rubber, wasted bucks.

I'm not so sure that BMW (if this image is indeed their goal with this bike) has made a good decision to go this stunt advertising route. The prospective purchasers that they are appealing to would seem to be only the exceptionally affluent ones. Who would think nothing of wasting a brand new tire in 10 min of burning stunts.

(TEACH also scraped...{read damaged/wasted} the rear licence plate holder and light assembly on the 12 o'clock) More disrespect to the machinery, and had zero stunt effect, unless his intention was to appeal to the teeny bopper "oh wow cool" crowd, who have likely had most of their entertainment bucks handed to them by parents who found it easier to give in than to say no.

Don't misunderstand me here. I love watching stunting. I get the skill. I get it!
    And as for the burnouts?? It's so wasteful, but to me the best part of doing it is the sound baby. It's the sound of screeching hot rubber on asphalt. And ya, I do it for ME. Alone. No audience...which by default means no cop waiting to write up his disturbing the peace tickets. Of which I have a had my share when I found out I did have an audience...the hard way.
    Perhaps ironically, the best sound comes from a moving burnout. Stationary ones just whisp up into the frequency that only dogs nearby can really hear.

Anyway...that's my take on stunting, and BMW's misdirected advertising ploy on the very impressive S1000RR, and wastefulness and disrespectfulness to machinery, and the basic waste it and beat it mentality.
    Yes I am of hippy age, but I also wasn't impressed when guitars were smashed on stage back in the day either..but that's just me.
    Last edited by thumpit; 01-30-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: add the pain prerequisite

^^ thanks for post.

I think the comment about disrespect for the machinery and that this guy is just such an obvious dick hits home. I could never do a burnout because of thinking what it's doing to the bike. I remember seeing Rossi doing a burnout after a win and being really disappointed.

And I don't get how some guys think that because they are good at doing something or other they are entitled to be dicks. I can rub my tummy and pat my head at the same time, so it's OK to be a dick.

Somehow if you're a really good musician I don't think you'd be trashing the stage at the end of your concert (and yes I know Jimi Hendrix did it).
    * It's about safety, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by thumpit View Post
    The guy is obviously skilled, and it's evident everywhere from how he set up his stationary burnout (which.... technically... he did have to do a forward motion correction just 1 second in) in the parking lot, to his strategy in how he approached the ramp ride and smooth braking into the back of the truck. (Try to make it look so smooth doing this if you think it is so easy).

But what bugs me a bit is how stunters (the better they are the more attitude they have) have an ego, man. EGO. And they are so blatant about it. I see it here on this site. And they talk down to people who they think don't know anything at all about what they are talking about.
    But whatever, just because they are very skilled on the bike, doesn't mean they are automatically skilled in social manners though.

I don't agree with this at all. If a guy has some natural ability to ride/race on lose surface, then he also exhibits the skills to learn all of these stunts. The only 3 prerequisites are: - being prepared to trash and beat on a bike (which seems so wrong to me....the most negatively impacted when they finish a stunt by just dropping the bike and walking away....that is the epitome of disrespecting the machinery and just looks bad on many levels. But it's all for the camera, right?...whatever - ugh.
    - and the second is to have the funds to literally THROW AWAY. Wreaking gobs and gobs of money to waste on damaging the bike, prematurely wearing/stretching the chain and sprockets, clutch, burning the snot out of a brand new tire instead of fitting a used tire off the street from some rider who had 2" c strips. It is the complete and utter lack of respect for the bike and the dollar. It must be wonderful to have so much disposable money. We know TEACH has disposable money because of how badly beat up his truck is. It is a late model that looks good from 30', but once closer you see the tailgate smashed (he even needed a screw driver to jimmy the latch to unlock it) and the top rails on the left side beat to rat **** and rusting already. This shows disrespect for machinery and the dollars needed to buy it/replace it.

- and the third is, ya gotta be prepared to get hurt and endure pain. Now that is impressive.

He could have gotten those tires just as warm by airing them out a little and riding around the trucking parking lot for 20 minutes. And doing increasing angled 8's to help scrub the sides in to deglaze. But wait......that would be boring for the camera right? Whatever....
    And burning the centre of a tire does not conduct much heat to the rest of the tire as quickly as you are saying. And if his goal was to deglaze, it was deglazed in the first 1 sec of 10000 rpm revs. The rest was just wasted. Wasted rubber, wasted bucks.

I'm not so sure that BMW (if this image is indeed their goal with this bike) has made a good decision to go this stunt advertising route. The prospective purchasers that they are appealing to would seem to be only the exceptionally affluent ones. Who would think nothing of wasting a brand new tire in 10 min of burning stunts.

(TEACH also scraped...{read damaged/wasted} the rear licence plate holder and light assembly on the 12 o'clock) More disrespect to the machinery, and had zero stunt effect, unless his intention was to appeal to the teeny bopper "oh wow cool" crowd, who have likely had most of their entertainment bucks handed to them by parents who found it easier to give in than to say no.

Don't misunderstand me here. I love watching stunting. I get the skill. I get it!
    And as for the burnouts?? It's so wasteful, but to me the best part of doing it is the sound baby. It's the sound of screeching hot rubber on asphalt. And ya, I do it for ME. Alone. No audience...which by default means no cop waiting to write up his disturbing the peace tickets. Of which I have a had my share when I found out I did have an audience...the hard way.
    Perhaps ironically, the best sound comes from a moving burnout. Stationary ones just whisp up into the frequency that only dogs nearby can really hear.

Anyway...that's my take on stunting, and BMW's misdirected advertising ploy on the very impressive S1000RR, and wastefulness and disrespectfulness to machinery, and the basic waste it and beat it mentality.
    Yes I am of hippy age, but I also wasn't impressed when guitars were smashed on stage back in the day either..but that's just me.
    WHAT A LOAD OF HOOEY!

Racers go through parts and crash just as much if not more than stunters, they wreck whole bikes, split frames, bend frames, wear out tires, brakes, chains, sprockets etc just as fast if not faster than stunters....are you seriously trying to say that a racer is "disrespecting the machinery"?

Its a bike, not the Holy Grail...they are meant to be ridden and ridden hard and aggressively. Whats the point of bike a sportbike if your gonna baby it every where?

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post
    ^^ thanks for post.

I think the comment about disrespect for the machinery and that this guy is just such an obvious dick hits home. I could never do a burnout because of thinking what it's doing to the bike. I remember seeing Rossi doing a burnout after a win and being really disappointed.

And I don't get how some guys think that because they are good at doing something or other they are entitled to be dicks. I can rub my tummy and pat my head at the same time, so it's OK to be a dick.

Somehow if you're a really good musician I don't think you'd be trashing the stage at the end of your concert (and yes I know Jimi Hendrix did it).

Are you serious? Do you know he probably did more damage to that tire during the race than with a simple burnout? Whats with this waaa, waaa, waaa disrespecting the bike, if your using the bike and parts wear or break how in the world is that disrespecting it?