Stunter "plays" with his new S1RR :) - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stunter "plays" with his new S1RR :)

Re: Stunter "plays" with his new S1RR :)

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    Remember, in the US market, these bikes can be purchased WITHOUT the options (ABS, and Traction Control), that are standard on Canada bikes.

In one of his other posts on the other forum, he says he ordered the base bike.
    Here is a post TEACH made a while ago on Stuntride.com, some might find interesting...He talks about BMW's interest in promoting their new bike to the stunt riding/bike night market...So I'll say it aging why not! Its a cool job IMO and somebody's gotta do it

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    So I've been in contact with BMW about this new bike obviously, and obviously they see myself and 'stunting' in general as a viable means to reach a younger demographic. In addition to being an ambassador for BMW, I have recently been hired as a consultant to the company to help educate dealers across the country on how to sell the bike and appeal to our market. They've also invited me to speak at the dealer meeting in January for the RR press intro. Pretty cool, but that's not the point.

I was sent some materials today to view and something popped out at me that i thought was funny and indicative of the direction our sport is going. BMW has put A LOT of eggs into this 1000 project and need for it to succeed...and it will.

The quote that got me was based upon each dealership having someone knowledgeable about sportbikes, the industry, mags, ect...BUT also included, as bulletin #3 was:

"...must understand and know about 'stunting'..."

pretty cool imo that a company like BMW recognizes that they must penetrate our market in order to be successful. Of course, racing is a part of it, but I dare say that the 'stunting' or bike night aspect of their marketing was just as important if not more so, than the racing....

food for thought. this bike is going to be awesome...hopefully see my first one in mid Dec, but probably January sometime...trying to have one ready for Stuntwars

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post

I don't really understand this but again apparently you can have the ECU customized for you by BMW.
    All of the Manufacturers have "KIT" ecu's for this purpose.

BMW just had the right idea and included that with the base bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarthy View Post
    What a f**king waste of a bike engineered to do so much more than some gay *** burnouts.

I'am i the only one that thinks doing random burnouts in a parking lot is just pure douchebaggery? Not to mention this is on a brand new s1rr.

lol can you imaging taking one of these back from the dealer ship to your home to show your freinds and family and then just doing burnouts for 30 minutes. I dont care how much money you have to burn, you would just look like a mentally unstable guy looking for some attention.

Stuff like this (in my opinion) represents the lowest form of getting a bike to show off and look pretty in a parking lot.

I did, however, think that burnouts were cool when i was 14.. when i was also a virgin and had minimal pubic hair.

Final thought

- Burnouts are for people who want other people to look at them and think "wow he sure is good standing by his motorcycle and spinning that wheel. I wonder if he told his boy to film and take pictures while his helmet is off."

What makes you think that the only thing he's going to do with the bike is burn outs in a parking lot? Maybe after his burn out run he's bringing it to the track to track it with his track buddies and then planning a road trip to show off the Bike.

There isnt much substance in the tought process you gave as examples other then you clearly dont like stunting and granted, that's your opinion and it's o.k. I wouldnt be cought dead trying it but dont knock it ti'll you did it.

If theyused resouces and engineered the bike to have options others dont to reach a broader demography to sell product too then thumbs up for a company using resources to find a market that clearly has a demand right now.

Using your analogy, the same could be said about any extreme sport right now. Practically none of the products out there where designed to do what some are being used for and yet they all have a form of success in a shape or another. It's evolution.

I used to get in fights with Skiers on ski slopes cause my Snowboard was gay and destorying mountains and I had no business being there. Try to find me a mountain without a snow park now. I might have looked gay with my Kemper freestyle but I'm proud to say I was part of starting something others could do as a hobby with an infinate ammount of resources on hand to even go to the Olympics with.

I understand why and where you stand but dont knock stunting man, it's not easy and I'll be the first to admit I wont do it cause I know I dont have the skill set to even attemp what the guys are doing.

Besides Racing, Stunting would be a key point of development for me to explore has stunters push bikes to limits never experienced in any form of street riding.

It's evolution and we most likely see better products in the future because of it.

Just my 2 cents
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

Burnouts don't impress me - I think they literally stink and make a mess for no good reason. But that's just my opinion.

This guy can obviously ride. I was VERY impressed with the skill he brings to it. Not my bag but so what.

The ABS and traction control can be switched off with a button on the left controls, if the bike is equipped with it.

The Slick mode that some posters are referring to (that requires a plug to be inserted under the seat to make active) does NOT disable ATC and ABS. It does limit their interventions.

But if you want to stunt or wheelie an S1RR with full ABS and ATC all you need do is disable it with the button on the left control at anytime.

Its funny how much hate here is for a simple warm up burnout, which is simply the fastest and easiest way for stunt rider to scrub in and warm up a brand new tire...I dont think hes trying to impress anyone with that little warm up burnout...

The 2nd one was a "stand still" feet up burnout, which is really really difficult! If you think its easy just give it a try, and dont start with your feet down and put them up...Start a burnout from a stand still and keep it there, without putting your feet down...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 01-26-2010 at 01:41 PM.

But, that's not what the manual says about breaking in a bike!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Its funny how much hate here is for a simple warm up burnout, which is simply the fastest and easiest way for stunt rider to scrub in and warm up a brand new tire...I dont think hes trying to impress anyone with that little warm up burnout...

The 2nd one was a "stand still" feet up burnout, which is really really difficult! If you think its easy just give it a try, and dont start with your feet down and put them up...Start a burnout from a stand still and keep it there, without putting your feet down...
    I understand the need to warm up a tire and I have no problem with that. I just don't like burnouts for the sake of burnouts. They seem foolish to me.

I don't hate the folks that do them, unless they set their bikes on fire or do it near me when I'm enjoying a beer on a patio.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I understand the need to warm up a tire and I have no problem with that. I just don't like burnouts for the sake of burnouts. They seem foolish to me.

I don't hate the folks that do them, unless they set their bikes on fire or do it near me when I'm enjoying a beer on a patio.
    Im not a big fan of burnouts either, even thou I stunt ride its one of the tricks I rarely do....However I have done them from time to time, so I know how hard some variations are. Feet down stationary burnouts are annoying! even to me....

Not really my cup of tea either, kind of seen it all before, but I can appreciate the skill involved. Besides, if he's doing this in a parking lot or something and not on the streets it doesn't really matter.

Must say though, I really do like the bike. Got to see one up close the other day and it certainly looks well put together.

My REAL problem with the video is that now all the neighbourhood kids will expect me to ride my S1 like that and I can't cop out by saying "it's a Beemer man, it can't do that". I'll have to tell them the truth that I just haven't the skills to comfortably wheelie, never mind power slides etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post

Unless your on a drag bike going in a straight line there is zero benifit to burning out a patch of rubber on your tire to warm it up.. a lap or two or just riding around some corners for a few mins will do this much better and will warm and ware it out a lot more evenly.

Dont get me wrong the wheelies and endos this guy does are cool to look at.. I just dont get it at all tho.

and Burnouts are still gay squid ****
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M2ifnguIbE

lol you almost always see the same thing.. some dude film and yelling " yaahh man! wHOO!" and some guy on the bike looking at the tire, then the camera, then the tire.. maybe throwing in a gang sign for good measure."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rARGK...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjnIZ...eature=related

lol this one is the worse.. it makes me wondering why these guy even bought motorcycles... they clearly dont know how to ride one.. could have saved a couple thousand dollars and bought a smoke machine from Party Packagers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBj0B...eature=related
    Last edited by mccarthy; 01-27-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known"
    - Carl Sagan http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlSaga.../0/wupToqz1e2g

LOL wow some hate on the stunt riders...personally i think they are some of the best controlled riders out there...they may wear skate shoes and t shirts but its far from the definition of a squid.

Banned

This thread is full of Fail
    So many haters..

Quote Originally Posted by KRFDPSSTI View Post
    This thread is full of Fail
    So many haters..
    probably because some of them are jealous they can burn out...or crashed while attempting to show off so now they are trying to cover up their poseness

Unless your on a drag bike going in a straight line there is zero benifit to burning out a patch of rubber on your tire to warm it up.. a lap or two or just riding around some corners for a few mins will do this much better and will warm and ware it out a lot more evenly.

Dont get me wrong the wheelies and endos this guy does are cool to look at.. I just dont get it at all tho.

and Burnouts are still gay squid ****
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M2ifnguIbE

lol you almost always see the same thing.. some dude film and yelling " yaahh man! wHOO!" and some guy on the bike looking at the tire, then the camera, then the tire.. maybe throwing in a gang sign for good measure."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rARGK...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjnIZ...eature=related

lol this one is the worse.. it makes me wondering why these guy even bought motorcycles... they clearly dont know how to ride one.. could have saved a couple thousand dollars and bought a smoke machine from Party Packagers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBj0B...eature=related

You do realize this is an unregistered and unplated bike, that cant be ridden on the streets? Or did you miss the part where he unloads it of a trailer?

And are you seriously comparing some Dbags "ATTEMPTING" to do a burn out to a PROFESSIONALLY SPONSORED rider doing a burn to scrub of a tire?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zacm7 View Post
    probably because some of them are jealous they can burn out...or crashed while attempting to show off so now they are trying to cover up their poseness
    I dunno man...in the bike community there are a lot of weird people. Just because someone races instead of stunts or vice versa they have to hate the other....strange mix of people, yet everyone is a better rider then everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    You do realize this is an unregistered and unplated bike, that cant be ridden on the streets? Or did you miss the part where he unloads it of a trailer?

And are you seriously comparing some Dbags "ATTEMPTING" to do a burn out to a PROFESSIONALLY SPONSORED rider doing a burn to scrub of a tire?
    Im more hating on his choice of bike to stunt... and hating on burnouts in general...

I learn from the best .

Im more hating on his choice of bike to stunt... and hating on burnouts in general...

I learn from the best .

Oh ok...so you really dont have anything intelligent to say...cool
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Oh ok...so you really dont have anything intelligent to say...cool

There is absolutly nothing intellegent to say when talking about sitting on a bike, holding the brake, and gunning the throttle. So no, i dont have anything intelligent to say.

lol...crazy.