Fantino on Global - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Fantino on Global

Re: Fantino on Global

Shaman,

I completely agree with everything you have said.

One thing I'm curious about is why noone has mentioned the snitch lines that many Ontario police forces have set up so that you can conveniently rat on your neighbour. I've this doesn't smack of totalitarian state, I don't know what does!

Don't like their driving? Rat on em! Don't like their politics? Rat on em! Don't like their aftershave? Rat on em! Just want to be a pain to someone you don't like? Rat on em!

Forget minding your own business... Or live and let live... (I.E. TOLERANCE!)
    Ducati MS4RT 2007

Question authority

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    I get worked up about it. I'm passionate about life, and the government's attempts to force me into an existence where every minute of my day is either controlled or charged by it makes me livid. It makes me disgusted when I think of how non-violent and victimless crimes can land a person in debt, jail or jobless poverty. It makes me furious when someone tells me it's all for our own good.

Fantino represents the worst in our society. He's afraid of his fellow man. He does not believe the law applies to him or the police he heads. He wants to see a society where the police control all aspects of your life, and where penalties for not following his edict are harsh. The worst part is that he wants he and his police to be able to judge you on the spot.

Does anyone but me know that the comic Judge Dredd was actually meant to show how brutal a society would be that allows the police to be the judge, jury and executioner?
    The Gestapo to be exact. I know exactly what you mean about this whole situation. I personally believe the fine should be adjusted by your net income. The over 50 law should be abolished. Tickets are made to be a deterrent, not to break your cash flow. You can just erase the ticket fines all together in my opinion and keep the demerit point loss. You only need a few of those tickets before you get your license pulled all together.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

More verbal diarrhea from Jules...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/...aters-law.html
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    One person dies because of their own incompetence. Everyone else suffers. That's Ontario's laws for you.

A man died of old age. Think of the children!!! Ban old age!!!
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

x

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    I think turbodish just broke his computer screen from all the rage

I don't think it's such a bad idea. Some of the CO2 PFDs are no more obtrusive than a climbing harness.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Quote Originally Posted by FullMotoJacket View Post
    I don't think it's such a bad idea. Some of the CO2 PFDs are no more obtrusive than a climbing harness.

oh it's a great idea to wear one. i worked with some one who would likely not have died in a canoe upset if he wore one. just like wearing your gear is a good idea (i wear mine head to toe every time i get on the bike), but we don't need more tax collection in the name of safety by the nanny state. eventually you'll have seniors mandated to be wearing hip protectors and rigged to guides in the ceiling to prevent falls (think jolly jumper that covers the whole house). stairs will be banned, as will be running. diving into pools will be verboten as will swimming in anything besides a wading pool.
    x

I've skipped most of the numerous pages in this as it's mostly a rant (Justified IMO) against the safety Nazis. The biggest problem is that there are too many governmental departments legislating our safety and the departments have no consideration as to the total cost to an individual when everything is summed up. They only care about building their empires. This is where Dalton and his cronies should be taking steps to harmonize these costs and what they do to the individual.

Add the "Small ticket" to the insurance increase to the $60.00 Toronto vehicle tax to the gas surcharge tax to the loss of wages for being late because of the stop in the first place.
    Then we wonder why people end up on welfare. Because they make more by staying home.

Raise tuition fees and at the same time scare people away from restaurants because of zero tolerance drinking laws. Where do you think a lot of students work to get the extra tuition fees?

Talking on a cell phone while driving, even hands free, seems to be another "Inconvenient truth" but since it's supported by big business it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi86 View Post
    I think turbodish just broke his computer screen from all the rage
    Naa... Mrs. Fantino is a professional agitator/propaganda distributor. (S)he doesn't get mad over this stuff
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Now my counter-argument. A number of people I ride with are now mapping out the back roads we ride on, purchasing the fastest bikes they can get, watching their fuel load to keep at least 100km worth of distance in the tank when possible, and planning escape routes for all of their favourite roads. They know that even if we're not doing anything dangerous, the police are likely to hit them with HTA 172 without any justification, because they ride sportbikes. It's the cop's word against theirs, and the police lie to get what they want. I'm betting a lot of people on this forum have a story like that. So what do these riders do when they are approached by the police? You fill in the blanks. Same goes with the car fans, too... I know of two people that have built 600hp cars recently, citing HTA 172 as the reason. They mean business. How this makes the road safer, I leave it to your uncluttered intellect to explain. I suppose you think they're just criminals, but thankfully there are still people around who won't obey laws that are unreasonable and unconstitutional.
    I used to be one of those that said, there is no way I will ever run from the police, I couldn't even imagine it, now with the unreasonable punishment I found myself last week doing exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    I used to be one of those that said, there is no way I will ever run from the police, I couldn't even imagine it, now with the unreasonable punishment I found myself last week doing exactly that.
    About the same amount as getting 172'd

Irreversible damage on the suspect? That's very drama queenish.
    Still a good point, I am sure you have an answer to his question! please answer, because right now, a lot of people feel you are missing the point.

The Point:
    It is unconstitutional to be charged for something without having the opportunity to defend yourself.

Overpopulation is the worlds biggest issue. It is the biggest because it merely compounds every other major issue their is. Now if we keep making laws to save the retards from killing themselves out of sheer stupidity, what are we going to do with all these people ?

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    About the same amount as getting 172'd
    Do you mean that getting caught running is the same penalty as 172d' Firestart?
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services