Leathers Link (1 pc suit)

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Leathers Link (1 pc suit)

Leathers Link (1 pc suit)

Anybody see/try one of these suits?

Haven't seen custom suits this cheap before.

http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/leatherslink__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Re: Leathers Link (1 pc suit)

wow they look nice, and they are located right here in DT T.O.

I wonder if I can just go and pick it up, this is a sweet deal

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    Anybody see/try one of these suits?

Haven't seen custom suits this cheap before.

http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/leatherslink__W0QQ_armrsZ1

From what I can gather, the Toronto guy is just a middle man. The suits apparently come from Pakistan. No surprise as I am pretty sure the brand name makers get their suits made in these countries as well. Dainese has just announced that they will be moving their factory from Italy, to Tunisia (Africa).

Although you can email your measurements, I think Toronto shop will take measurements for you?

I am curious if anybody has seen or owned one and what the quality is like.

Last edited by SunnY S; 01-24-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks, as long as the quality is decent I think I will pick one up.

It will be nice to see a sample in person tho. I just e-mailed the guy, asking if I can just go and pick it up.

From what I can gather, the Toronto guy is just a middle man. The suits apparently come from Pakistan. No surprise as I am pretty sure the brand name makers get their suits made in these countries as well. Dainese has just announced that they will be moving their factory from Italy, to Tunisia (Africa).

Although you can email your measurements, I think Toronto shop will take measurements for you?

I am curious if anybody has seen or owned one and what the quality is like.

They look fantastic, I wonder what the quality is like.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    They look fantastic, I wonder what the quality is like.
    Looking at the feedback, some have commented that the quality is good. Although seller claims YKK zips, and CE armour, I wonder if they are counterfeit markings?

The good thing is, at $300, even if it turns out to be a crappy suit, it won't break the bank. And he seems good with returns/refunds.

not enough feedbacks to gain my business. Just gonna wait till he gets more feedbacks and see what's up with this product. I'm very interested though.

I'd imagine quality will be comparable to Nexo at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Exclamation Re: Leathers Link (1 pc suit)

so you guys would risk your body parts on this

an unknown & UNTESTED suit...
    "I" have received "3" (and 2 points) warnings at GTA Motorcycle.com

YO....its about time...I'm honored

jeez so cynical....you know, once, all those companies were new and untested...i'm glad that some people stepped up to the plate and bought their clothing, otherwise we would have Deinise, Joe Rocket, Teknic, NEXO ETC ETC, around...

if anything i'd go over to the store in TO and see if they have anything lying around you can take a look at quality wise...
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Double OH View Post

Sometimes you just don't know. A couple of year ago I looked into importing a line of leathers. The factory was in Pakistan and they had done production for several well known brands like Joe Rocket, Teknic and Alpinestars for 14 years. They were looking for more work because they'd lost business to cheaper factories in China. (doesn't just happen here I guess) The cost per suit would have been under $200 ea on a order of 500+ built to the same standards as the brands above.

Very few manufacturers make their own suits, And the ones that do only make the high end lines and farm out the rest. look at the tags when you're shopping.

Actually looking at a suit this year, but more into a 2 piece. Im not sure about the US sizes, do they differ much from Euro sizes ?. Personally Im 5'10, and 175 pounds.... not sure what size would be best, any suggestions ?.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Just so you are aware,, the Pakistan factories and middlemen are notorius for "bait and switch". What you see in the picture is not what you allways get. There are good deals but you won't know until you have it in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Just so you are aware,, the Pakistan factories and middlemen are notorius for "bait and switch". What you see in the picture is not what you allways get. There are good deals but you won't know until you have it in your hands.
    Good point John. However, the Seller seems quite reasonable with returns/refunds, and possibly, if he has a real location in Toronto, with suits on display, and the suit can be viewed in person before payment and pick up, then this may be a good value in a suit.

I have made an effort to contact the seller. I will post any further info for any interested.

Good point John. However, the Seller seems quite reasonable with returns/refunds, and possibly, if he has a real location in Toronto, with suits on display, and the suit can be viewed in person before payment and pick up, then this may be a good value in a suit.

I have made an effort to contact the seller. I will post any further info for any interested.
    thanks for this!

yup, will be waiting for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Double OH View Post

I'm not vouching for the quality of these suits, nor am I saying that Dainese suits are a waste of money. However what testing do the big names even do on their expensive suits? There's no widely recognized formal standard for abrasion resistance on motorcycle suits, so any testing that may or may not be done is completely at their discretion and they don't disclose any of the methods or results. There *are* standards for impact protection in the form of knee & elbow armor and back protectors, but all that stuff is basically interchangeable from suit to suit anyway.

The closest thing to there being a standard is disclosing the thickness of leather used, and this manufacturer appears to do that (for their suits anyway, don't see it on their gloves).
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Propers.

If I can fo check the suit out and it is what he says it is, shoot i'll give it a whirl and a twirl for $400.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Last edited by mikbusa; 01-24-2010 at 05:03 PM.

maybe they manufacture suits for Cortech