Suzuki M109 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suzuki M109

Re: Suzuki M109

Quote Originally Posted by slm View Post
    It's not as bad as people think it is for handling... I'll keep saying it... Richochet is over 6" I think.... I'm 5"4-5"5 as long as your moving... the bike at times ( to me ) doesn't feel any more different than my shadow did. I feel more confident on this bike then I did on my shadow...but ofcourse... she gets a little clunky, but what do you expect.
    I am 5'11 but for people who are shorter they have the option of installing 2 or 3 inch lowering bones that can make it even more enjoyable to ride... I love the options for customizing.

Just this week I got Vance and Hines Big Shots, K&N Air filters and a Cobra Fi2000R EFI Tuner for the bike. can't wait to get it on!
    Lets Ride

yep, you are right about the lowering bones... for me I find the height just right... as well, another option is that gel seat you have.. for shorter people, it moves you forward a good couple inches and you don't have to lean forward as much for the pegs and bars. Would like to hear the bike after you do those mods.. and see it ofcourse.. as for me, I'm not doing anything, I love the way it is stock
    Last edited by slm; 01-22-2010 at 11:01 AM.
    "It's water over the bridge" ? What smoke are you cracking?!

yep, you are right about the lowering bones... for me I find the height just right... as well, another option is that gel seat you have.. for shorter people, it moves you forward a good couple inches and you don't have to lean forward as much for the pegs and bars.
    That may be a concern for me actually.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

yep, you are right about the lowering bones... for me I find the height just right... as well, another option is that gel seat you have.. for shorter people, it moves you forward a good couple inches and you don't have to lean forward as much for the pegs and bars. Would like to hear the bike after you do those mods.. and see it ofcourse.. as for me, I'm not doing anything, I love the way it is stock
    The Gel Seat is good for taller an shorter people. The standard cut offers more support for your butt, the full cut allows taller people to move back about an inch or two.

For sure when my bike is done you can see it! It's time to get the Yellow and Blue LE together again
    Lets Ride

I have been drooling over the m109r for a long time. I'm hoping to afford one next year. I like that for such a big engine it really doesnt feel like a huge bike when you sit on it. It feels like it would be very ridable and comfortable. I've always thought it was the coolest looking production cruiser going.
    Current bike - 2008 Vulcan 900c

I had an M50 2 years ago and i loved it. If i could have kept both my M and current bike i would have. I test rode the 109 and didn`t really like the way it rode, its a bit heavy for a muscle cruiser and handles like one IMO. BUT MAN ITS A SEXY BIKE. If i was to get a cruiser for a second bike I would get another M50 without hesitation. Only problem with the M50 is it handles so well your constantly scraping frame and exhaust lol, I was still hosting my Muskoka rides back when i had her and some and the ss boys were having a hard time keeping up in the twistes.
    Last edited by boooya; 01-22-2010 at 10:06 PM.

The M109 is a great bike.
    Nice sound with pipes, great power and good ground clearance.

I've got some parts for one that I'm looking to get rid of
    Custom levers, braided brake lines, braided throttle cables, braided clutch cable.
    All are new

PM me if interested

Donald
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

Thumbs up Re: Suzuki M109

I have a 2009 M109R with K & N filters, Cobra swept exhaust and power commander V. These bikes are mod friendly and the torque is unbelievable. I am 6 feet tall and the bike suits me perfect. Once you get comfortable on the bike you do not notice the wieght. and trusy me this bike gets noticed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 020 a.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gashton View Post
    I have a 2009 M109R with K & N filters, Cobra swept exhaust and power commander V. These bikes are mod friendly and the torque is unbelievable. I am 6 feet tall and the bike suits me perfect. Once you get comfortable on the bike you do not notice the wieght. and trusy me this bike gets noticed.
    I've got some questions regarding pipe removal.... Did you have to remove the SET Valve / SET Actuator thing? I have Vance and Hines Big Shots going on my bike and just wanted to know if you kept it on or not..
    Lets Ride

I'm not 100%, but from what I understand, if you change the pipes, the S.E.T valve goes with it. I beleive at about where the 2 join together, the S.E.T valve is located there. That's one way to get rid of that squeak

I'm not 100%, but from what I understand, if you change the pipes, the S.E.T valve goes with it. I beleive at about where the 2 join together, the S.E.T valve is located there. That's one way to get rid of that squeak
    Have you seen/done the stock modification yourself? Removal of the S.E.T valve will cause the FI light to come on apparently... did you modify the wire that goes into the computer beneath the battery to disable the light?
    Lets Ride

This thread shows how to do it http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95024 Yes, the light does stay on, but you can disable it.

This thread shows how to do it http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95024 Yes, the light does stay on, but you can disable it.
    Awesome, I printed that whole page out. Can't wait to get those new pipes on!
    Lets Ride

I had the dealer install my pipes because of the warranty. The cobra exhaust comes with a cam that that attaches to the valve. Once installed it tricks the computer in thinking the valve is still there. You get no error lights.

That's cool that Cobra would do that.. but the V & H don't have that.. alternatively, even without the pipes, you can disable the S.E.T valve as a fix for the plagued "squeaking". There is mention though from some members that there is a slight loss of torque... not sure if they mean it's noticable though or how noticable. I wish dealers like yours took the same attitude with my jeep :P

my buddy put a fat tire kit on his M1O9, it look fast, and mean

I beleive there are a few out there... 250/260/280 and 300.. I could have sworn I saw bigger than a 300.. don't remember the exact size... but for sure at I *beleive* 300 you have to change the swingarm.... as well, people are starting to put 160's on the front... they look good.. mean.. but the one thing you have to consider.. is that the majority of the guys who put 280's 300's, are most likely interstate bikes, which typically run in a straight line from state to state. Some even venture for car tires... I'm not really sure how they perform in corners...

Dude,your kidding right?This mean your coming for the ride out east?Thinkin be back for the Mosport round.

So uh, what's the verdict, Eastcoast?

I want, but the earliest would be the fall..
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.