the "law" - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: the "law"

Re: the "law"

Wait, so you can't even stunt in a parking lot with approval from the lot owner?

You can still get careless/stunting tickets?

Criminal Code charges can still apply. HTA charges won't, in most cases.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Very alarming considering that more and more items are crossing over from the HTA to the Criminal Code.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

So where can you safely practice stunting without getting in to issues with the cops?

In a closed, soundproofed warehouse.. Hell, they even hassled people at Cayuga, so race tracks aren't all that safe either.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Make sure aforementioned warehouse is locked shut.

And has no windows.

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedEx View Post
    So where can you safely practice stunting without getting in to issues with the cops?
    No where! no matter where you go eventually cops will find you, and sooner or later your going to have a problem.

Weve been riding at the same spot for over 2 years now, alot of cops know we ride there. Even a Sargent from the local police division comes to watch, and even brings other cops who work desk jobs with him. He is ok with everything as long as he doesnt see anyone riding without helmets.

And we still get cops that stumble upon our riding spot from time to time, telling us we can be charged, we cant ride there, we have to leave, etc etc...Sometimes you can talk your way out of it all and keep riding, some times you have to leave and come back another day.

You could always try renting the Shannonville skid pad, some weekend.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

It seems, at least according to this. That there is some confusion regarding private property and the HTA. If I missed something from the original incident, please point it out to me.

http://newsdurhamregion.com/news/whitby/article/156660
    The driver, a 20-year-old woman from Toronto, was practicing her driving when she hit the gas pedal instead of the brake and panicked, police said.

"At this point, there are no charges because the Highway Traffic Act does not apply to private parking lots, which this was," said Durham Regional Police Sergeant Nancy van Rooy.

"The only thing that could supersede and apply would be something in the Criminal Code ... and nothing here appeared to apply."
    Bad Example

Banned

However, this had potential to turn a simple non-chargeable accident into an obstruct police criminal charge.
    The passenger and owner of the vehicle, a 23-year old man from Whitby, initially attempted to pass himself off as the driver when the incident occurred, while the woman left the scene for a short period of time, police said.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    The biggest misunderstanding here is what is a "suspended" driver.

There is a "suspended" driver..which is provincial, which means your DL has been suspended for points, or not paying fines. You can still drive a motor vehicle on private property, ie bike on a track.

Prohibited driver, means you are prohibited from driving. This comes from a criminal code charge. And this is where the 45 day vehicle impoundment comes in when you are caught driving while prohibited. Arrested and charged too.
    This is ANY motor vehicle ANYwhere in Canada. This means you cannot operate a motor vehicle period.

PS..you can be arrested and charged with impaired driving while being drunk paddling a canoe.
    Are you saying with a prohibited licence I wouldn't be able to play with my fiddy in my fenced in back yard? If so, then Suzuki Girl was right, don't get your licence and pay the huge insurance fees..... just pay the tickets when you do get caught since they are much less then the 'responsible' licensed driver would get.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

my kid spent 14 wknds in the can for riding his 50 while prohibited,, and they impounded it... $900 to get it out... but one of the owners of the pound bought it off him for $100 and "paid" the pound fees for him.

Last night, I had to chat with the man with plenty of chevrons on his sleeve... all because I was doing a few figure 8's on my lawn with a derby car.

yes.. he wanted to use dangerous driving.. and he was promising to call the bylaw to make sure my property was NOT sanctioned.. and if it isn't sanctioned,, then I must remove the grooves in the sod that appears to be a fig 8 race track!

no freakin sense of humour! then they drove away, down the sideroad and stopped in the middle of my crop circles .. lol.. I thought for sure they were coming back with proof that I was not entirely honest when I said I hadn't left my property

I can only assume they are fed up with someone.. <rolling eyes>

i dont get it?

i was run down by a car and could have been killed... the cop who came to the scene really wanted to charge the guy cause he didnt even have a licence, and he wrecked 3 cars... turns out the cop couldnt charge him cause it was private property. or someone just fed me a bunch of crap who didnt really want to do his job.